PDA

View Full Version : Hex Day Giveaway!

hex_colin
05-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Happy (early) Hex Day!

Starting this one a little early since I'll be stuck on a plane for 13 hours starting just before Hex Day begins in PDT...

Rules: One post per person. Entries close Midnight PDT on May 15th. I will choose a winner shortly thereafter.

Just answer this question...

Why do you want to visit the HEX team in California?

The prize? You get to visit the HEX folks in CA!!! I'll procure the winner a plane ticket to/from their home and LAX/SNA/SAN (at a time we can mutually agree on, i.e. when I can get award tickets ;)). I'll also take care of 2-3 nights hotel (pretty flexible on this) of my choice within a few miles of CZE (or elsewhere in SoCal if you prefer). Hell, I might even bring your significant other along too if you're convincing enough. Bonus - you don't even have to spend any time with me! Although, I turn up at Game Night at an alarming frequency. ;)

Importantly, I'm open to anyone winning this. I might choose someone who is a staunch defender of CZE on these boards. However, I'm just as likely to choose the biggest detractor just to see how their opinion changes after a visit. Have fun!!!

TL;DR Post intelligently, win big prize!

Winners Announced!!!

So, this was an incredibly hard decision. And, as usual, I couldn't decide on just 1 winner... So, 2 lucky folks are headed to SoCal...

Congratulations to the winners!!!

The first is Infam0usne0. Notwithstanding the posts from other people saying that he should win, he also got a lot of private votes too. He's a true asset to our community and he'll represent you all well at CZE headquarters.

The second is Blair (Dynimix).

I'll be in touch with you both sometime this week to start working out logistics.

Finally, thank you to everyone who shared their reasons! :)

Yoss
05-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Since I'm one of the few who's already had a chance to visit, I won't take you up on this. Best wishes to all contestants!

mach
05-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Can we nominate someone else instead of ourselves?

hex_colin
05-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Can we nominate someone else instead of ourselves?

Yup, I'm open to that.

Also - in general, happy to answer clarifying questions, and I'll add them all to the OP. But, as I alluded to in the OP, I'll be out of touch until about 2pm PDT tomorrow (so, you'll get answers... soon...). :)

ossuary
05-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Holy crap, man. That's an amazing offer. You rock, Colin.

I'm also not going to put my name in for this, even though I would absolutely love a free vacation and chance to spend some quality time at CZE, because I have family living pretty close to there already. I'm relatively sure I could wheedle a couple of plane tickets out of my mom any time I could afford the vacation days, if I promised to spend some time with her while I was there too. ;)

Seriously though, good luck to everyone else. I'll be really interested to see who wins this and what their experience is like. :)

ursa23
05-07-2014, 08:21 PM
I just wanted to say that your generosity continues to astound me, Colin. As I am living in Cambodia presently, I will not even attempt to take advantage of this magnificent prize. Also, not spending time with Colin? That's a deal breaker. I would want to go to play Epic Spell Wars with the team, and in my mind you're the extra man on the pitch. For me it would be with Colin, or nothing!

YourOpponent
05-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I would really like to go to show them some ideas I've had for different types of tournaments that could be tested during Game Night and hopefully get the chance for them to reconsider me as a game designer apprentice in the future whenever there is an opening. I took to heart the feedback they gave me before on the game designing part of the test on some of the ideas I had for cards and feel that after more studying and balancing I'd be an excellent contribution to the team.

ronwac
05-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Okay, so games have been a huge part of my life. I was a TO for Magic, owned a FLGS and even started a mini con (RonCon) in my hometown for a few years while the store was open. I would just ask them every sort of question I could about games. Favorite Constructed Deck from any CCG, what Board Games are in their hypothetical emergency cabin in the event of an avalanche, first class the rolled in an RPG, favorite MMO Raid, memorable play through of Arkham Horror, tying them up and forcing them to play Arkham Horror is the response to the previous question is a confused stare, what developing a game is like. I'd just want to ask them a shit ton of questions and get to know them, and also give them an animetacklehug.

Freebird_Falcon
05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
whoa

Arminace
05-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Because I just read this thread and simply thought: WHAT THE FUCK?!!

This would be the fulfillment of my dream! I'm altering and designing TCG cards for myself and made a hughe software mod for BF1942 with my team (Forgotten Hope) in the past. Even EA was impressed by it and invited us to their offices in London. I really would like to see how it looks like how people arrange their daily life with my two greatest hobbies and get in touch with the guys who are behind this game. And I would have the chance to congratulate the guy who invented replicators gambit personally. What a great card ;)

Anyways, happy Hexday!

