PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had a Wild Growth re-draw?

Idus
05-06-2014, 02:44 AM
I've played dozens, maybe hundreds of games so far during Alpha & Beta. What occurred to me yesterday while testing yet another wild deck, is that I don't think I have ever had a Wild Growth re-draw for 0 cost.

How, I always just assumed it was bad luck RNG, but then I thought, maybe it's not me. So just to confirm it is me, and not a bug, can anyone else say they have ever had a re-draw of Wild Growth?

jowgenetsu
05-06-2014, 02:51 AM
I can confirm I have had a re-draw, Just once.

Smiley90
05-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Have had it redrawn as a cost 0 multiple times, works fine.

poizonous
05-06-2014, 04:15 AM
I have redrawn it and one time I actually redrew it the very next turn after playing it. RNG is nice to me

ossuary
05-06-2014, 05:32 AM
I've gotten Wild Growth redraws plenty of times.

Zoroaster
05-06-2014, 06:28 AM
I've redrawn it, but it still cost 1 upon casting, even though the card displayed 0. I added this as a bug to the alpha bug spreadsheet, however I don't know if Cryptozoic are still looking at it, as it hasnt been updated in a while.

Bells
05-06-2014, 06:32 AM
i have multiple times, Wild Re-growth For the win!!

I can actually confirm to you that Twice i had the pleasure of having Wild Growth and Verdant Wylderboar in my hands after the Redraw

Feels so good gurl...

RoyalNightGuard
05-06-2014, 07:16 AM
I've had it happen once :3

Zomnivore
05-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Had it happen once, seems to be a pretty rare thing tbh. Probably why its even on the card in the first place, just a smidgen more value.

wolzarg
05-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Ironically i don't want to redraw it i want it to go away and let me have other better cards!

Bells
05-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Ironically i don't want to redraw it i want it to go away and let me have other better cards!

oohh you with your crazy talk... +3/+3 ~turn, 1 cost, quick action is bad where?! And it comes BACK with 0 cost down the line... it's a freaking awesome Wild Buff; one of the best really.

Xenavire
05-06-2014, 11:34 AM
oohh you with your crazy talk... +3/+3 ~turn, 1 cost, quick action is bad where?! And it comes BACK with 0 cost down the line... it's a freaking awesome Wild Buff; one of the best really.

Except, you know, the turn after an extinction, etc. That is the one downside - it is an amazing combat trick, but it just isn't worth stacking your deck full of dead draws.

Athravan
05-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Yes, I've had it redraw quite a few times. I've also had it redraw at -1 or even -2 mana, although it still cost 0 to cast, it said -1 or -2 on the card - maybe because of other mana modifiers but I didn't notice.

Nekrabyte
05-06-2014, 11:47 AM
i should start putting a few of those back in some of my decks.... i remember trying to use it when it was bugged and it ADDED to the cost instead each time you used it, took it out of my decks then and basically forgot about it haha

EntropyBall
05-06-2014, 12:45 PM
I would much rather it kept its 1 cost and got a "draw a card" line added to it. Its still unlikely you ever see it again, but at least then it replaces itself.
Also, I've redrawn it and not had it cost 0. Not sure if it was just a display bug though, didn't check at the time.

Bells
05-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Aren't some of these cards affecting only themselves while others apply the effect to every copy of it?

Like, you cast Wild Growth, it goes back to the deck. Then you get ANOTHER Wild Growth that is not the one you first cast... then it would cost zero, unless the effect flag applies to all cards with that name and not just that one instance of the card...

Idus
05-06-2014, 02:26 PM
OK, glad to here it's working Ok. Guess the RNG gods hate me. I hope now that I've exposed their joke, they'll let me redraw from now on :)

ossuary
05-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Aren't some of these cards affecting only themselves while others apply the effect to every copy of it?

Like, you cast Wild Growth, it goes back to the deck. Then you get ANOTHER Wild Growth that is not the one you first cast... then it would cost zero, unless the effect flag applies to all cards with that name and not just that one instance of the card...

Wild Growth only affects the one copy you cast, not all copies. To affect all copies, it would have to say so on the card (see Escalation).