PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to have a ''export collection'' option?

Bells
05-04-2014, 11:35 AM
For collectors and traders i can see some value in this...

Like, an ingame option in the collection viewer where you can export your cards into an Excel table or maybe even an HTML table if excel is an issue.

essentially that would allow you to organize your cards anyway you want, apply all the filters that already exist... and put out a file you can use for your own out-of-game control, editing, tabulation and the like...

shadealpha
05-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I would love to be able to export my collection to a file in csv or xml format or something like that.

Especially if would also contain all the cards I don't have in my collection and include equipment and mercenaries.

Malakili
05-04-2014, 12:27 PM
That would certainly be a nice feature. I've already got a spreadsheet to track my collection, but this would be so much easier.

Hieronymous
05-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Yeah this is really needed.

Cernz
05-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Yes, as spreadsheet and/or with a small sized index with all card images.

Bells
05-04-2014, 01:24 PM
an early version i THINK could be made alongside the AH where it just gives you all your current cards with all filters you applied in game in a HTML spreadsheet.

Later on, this feature could be expanded with more stuff... like point out equipments, or the cards you don't have, progression status of achievements and levels, maybe the date in which you acquire the first card on the batch, if it's currently in one of your decks... stuff like that.

If you guys see this feature as adding value to the client and the game, please keep commenting and bumping it so it gets more visibility.

ossuary
05-04-2014, 02:54 PM
This is definitely a need to have feature, in some form, when development time allows.

Yoss
05-04-2014, 03:47 PM
I'd rather have an info API that works for collections and for the AH, but an export feature is OK as a short term measure.

sukebe
05-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Put me down for also wanting and export feature :-)

jcalton
05-04-2014, 05:24 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/search.php?searchid=11698

ossuary
05-04-2014, 07:25 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/search.php?searchid=11698

No search matches found. Try posting a link to an actual thread, instead of a search page looking for a thread. :)

dwebber88
05-05-2014, 12:11 PM
As long as the interface is solid enough, i wouldn't really need an export function. Of course, it would be fun and useful.

However I would rather see dual screen support, where you can use a 2nd monitor to see your collection in full-screen while drafting or doing other things.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-05-2014, 07:10 PM
My thing is the card manager should be functional enough you wouldn't need to export it. That is the level I hope we achieve before the end of beta.

Yoss
05-05-2014, 07:48 PM
My thing is the card manager should be functional enough you wouldn't need to export it.

Not possible for the stuff I would want. I want to be able to be drafting, and have each card in the pack show how many I already own and the AH price. I'm sure other people can think of other neat things to do, and we don't need to burden CZE with implementing them all. That's what an API is for.

ossuary
05-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Browsing through a collection in client isn't really a convenient way to organize what you want to trade with someone, or what you want to sell on the AH if you have a really large collection. Being able to export your entire inventory list to a text or csv or xml file means you can work with it outside of the game and apply other tools to it. I'd love to be able to extract my entire collection, apply some custom formulas to a spreadsheet to tell it what is "off limits" and send the rest on to my 10 friends so we can all compile quick and easy "no brainer" trade lists with each other to make it easier for us all to complete sets without having to hit up the AH.

There are dozens of other things I could and would want to do with the data from my collection that has no need to be coded in client. Offering an export option is a SUPER easy programming job that gives your players practically limitless functionality. It's a must have, slam dunk, easy as pie request. They'd be stupid not to offer it.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-05-2014, 09:01 PM
I guess I expect more from CZE because I don't even know what an API is nor would I expect my kids to know. But if we want to keep the game accessible to the computer savvy then that is one way to go.

Edit: I should add that I have nothing against an export feature. I just don't want us laymen forgotten about.

Yoss
05-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I guess I expect more from CZE because I don't even know what an API is nor would I expect my kids to know. But if we want to keep the game accessible to the computer savvy then that is one way to go.

Edit: I should add that I have nothing against an export feature. I just don't want us laymen forgotten about.

