PDA

View Full Version : More Casual Competitve Modes

etern4ever
05-07-2014, 05:49 AM
For us people that can't sit down and do a full draft/sealed/constructed event for several hours. I would like to see a draft/sealed/constructed mode similar to another game in this space.

IE.. You draft from a pool of cards instead of passing around packs. Or you open/build your deck for sealed events. And you play matches (anytime you want). or submit a deck. Limited # of losses to 3. Based on how many you win, the rewards increase.

Being a husband, father of 2, full time job with ALOT of overtime, etc, etc.. I just don't have the time to do a normal event anymore.

Just something for us casual people that still like competitive gameplay.

Ugh.. can't edit title. Not just draft.. All competitive modes.

incitfulmonk21
05-07-2014, 05:54 AM
Asynchronous sounds like your format and they have already said the plan to have it so keep hope alive :)

etern4ever
05-07-2014, 06:11 AM
Nice. Good to hear. Was looking at the website under the tournament modes and didn't see it. Thanks.

Yoss
05-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Constructed and Sealed will both be asynchronous once CZE has time to code in the logic I think. Draft is the only one that must remain monolithic.

etern4ever
05-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Well.. The standard draft modes, yes.. Where you pass packs. The different draft mode that another game does (trying to avoid mention another game on these forums), would be possible/enjoyable.

Xenavire
05-07-2014, 11:17 AM
You can say Hearthstone here, we are mature enough to not flip our lids over it. And arena-style asynch modes aren't bad, but it isn't the same as draft, it's a new mode. Definitely worth exploring in the future.

Well.. The standard draft modes, yes.. Where you pass packs. The different draft mode that another game does (trying to avoid mention another game on these forums), would be possible/enjoyable.

Turtlewing
05-07-2014, 11:25 AM

Sounds to me like that other game is misnaming their formats. "Draft" means you pass packs. If each player gets their own isolated card pool that's "Sealed", not draft.

Diesbudt
05-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Async is a fine idea, but as long as it is its own separate tournament or games, because me personally I hate playing games more than a simple mobile device game that is async.

YourOpponent
05-07-2014, 05:11 PM
IE.. You draft from a pool of cards instead of passing around packs. Or you open/build your deck for sealed events. And you play matches (anytime you want). or submit a deck. Limited # of losses to 3. Based on how many you win, the rewards increase.

That idea sounds a lot like Cube draft from MtG. Another cool idea from MtG I like is hate draft where the cards you draft are given to an opponent to use in a deck for the tournament. So naturally it often ends up with cards from each shard type being given to you and often no theme in the cards they hand you.

etern4ever
05-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Sounds to me like that other game is misnaming their formats. "Draft" means you pass packs. If each player gets their own isolated card pool that's "Sealed", not draft.

They don't call it draft.. They call it Arena. I was saying its draft like.

As long as async play isn't you play a card, wait for them to login, they play a card, they wait for you to login, etc. I want actual matches. I just can't sit there and play a whole tournament most of the time.

kidincredible
05-07-2014, 07:57 PM
There's always Pack Wars too right? Is that something that has come up in discussion? Cheap and quick from my experience with it in the past.

Yoss
05-07-2014, 08:03 PM
As long as async play isn't you play a card, wait for them to login, they play a card, they wait for you to login, etc. I want actual matches. I just can't sit there and play a whole tournament most of the time.

Here's what async is:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=32002