PDA

View Full Version : AI cannot sense negative permanent effects on their own troops

sckolar
05-07-2014, 03:49 PM
I played against my first AI today! He was pretty cool. He knew not to attack when my troops had higher ATK. He knew when his cards had better def than mine. However, the AI was doomed because he played "Living Totem" which has the ability to give itself multiple qualities & boost ups (at the cost of 3 resources).The AI was doing good, right up until the following:

1. I activated a card that permanently prevents "Living Totem" from blocking or attacking. The AI could not sense it. So instead of changing his strategy, he spent all his resources every turn to boost Living Totem, even though it was useless. Meanwhile, he was discarding cards from his hand due to not using them. I hope in the future, the AI will know to change their strategy when facing these issues.

2. He played no almost other troops or spells. Aside from Living Totem, he played one spell, and one other troop.

ossuary
05-07-2014, 04:13 PM
The AI is a placeholder. Don't read anything into it (and there's no point reporting bugs on it for now - they know it doesn't work right). It says this if you read the screen that pops up for you to select your deck, when you choose to play against the AI. I expect we'll get a newer and better version sometime in the near future, so they can start testing out the better version before PVE is launched.

sckolar
05-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Oh cool! Thanks.

Showsni
05-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Seems like the AI will always spend all its resources buffing a single Living Totem once it gets one out, regardless of the rest of the board state/what they have in hand. It's usually pretty nice to see them play it, in fact - "Oh good, now he can't play any other cards. :)"

Deathfog
05-10-2014, 08:36 AM
The thing is the AI doesn't know what any status buff/debuff is, aside from flight.