PDA

View Full Version : Ozawa - Lifedrain/Defense Change in Combat

azaleus
05-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Let me know if this has been addressed in another thread (I did search.) or if I'm wrong, and this is how it should work.

I attack with a 9/5 troop. Opponent blocks with a 8/8 Ozawa.

I would expect both creatures would die, but lifedrain immediately triggered and pumped Ozawa. My troop died, and Ozawa went on to be the beast that it can become.

Is this working as designed, or should the damage be calculated and resolved prior to the lifegain and defense-value change?

Just interested to see how this mechanic should work.

Xenavire
05-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Let me know if this has been addressed in another thread (I did search.) or if I'm wrong, and this is how it should work.

I attack with a 9/5 troop. Opponent blocks with a 8/8 Ozawa.

I would expect both creatures would die, but lifedrain immediately triggered and pumped Ozawa. My troop died, and Ozawa went on to be the beast that it can become.

Is this working as designed, or should the damage be calculated and resolved prior to the lifegain and defense-value change?

Just interested to see how this mechanic should work.

We had this come up a while ago - Ozawa's ability is a constant effect (in other words, it doesn't 'wait' to refresh, it just does.) And since lifedrain happens at the exact same time as damage, Ozawa gets buffed before the game checks for death. Actually working as intended, which is kind of cool.

azaleus
05-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the response.

I'll need to get me some Ozawa's to work with.

Xenavire
05-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the response.

I'll need to get me some Ozawa's to work with.

Heh, you and me both! :p

Showsni
05-07-2014, 04:49 PM
With Magic's new lifelink rules this now happens in Magic too, if you get a Serra Avatar with Lifelink somehow.