DionyzRex
05-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Awesome stuff Colin, and some really cool reasons posted already. :)

Can't wait to meet whoever wins!

Chiany
05-07-2014, 09:24 PM
I want to visit the Hex team so I can giggle like the fangirl I am upon meeting them, which is something special considering I'm a guy ;)

AswanJaguar
05-07-2014, 09:33 PM
As I mentioned in the Hex Day thread, the Microprose Magic the Gathering game is one of my all-time favorites. It allowed modes of play that were unexplored at the time and added a real RPG element to a traditional TCG. The AI wasn't great, the graphics were mediocre and it had a lot of exploits but it was the first game to combine two of my favorite pastimes. When I heard that some lunatic was creating a modern-day version of it I had to check it out.

I found a man with a burning passion to make his dream game a reality. He had hired some very smart people to help him create this game and I knew I had to help him reach his dream. I missed out on the Kickstarter but am a very excited Slacker Backer. More than this, though, is what Cory's enthusiasm has done for me personally. I've been considering for a career change for a few years now but I've been looking for something, anything that would make me want to get out of bed in the morning and smile knowing that I was going to get to continue to work at it that day. Gaming is a big part of my life and it's one of the few things that I have a burning passion for. I've known for a while that getting into game design or development is likely my next step and I'm taking strides to make that happen.

To be able to meet the man that convinced so many of us to contribute to his dream more of less sight unseen would be an amazing experience. I don't know if I have a future with Cryptozoic or if my fate lies somewhere else completely but I know for a fact that being able to meet the CZE team, see the work that they're doing and talk to the man behind all of this would be a life-changing experience for me.

If you see fit to invite me to California, I can offer a couple of value-added tiers. Firstly, I will join you in calling Ben a loser as we run amok in one of his silly paper raids. You can then help me ridicule him for passing me over as an Apprentice. Cathartic and amusing!

Secondly, and this to you I swear, I will bring a bear suit and wrestle that bastard Kyle to the ground while you capture it on film for all of the backers to see. We can bring this chapter of our lives to a close, at long last.

The choice is yours, good sir. ;)

majin
05-07-2014, 10:01 PM
you Colin really proves to be one heck of a generous person. I would like to enter but can't as my mom got her 2nd stroke recently so even though I want to experience traveling out of the country for the first time, it's out of the question for a while.

I just want to say good luck to everyone. People like Colin are what helps make this a great community

FlyingMeatchip
05-07-2014, 10:06 PM
When first getting introduced to the game format known as the TCG I was a twenty something man just enjoying life with my hippy friends. A lot of these guys/girls have funny names and funny smells and traveled all over the country meeting new people along the way. Each time a new friend or two would join the small groups of friends and pop into town for a visit. Now you must know hippies spend a lot of time out in the woods by campfire with their make shift kitchens just enjoying life. Things like Xbox's and Playstations just aren't needed and really can't be fully utilized on the road. Some do have laptops and I imagine now cheap tablets. Really though, a lot of a hippies time is spent talking about their own experiences and playing card games, namely Magic the Gathering....the physical version.

It really astounded me how much these people enjoyed sitting around and to play this card game Magic the Gathering. They showed me a game and loaned me a deck to play with....I was hooked. I spent the afternoon getting stomped by my buddy Bickel's infinite Dragon loop and one of my hometown friends Steve with his basic mono green beaters and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I went down and picked up my first Starter deck and a Tournament booster pack only to receive a card that I couldn't believe existed and only fueled my desire for the TCG....Platinum Angel. I just couldn't fathom a game where my opponents couldn't win the game and I couldn't lose but here it was and I did my best to abuse it. It worked for a little while and I won some games but the thing about hippies is they meet a lot of people and they trade like mad. It seemed everyone had a traveling deck or two with some trading fodder. Cards old and new with combos that just staggered the mind. It seemed every couple 3 or 4 months they would pop in again and show off their new wares of indestructible artifacts that not a single one could be touched or the Infinite Dragon combo that was even faster than before. It was great meeting new people in this game but sometimes situations change....people move and some move on as in my case and we lost touch for some time.

