PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to know whether tournaments are up without logging in?

FreyOrvar
05-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Is there a way to know whether tournaments are up without logging in?

hex_colin
05-07-2014, 10:30 AM
@HEXTCG's Twitter feed is probably the most reliable place...

Either people will be chain asking "Are tournaments up yet?" or there will be a constant stream of "I'm streaming a draft..." :)

FreyOrvar
05-07-2014, 10:36 AM
The twitter hasn't updated in 16 hrs....

so I guess that means the tourns are still down.

There hadn't been a website article update in 5 days.

Yoss
05-07-2014, 10:43 AM
They were supposed to be posting status in General Discussion, though they seem to be doing Twitter more now (which I hate; die Twitter!).

nicosharp
05-07-2014, 10:45 AM
They also update in the game client. If you log in and the first thing you see is a red chat saying no ETA on tournaments, that means they are down.

Yoss
05-07-2014, 10:49 AM
They also update in the game client. If you log in and the first thing you see is a red chat saying no ETA on tournaments, that means they are down.

Thread title: "Is there a way to know whether tournaments are up without logging in?"

:)

FreyOrvar
05-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Thread title: "Is there a way to know whether tournaments are up without logging in?"

Umm yea, that.... I am at work and have to leave to go to find some near by wifi and log in on my laptop to look for the message in game. It takes about 30 minutes round trip to do it.....

I they are up then I am leaving for the day..... :)

Gwaer
05-07-2014, 10:54 AM
They aren't.

nicosharp
05-07-2014, 10:56 AM

ahh, been a busy day, reading comprehension failure :(

rjselzler
05-07-2014, 10:58 AM
I they are up then I am leaving for the day..... :)

Word of caution: I saw many people who were frustrated because they had done the same yesterday, only to get home and find that tourneys were down. Just a heads up and consideration. I was lucky (?) because I was sick yesterday, so I actually got to draft once.

On topic: Twitter is definitely the place to keep tabs it seems. I agree with Yoss; I am just crotchety enough to despise Twitter, but I just go with it...

jcalton
05-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Except that yesterday there was the red chat message that tournaments are down...but tournements were up. Buggy/slow, but up.

Mahes
05-07-2014, 05:43 PM
This is #1,572,789 of things that need to be implemented on thier to do list. So, that feature should be added around the year 2021.

Arveene
05-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Is there a way to know whether tournaments are up without logging in?

I'd honestly just assume that they're down until there's some announcement/article stating that they've been fixed.