PDA

View Full Version : Frost Wizard + Ancestor's Chosen

Tricsun
05-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Frost wizard is causing the ancestral specters to void rather than get shuffled into the deck. I know that frost wizard used to counter every action in Alpha, and that's fixed, but he is still voiding the specters for some reason. Not sure if it does the same with other cards that get created and shuffled into the deck (pack raptors, etc.)

Xenavire
05-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Frost wizard is causing the ancestral specters to void rather than get shuffled into the deck. I know that frost wizard used to counter every action in Alpha, and that's fixed, but he is still voiding the specters for some reason. Not sure if it does the same with other cards that get created and shuffled into the deck (pack raptors, etc.)

It isn't limited to actions, it is meant to void anything that would be added to the deck. Pack raptors, escalation cards, etc etc. Even Verdant Wyldeboar.

Tricsun
05-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Oh, my bad, only read graveyard, not deck. Oh well. On to trying to reproduce the other bug i might have seen.

ossuary
05-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Frost Wizard: the little engine that nobody noticed was situationally kickass. :)

Xenavire
05-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Frost Wizard: the little engine that nobody noticed was situationally kickass. :)

I want to find a serious use for it - too bad we don't have many cards to return opponents cards to their decks.

Tricsun
05-05-2014, 11:46 AM
I want to find a serious use for it - too bad we don't have many cards to return opponents cards to their decks.

Seems like it would pretty much shut down any escalation or pack raptor deck, but i don't know if those are even a serious thing anymore since i didn't play much at the end of alpha.

syphonhail
05-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Oh we noticed; we considered this as a sideboard card in the March tournament for blood/diamond control as it can hose the blood/sapphire matchup; however, we were already crushing that matchup anddevoting more sideboard cards to win that matchup more seemed unwise.

Malakili
05-05-2014, 03:34 PM
It's a great sideboard card, just without sideboards really being a thing right now, you just don't see it since people are just maindecking in the proving grounds.