It wasn't but a few years ago in '10 that we reunited for a time and again the same old haunts of the Infinite Dragon Combo came back and haunted me yet again. This time my friend Bickel and his new girlfriend Nicole, now his wife, moved back into the area on a short term basis and were going to be in the area for the better part of a year. I was bouncing around from rental to rental and they invited me in to stay during their time back in the area. It gave me a chance to get back on my feet, change a couple jobs to something I was more comfortable with and to meet even more people and play more Magic in which I lost a great many games.
As planned the year went by and my Friend Bickel and Nicole found a property first in the Ozarks of Missouri then later in Hayfork, Ca. They come back a couple of years ago for their wedding in Bickels home area of Caseyville/Fairview Heights, IL and was lucky enough to catch the Nicole's garter at their wedding. They pop in about once a year and try my best to catch em when they're in town. They are really good people that I miss dearly and would relish the opportunity to get a chance, if only fleeting, to see them again.

Which is why I would like to get the opportunity to visit the Cryptozoic studio's on a game night. I would love the chance to invite my friends down to share some time playing some totally crazy card games that they most definitely get into. As well as this new computer TCG that I'm hooked on now. I've been trying to even get a BETA key to give to them to try out but feel a little guilty because there are a lot of people in the streams just hearing about HEX and are interested in getting in the game. For all the bumps in hurdles in life and in the creation of a game in the end it's worth it. It's all about the journey.

Flying Meatchip
Frank G. Markovich
Swansea, Illinois.

Khazrakh
05-07-2014, 10:10 PM
You never fail do amaze me Colin.

I'd like to nominate Xenavire (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/member.php?u=18399) because he just recently stated that he'd love to go there some time but can't afford to do so.

That's not all though - he's one of the most active members of our community, he really IS passionate about this game and above everything else he always is considerate and respectful no matter how heated the discussion gets.
So yes, in my opinion if one member of the community deserves to win the Hex Day Giveaway it's Xenavire.

Bells
05-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Wow, Colin, dude... this is huge. Thank you so much. You doing this for the community is nuts!! I hope you inspire other s hex players into making this into a great community... also, i think you should tell us your birthday and give us a PO box, because goddamn it you deserve a box of cookies or something for this... remember me to gift you a booster or something when trade is avaliable! hot damn...

So... all that aside.

My reason is because i have an youtube Channel in Brazil where i'm trying to introduce more and more stuff about Hex. Right now the game is pretty unknown but it is being translated and will be handled by another company here ( called Level Up ) so i'm following up on that pretty closely.

I would love to meet the Hex team because i would love to interview them and make content with them about Hex for my Channel, i would love to promote Hex on my own country even before the localized version comes out. That would just be absolutely sensational... working on my channel i managed to get some pretty awesome deals, i managed to interview producers for a few games (like assassins's creed 4, the witcher 3 and the managers of the company that will localize Hex here). So if i could add a visit to HEX HQ and a behind the scenes look on how all of this comes to be... that would just be sensational! And i don't mind English content on my channel because i can just subtitle everything myself.

Plus, i already have traveled to the US and have all my documentation, so i totally would love to have that shot... because it's pretty hard to go there, even though i know for sure people would go insane if i could show them how a next gen card game gets realized.

nekoangel
05-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Massive Props to you Colin again doing awesome stuff for everyone!

For me it would be the best reason ever to get a passport. I've never left the UK at all although possibly that's because I'm scared of heights....

Going for me would be like someone meeting there idol it would just be an experience that I've always wanted to have.

I've not been excited for a game like hex since the world of warcraft tcg and an opportunity to go to the HQ and experience what it's like and meet loads of cool people would rock.

Who wouldn't want to meet the makers of there favourite game?

iscariotrex
05-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Wow... just wow.

Well, because reasons, yeah? I would love to get a chance to meet the team just because of the warmth they have shown to their patrons. Cory, Ben, etc. seem to have a great deal of love for what they do that translates well in how they communicate with us, and I respect that.

I'm hoping to one day meet the crew at Gencon at some point in the long and successful future of this game. That said, making it to the Cryptozoic offices would probably be much harder idea to sell to my wife with our limited resources, vacation time, and whatnot. It would be an amazing geek pilgrimage though I'm sure.

For the record, I wouldn't mind hanging out with you as well, Colin. I'm resisting the urge to kiss ass, but you do a lot man. You are too kind.

dogmod
05-07-2014, 10:58 PM
I would love to be a game designer for a day. I have passed that point in my life where it was feasible to apply for the apprentice program as school debt and life responsibilities and commitments make it untenable to drop everything and pursue something like that.

