PDA

View Full Version : Transcended and Angel

lukas
05-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Hello

I just had a Transcended in Game. At the start of my turn, instead of drawing the top card of my library, I can choose a card in my deck and put it into my hand instead.

I Chose the Angel of Dawn. This creature reads: if you draw the Angel and it s the first card you draw this turn, put him directly into play.

Well I guessed the Angel should go directly on the battlefield. But it stayed in my hand...

It all depends on if the Transcended s ablility is still considered "draw" or if the "put the card in your hand" replaces the draw.

Not sure if this is intended or is a bug. I guess the Ability of the Transcende is no draw and this means that those two cards are a very bad combination, :)

Greetings

Lukas

Scammanator
05-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Yeah, "put the card into your hand" is not the same thing as "draw." "Draw" is a very specific action that means "put the top card of your deck into your hand." Any other method of putting cards into your hand is not considered drawing.

ossuary
05-06-2014, 10:33 AM
The Transcended's ability is a replacement effect. You use him instead of drawing, that's the key point. Basically, Angel + Transcended does not make a good deck. :)

CrimsonSoul
05-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Transcended + Replicators gambit makes an awesome deck though

CrimsonSoul
05-06-2014, 05:17 PM
http://filthysavages.com/index.php?attachments/repgambitkraken-png.19/