PDA

View Full Version : Pterabot and Bertram

Glae
05-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Noticed something weird in a friendly match yesterday. I Had Bertram and several artifacts with a Pterabot. I played it. Opponent used Time Ripple (maybe Buccaneer?) to bounce it and cost went up as appropriate. Next turn I drew a shard, so I played it, and activated Bertram for a free worker bot. The pterabot's cost did not go down from the extra workerbot. Tried another time and the bug seemed to be reproducable.

TLDR: Bertram activating does not reduce the cost of an in hand Pterabot.

Yoss
05-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Was it just a UI glitch? Did you try to actually play the bot? Sometimes the UI forgets to update things even though the object has actually updated.

EntropyBall
05-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Noticed something weird in a friendly match yesterday. I Had Bertram and several artifacts with a Pterabot. I played it. Opponent used Time Ripple (maybe Buccaneer?) to bounce it and cost went up as appropriate. Next turn I drew a shard, so I played it, and activated Bertram for a free worker bot. The pterabot's cost did not go down from the extra workerbot. Tried another time and the bug seemed to be reproducable.

TLDR: Bertram activating does not reduce the cost of an in hand Pterabot.

I've seen this only as a (very common) display bug. Did you try to actually cast the Pterobot? I've had times where it shows 6 cost, but only takes 4 resources away when I cast it.

Glae
05-07-2014, 11:53 AM
I think I attempted to cast and was unable, but not 100% on that. I'll retry vs the AI tonight. Thanks for the replies.

Serax
05-07-2014, 12:52 PM
I ran into the same situation with different results. My Pterabot cost updated properly when the worker bot was created. Now the display glitch was present but after I passed into the next phase (Attack Phase) the cost updated.

GrammatonKlerik
07-28-2014, 08:58 AM
I noticed this same exact bug. It's just a UI bug as if you zoom into the incorrectly costed pterabot you'll see that all of a sudden the cost is correct.