To support the layman, you want an API (Application Programming Interface). Not so that you can use it yourself, but so that the savvy programmers can create awesome newbie "plug n play" tool-kits and also advanced tools.

Arminace
05-05-2014, 11:42 PM
I think this is a nice idea. Maybe just 2 separate lists. 1 for the cards and 1 for all items that are tradeable (boosters etc).

I would like to see such a feature.

Edswor
05-06-2014, 12:06 AM
An API would be great but I assume that it's very low priority right now.

Hieronymous
05-06-2014, 02:03 AM
My thing is the card manager should be functional enough you wouldn't need to export it. That is the level I hope we achieve before the end of beta.

I get where you're going and it's not a bad take, but I might want to browse my collection "offline" as it were, for any number of reasons, without firing up the game client.

Thrawn
05-06-2014, 08:17 AM
To support the layman, you want an API (Application Programming Interface). Not so that you can use it yourself, but so that the savvy programmers can create awesome newbie "plug n play" tool-kits and also advanced tools.

Which would quickly turn into an issue if you need to be using 3rd party tools to stay competitive. Tools that track exactly what your opponent has played previously in the tournament/match. Stuff that gives you your exact percent chances of drawing a resource of drawing X card you need. A tool that pretty much drafts for you by keeping perfect track of what you've seen, what was picked, what colors are being drafted, etc.

CZE would have be very, very careful with an API because it could degenerate very quickly.

Pheelon
05-06-2014, 08:51 AM
I don't think thats what Yoss is after - Access to your collection / your profile stats only / maybe other stats that are relevant to your account - no access to any other data needed/wanted imo.

Yoss
05-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Which would quickly turn into an issue if you need to be using 3rd party tools to stay competitive. Tools that track exactly what your opponent has played previously in the tournament/match. Stuff that gives you your exact percent chances of drawing a resource of drawing X card you need. A tool that pretty much drafts for you by keeping perfect track of what you've seen, what was picked, what colors are being drafted, etc.

CZE would have be very, very careful with an API because it could degenerate very quickly.

I agree they need to be careful, but CZE has complete control of the API. If they goof up and allow out some data they shouldn't (in-game stuff mostly), they can patch it out so that the API doesn't support that data any more.

Sadly, I just realized that one of the same API hooks that would enable what I'd asked for (linking draftable cards to my collection and AH price) would also probably enable the card counting. Lame. Why must people be cheaters?

The other things (AH data, collection data) could still be good for an API. And don't forget the User Defined Modes that could be created with a more elaborate API.

Thrawn
05-06-2014, 11:54 AM
The other things (AH data, collection data) could still be good for an API. And don't forget the User Defined Modes that could be created with a more elaborate API.

AH bots running the market. Which granted is likely to happen anyways, but API would sure makes it easier. :p

Yoss
05-06-2014, 12:02 PM
AH bots running the market. Which granted is likely to happen anyways, but API would sure makes it easier. :p

It only makes it easier to create the bot. It does not change how efficient the bot is, nor does it change the fact that someone is going to create the bot. However, for the human, the API increases efficiency, which, if there are bots, will help him to compete a little better against the bot. It's the same reason why we should have as many robust AH tools in-client as possible.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-07-2014, 05:38 AM
Has anyone made a spreadsheet yet with a list of all the set 1 PvP cards that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Zaxian
05-07-2014, 07:19 AM
+1, I would definitely like an export collection feature (preferably including an export/import deck feature), so that I can build decks outside of game (for those times when I have access to a device but can't be in game for whatever reason) as well as the aforementioned keeping an eye on my collection whilst drafting.

Yoss
05-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Has anyone made a spreadsheet yet with a list of all the set 1 PvP cards that they wouldn't mind sharing?

There are at least two that I've seen posted. I'm not at all sure I could find them again though. I think one was from Patrigan and one from Kroan. Send PM's maybe.