I think it would be amazing for one day to be able to show my ideas to the Cryptozoic guys in hopes that just one of them they would say "wow that is pretty neat.. you know we might be able to use that in this one area." Get some feedback on all the bs I have been spouting on the boards for nearly a year now.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G_ekhon1GYf3OgtXlFAuFonHkbDCxMiI_HTaryRgXhc/edit?usp=sharing

I guarantee I will come up with 3 ideas better than any of the ideas in that google document if you bring me out there. ;)

Voormas
05-08-2014, 12:05 AM
I just wanna play some games man :cool:

Patrigan
05-08-2014, 12:06 AM
Colin, you never cease to amaze me.

First a bit about myself. I've been a volunteer CZE from even before CZE existed. Back when it was UDE, I started playing their new game WoWTCG. I've always been one to give back to the community, preferably in ways that nobody else is doing. During UDE I did this by first becoming a local organizer and judge. Then I grew to become an international judge. This international judging was my first opportunity to meet some of the awesome people that now work (or have worked) at CZE, looking at you Alex Charsky!

Then UDE came to an end. I think it was Blizzard's WoWTCG liaison that then decided "Hey, this game needs to live on, I will start my own company and take over". That awesome man did so and WoWTCG continued living. We all know that man to be Cory Jones. With the transition some other awesome changes were made. One of those was the Champion of the Black Flame program, a way for CZE to connect with their volunteers. To this day, I am proud to wear number 22. A feat, considering the first 10 and a bit were CZE employees. During that time I've also grown to become the semi-official organized play manager for Belgium, organizing the national events and scheduling the important qualifiers at the stores (together with said stores). It's the sort of giving back that nobody else was doing.

At one of the big international events Kyle Heuer mentioned that he would be stepping down from his position at CZE at that time, to work on some of their other projects. I didn't put much thought in it, but I admit I was a bit sad, Kyle is an awesome guy. I should've thought it through at that point, because we now all know what he got involved with.

Then the end of WoWTCG came. It was a difficult time and even my faith in CZE wasn't as certain as it has been at some points. I almost felt the ground falling from beneath my feet. But I kept faith. I've known the people at CZE that I had worked with. They are decidedly awesome people. And when hex was announced, my faith got revitalized. I knew I was going to be part of the Hexperience and I would be doing something for the community. I already knew this back then and we all know what I'm doing right now ;)

I'm a CZE veteran and I will likely still be here when I'm grey and old. I honestly expect them at some point in the far future to pull the plug out of the current version of HEXTCG and announce a project that I have dubbed HEX MCVRTCG. It'll still be hex, but instead of sitting behind our computer, we'll be walking around in a holodeck tournament area, actually seeing our opponents. CZE will be bringing Hex back to the tables! (MCVRTCG stands for Massive Community Virtual Reality TCG).

So now to get to the answer, why do I want to visit the Hex Team:
I want to meet Cory. I have met so many awesome CZE employees, it is those people I trust. I don't know Cory, but the team he commands? They're the ones that have my faith. If there's one thing that I know about Cory is that he knows how to create an awesome team. But who is this man behind that awesome team? I want to meet this guy and have a chat with him (although I fear that I will become a 1000% fanboi then!)

What would we talk about? YOU! the community. The Champions were one of the pillars that made WoWTCG so awesome. Sadly, with the demise of WoWTCG, the Champion of the Black Flame program has been put slightly on hold. I would want to see it revitalized and utilized to strengthen HexTCG. HexTCG is awesome, but I can not even begin to imagine the heights that it would soar with a champion program behind it.
Obviously, I would also want to talk about the wiki. Perhaps I even want to do both. I do think that there is a good way to combine both. CZE get to me about that if you're interested!

Obviously, I also want to play boardgames. I mean, it's the real reason I want to go, but let's be honest, that angle is not gonna win me this contest!

Well there you have it. Whew, this almost feels like my autobiography... Almost ten years of my life now, I've been with the people at CZE. With Hex, I know it's not the end. Looking forward to the future!

GPrime
05-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Why should I go? Well, I've been looking for a way to get down there for months. But as a Canadian, it's hard.

First off was the apprentice program. I'm probably not the only one here who dreams of working with a group like CZE or on a project like Hex. However, I'm one of the would-be applicants who was destined to fail at the starting gate; US immigration simply does not allow for non-citizens to apply for a job like that. The only loophole I could find after days of research was if I was seeking asylum in the States--and nobody would believe that I'm a refugee. =P

Still I wanted to get involved with the community in a meaningful way, so I started streaming and, later on, helping John Tatta with the HTP Challenge series. Then the Hex crew rubbed salt in my still-healing wounds by opening up hiring for the Community Manager job. Not only was there a chance to work with the Hex crew, but it was in a position that leveraged the exact skills I've been building as a streamer (a hobby that I've grown to love, but to do it for a living? Get out of town.)

