PDA

View Full Version : Understanding chests and the wheel of fate

FreyOrvar
05-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Is there a guide somewhere that explains chests and the wheel more thoroughly then the cze post?

GPrime
05-07-2014, 08:11 AM
What do you want to know?

Every pack opened grants you a chest. Normal packs can give you a common, uncommon, rare, or legendary chest. Primal packs always award a legendary chest.

Chests always begin with the ability to pay X gold to spin them on the wheels of fate (X being a higher cost for higher rarity). Successful spins can upgrade your chest, award you an additional prize (equipment, cards, sleeves, mercs, etc.). Upgrades increase the rarity of the chest and therefore the quality of the loot within, while additional prizes are awarded immediately. Some spin results will allow you to pay to roll the chest again, while others "lock" the chest preventing further spins and keeping it forever at it's current rarity. You can open a chest without spinning the wheel of fate, if you don't have the required gold or don't want to spend it.

The contents of a chest are decided when the chest is opened by randomly picking from that chest's "loot table". All "set 1" Rare chests pull rewards from the "set 1 Rare" table, and so on. If a chest is awarded (when it drops from a pack) during a special event, it will also be digitally stamped with that event's loot table. Presumably this means a "set 2 common" chest received from a pack during HexCon could award a prize from either the "set 2 common" table or the "HexCon common" table. If you spin that same chest on the wheels of fate and win an upgrade, the rarity will increase but it will retain the special event stamp.

Missing anything?

FreyOrvar
05-07-2014, 08:13 AM
How it works. So there are different levels of chests? I have 6 chests what can I do what them?

GPrime
05-07-2014, 08:29 AM
To add to the above, you can currently recieve rewards from spinning chests (though the only way to earn the required gold until PVE is implemented is to play tournaments, which are temporarily disabled) but you can not actually open the chests. This will be implemented in the near future.

FreyOrvar
05-07-2014, 09:07 AM
So....

1) You get a chest by opening a pack.
2) After a draft, you get 3 chests.
3) From a primal pack the chest will be a legendary chest.
4) From a normal pack, your chest can be common, uncommon, rare or legendary.
5) You interact with your chests on the wheel of fate screen.
6) There, you can open the chest and see what you get.
7) OR, you can spend gold to spin the wheel.
8) You may fail the spin. So you lose the gold, but keep the chest, and that chest can't be spun again.
9) You may win gold, cards, your chest may be upgraded, equipment for pve, packs, and/or the chance to spin again.

Anything there wrong?

Questions,
Can upgraded chests be spun again?
When you spin a chest does it also open it? I know right now chest don't open but in the future?
Is there something I am missing?

arastor
05-07-2014, 09:18 AM
You can keep spinning on chests until you get a result that does not have "spin again" as one of its rewards. Chests are not opened when you spin, but rather there is a separate button for opening them (which currently doesn't work). Aside from that, sounds like you have the general idea.

hex_colin
05-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Questions,
Can upgraded chests be spun again?
When you spin a chest does it also open it? I know right now chest don't open but in the future?
Is there something I am missing?

You can respin upgraded chests sometimes (eventually you won't be able to respin Primal chests).

And, no spinning and opening are completely distinct (you can't even open for now).

FreyOrvar
05-07-2014, 09:27 AM
SO if I pay the gold and get a failed result, I can pay again to keep spinning?

arastor
05-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Well, there's a couple levels of "failed result." They include: complete failure->no prize, no more spins; paid spin-> no prize, but you can pay to spin again; free spin->no prize, but you get to spin again for free (not really sure of the point of that last one...)

ossuary
05-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Again, it depends on what exactly you get on the spin.

There are total fails, which means you can't spin any more, and there are partial fails, where you can pay to try again, or get a free spin.

Most of the prizes also include the ability to pay to spin again.

malloc31
05-08-2014, 06:13 PM
I completed a draft using a free draft ticket and did not receive any chests is that normal since I didn't actually use any packs? or is that a bug?

arastor
05-08-2014, 07:00 PM
It's not currently showing telling you that you get them, but they should end up in your inventory. You may have to exit and log back in for them to show up though. If you still don't have them after that, it may be a bug.

malloc31
05-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Yep, I had to exit the game and log in again and they showed up.

(2 commons and one legendary chest, was a nice surprise)

Axle
05-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Does better chest = Better reward from the gold spin reward that gives you a random pvp card (Not the alternate art one)?