PDA

View Full Version : quick question about triggers

tehhuntre
05-06-2014, 05:07 PM
So "enter play" triggers can be murdered before they resolve their enter play effect. Is this right? It seems to me that you shouldn't be able to murder something before it has entered play.

Yoss
05-06-2014, 05:17 PM
No, you can't prevent a CIP trigger with removal (Murder, Time Ripple, etc).

EDIT:
To be more clear, you can't prevent it unless it is targeted and you make the target illegal in some way. Killing the source of the CIP trigger won't do anything.

Scammanator
05-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Do you mean a situation like this?

Player A plays Giant Corpse Fly ("When this troop enters play, target player discards a card.")
Giant Corpse Fly resolves and enters play.
It's ability triggers and it put on the chain.
Player B plays Murder, targeting Giant Corpse Fly.
Murder Resolves, Giant Corpse Fly Dies.
Giant Corpse Fly's ability is still on the chain, so it resolves, and Player B discards a card.

In this case, yes the Giant Corpse Fly is killed before its ability resolves, but that doesn't stop the ability from resolving.

Indormi
05-06-2014, 05:22 PM
You may be confused as some triggers can be "fizzle" with a murder in response to the trigger. For example Giant Crazed Squirrel.

tehhuntre
05-06-2014, 05:27 PM
The Giant Squirrel is the situation I observed. I guess that is a slightly different case then?

Scammanator
05-06-2014, 05:28 PM
You may be confused as some triggers can be "fizzle" with a murder in response to the trigger. For example Giant Crazed Squirrel.

Oh, yeah, that's a good example of an exception. That's because of how the "fight" keyword works.

tehhuntre
05-06-2014, 05:42 PM
So Noble Citizenry, for example, would resolve its +2/+2?

Scammanator
05-06-2014, 05:46 PM
So Noble Citizenry, for example, would resolve its +2/+2?

Yep! Just so long as the troop it's targeting is still in play and remains a legal target.

Rycajo
05-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Oh, yeah, that's a good example of an exception. That's because of how the "fight" keyword works.

That being, that in order for a "fight" to occur, both members of the fight must be in the warzone in order to damage one another.