I studied immigration law with a new fervor, but the only leads I found were weak. You can enter the country as a newscaster or as an entertainer--but the portfolio and prestige required for both is way out of my experience. And either way, the tangential relationship between these and a Community Manager job would be quite difficult to justify to immigration services.

So working for CZE is out. Period. The only way to make it work is to come in as an investor (bringing at least $1m USD with me an creating jobs as a result.) But if I could afford that, you wouldn't be reading this. =)

In the end, it stands that my "opportunity" to meet Cory & co. is HexCon--which I'll drop everything to attend, no question. And unless something drastic changes, I'm unlikely to ever make it to Irvine for a "game night". But boy would I love to go.

Also, I really want to give Hex-Rex a high-five. That dude rocks.

Edit: wow, you've got two novels to read in one page. It's a good thing you seem to enjoy hearing from us, because this thread might take some time to get through. =P

Kroan
05-08-2014, 12:52 AM
There are a few reasons. One is that I'd love to visit the west of America, which I think would be a one-in-a-lifetime experience. The main reason would be to talk with the CZE staff about the game itself and discussing what I could do to help them spread the word. I've made the hex app, and would like to go over some stuff with them to improve the quality of it, and that's best done face to face. Thanking them for making the game is on top of my list too of course.

Another reason would be to finally get wife on board of the CZE train. I would def. tag her along (fat chance that she would allow me to go alone), even if I would have to pay for her myself. She loves playing games and I think she would have an awesome time, maybe even more than I have. Would be an awesome thank you to her, since she has been so supporting during the last year with me talking non-stop about a game that is not out yet.

Obviously I would love to meet the person that made the iOS app possible in the first place, Mr. Colin and thank him in person.

Thanks for the opportunity to get a shot at this. Very much appreciated, man.

Edit: Sorry about the late edit, but I was thinking about some things to improve the interactions with my stream lately. I have some pretty amazing idea's, but would need to discuss them with the engineers of Hex to make them possible in the future. Could be done through skype I guess, but having a face-to-face meeting often works much better for these things :)

Gulbech
05-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Dear Colin

It is amazing what your are doing for this community.

Best regard
Gladsheim

Athravan
05-08-2014, 01:27 AM
I wouldn't be able to use the prize (can't manage a 10 hour flight atm sadly) so I'm not actually entering, but thanks for running this - the community is lucky to have you.

hammer
05-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Colin you are a legend. Whilst I would love to go and visit CZE it isn't practically possible for me to do so even with the financial obstacle removed. I would really like to nominate Kroan to attend. He has been an early streamer of Hex from the alpha, build the apple IOS ap (with you help to publish), is running and maintaining the Hex-Promo page (I am a sucker for Alternate Art cards), is a positive and constructive member of the community who isn't afraid to ask challenging questions where appropriate. I would love to see a fellow European have an opportunity to accept this prize and he has already indicated a desire to attend. So for what it is worth please consider Kroan :D

Myrgard
05-08-2014, 02:40 AM
First thanks Colin for another outstanding giveaway.

For me it would be a dream coming true, but unfortunatly i will not have a chance before the end of the year(very busy with my job, my son and my wife and hex) ;)

But i would gladly lend my support to Xenavire(i dont know im, im not even in the same guild) but from what i read so far in the foruns he always have been an active member helping with the growt of our cummunity i think along with you he is one of the our best members plus he alredy talked about how much he would love to visit Criptozoic(but unfortunatly dont have the means) so would be a nice prize to im.

If Xenavire can't, i would support Kroan and make Hammers words mine :)

Makos
05-08-2014, 03:08 AM
Even tho I don't post often, Your post colin is making me do so :)

First of all, I think we all agree on that You're an awesome person, putting a lot of personal resources on the line for the project.
Second, and the main reason I'm even writing this post is to take part in this awesome idea of Yours. Even if I'm not widely known person on this forum as many more before me, I'd like to give myself a shot, at the very least :)

Why me? Well.. I'm a 19 year old, living in a small town in Poland, and I've been playing tcgs for almost as long as I've remembered. First pokemons, then my brother introduced me to M:tG, which I've fallen in love with from the very first sight. Being 15, I've started to attend some tournaments, and then I've reached even more level of excicement for the game. The thrill of playing, eventually winning or loosing a tournament was everything I could think of at a time. However, given the fact I was still a minor, I didn't have enough resources to buy all the cards/travel to tournaments. Living in a small town, not having a tournament scene anywhere close, we (me and my brothers, who are supportive enough they manage to present me with a tourney from time to time) had to travel once a prelease or something bigger than a FNM was going on.

