PDA

View Full Version : Timing out an opponent by making a card gain 55 1/1 a round

CrimsonSoul
05-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Your Display Name: CrimsonSoul

Bug Description: Able to time out an opponent (or bore them to death) in late game

Steps to Reproduce: Have about 3 or so Scriveners out and at least one righteous paladin then every round that you can bring out a kraken and replicators gambit the same kraken by the third time that you pull out the replicators gambited Kraken it adds about 513 1/1 to the righteous paladin in this time the timer sometimes bugs out and continues to show to count down for the opponent and it can cause them to time out and you win while the Righteous paladin is still resolving (it can take upwards of 15-20 minutes for all of it to resolve)

Frequency: Any time you can pull out the cards

Additional Information:N/A

AswanJaguar
05-06-2014, 01:38 PM
While this is a ridiculous corner case, it does show a need for the ability to pass all priority opportunities, either for the turn or from those generated by specific cards. For instance, being able to click on the Righteous Paladin in the above example and choosing "Auto pass priority from this card" would fix the issue, as would "Pass on all priorities for this turn."

Hopefully CZE is already moving in this direction.

Yoss
05-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Actually, it's more like it shows why timers shouldn't tick when a player has no ability to interact. If a player's client does not show any interaction options, his timer should not be moving.

AswanJaguar
05-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Actually, it's more like it shows why timers shouldn't tick when a player has no ability to interact. If a player's client does not show any interaction options, his timer should not be moving.

Well that goes without saying. I'd be shocked if this isn't on their bug fix list already.

Yoss
05-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Well that goes without saying. I'd be shocked if this isn't on their bug fix list already.

If it goes without saying, then why is Post 2 relevant? If timers don't tick when the player can't act, the bug from the OP is prevented, case closed.

zadies
05-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Actually a player can in theory act given a quick action card on each activation of the ability saying the server should reveal info about my hand automatically even in an edge case like this is a bad idea. Posts 2 solution was right on point.

Gwaer
05-06-2014, 11:49 PM
The bug of boring the player to death is certainly not fixed. Pass all is necessary even if the timer wasn't bugged.

Yoss
05-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Actually a player can in theory act given a quick action card on each activation of the ability saying the server should reveal info about my hand automatically even in an edge case like this is a bad idea. Posts 2 solution was right on point.

I think you miss understood my post. I was not talking about auto-passing priority. I was saying that if there is no UI control available (no Pass Button or whatever), the timer should not be moving.

AswanJaguar
05-07-2014, 09:26 AM
We've already agreed to your point, Yoss. When a player has to approve 500 priority passes, there is going to be a non-zero amount of time spent in order to do so even if the timers are working properly. Not only that, it's frustrating and unfun to have to approve every single priority generated by examples as in the OP. I was making a point tangential but related to the OP which has nothing to do with broken timers.