When I saw the KS campaign for HEX, I couldn't believe my eyes. I was stunned. So basically You're saying it has the components of the game I've loved for the most of my life AND being a mmo? That was almost unbelieveable to me. On the very first day of KS, I've ran through all of my friends, asking them to borrow me some money. Long story short, I've managed to gather 250$ for a PP backer, which is the most money I've ever put on a single purchase, ever.

I'd love to personally thank each of the HEX team for putting so much effort, and being such an awesome team, working on a dream project I could've only dreamt of before. Also, I have finished my high school this year, meaning i can attend university starting from october. I always had a push for IT, so thats what I'm going to study. Being able to see how a game developers work, talk to them, or even ask, which fields of study to put more effort on would be very beneficial, and heck, who knows, maybe when I finish my studies I will be able to apply for a HEX team member myself. But those are just the future dreams of mine :)

For now, thank You for being awesome colin, and best of luck to everyone!

Xenavire
05-08-2014, 03:16 AM
You never fail do amaze me Colin.

I'd like to nominate Xenavire (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/member.php?u=18399) because he just recently stated that he'd love to go there some time but can't afford to do so.

That's not all though - he's one of the most active members of our community, he really IS passionate about this game and above everything else he always is considerate and respectful no matter how heated the discussion gets.
So yes, in my opinion if one member of the community deserves to win the Hex Day Giveaway it's Xenavire.

I just woke up, came to the forums and saw this thread, and this post has me in tears. Sadly, I think I have to refuse, for reasons I have stated to Colin before.

Now I think I am going to cry like a little girl, so if you will excuse me...

havocattack
05-08-2014, 03:34 AM
WOW! Colin, you're truly an amazing person! Congrats to whoever is awarded this fantastic prize! :)

Where to begin... As some of you will know, I live in Australia, what you don't know is that I have never been outside of Australia and have only been on a plane once when I was a little kid, when moving from Adelaide to Melbourne where I have resided since.

I sometimes fantasize about travelling to different places around the world, soaking up the new experiences, the culture, the sights, the people. But, it is just that, a fantasy that I accept is never likely to happen.

Not only do I not have the money to travel, I don't even have a passport! I've always thought I will never need one since any money I do get (very little) goes straight into my savings (my mum taught me well, thanks mum!).

If you gave me the opportunity to visit the HEX team, I would drop everything and fill out the necessary paperwork for a passport before you could say Kangaroo!

It would mean the absolute world to me, getting to meet the HEX team and people from the community in person would be so... so... A word has yet to be invented to describe how it would make me feel... >_<
I'd also be able to say I've been out of Australia! :P

Growing up, I never had the opportunity to sit down with a group of friends, be it at a local hobby shop or at school and play a card game, like mtg. This was somewhat due to it not being as big over here and so things like mtg didn't even pop up on my radar until about 6 years ago, when I found mtgo.

Obviously with mtgo, I was playing against faceless opponents, very little interaction, but I still had fun for a while. However, at some point I lost interest. I went back to my usual games; FPS, RPG, RTS etc... I played it all and was heavily involved in several competitive scenes throughout the years.

Enter HEX... When I first found the kickstarter page, it was like a dimming switch had been turned and as I scrolled down the page, the switch turned more and more until the light was blinding. THIS! This is it! HEX was what I had been waiting for.

My excitement levels were at an all time high! The kickstarter video, the artwork, the descriptions. Everything just left me without a doubt in my mind, it was clear the team behind the project was extremely passionate about what they were creating and that it was something I had to be a part of.

I dipped into my savings and immediately went for a pro tier, as the numbers dwindled I grabbed another, again they dwindled, again I grabbed another. They sold out before long and the grand kings started to go.

I tried to stop myself but something inside of me took over and at the end of it, I found myself with three pro tiers and a grand king. I justified my purchases to myself afterwards... "It's OK, this game is going to be HUGE!" and "You will play this for many many many years to come!"

Looking back, I am extremely happy to have backed the project. I have been streaming Hex since the start of the Alpha with no plans on stopping. I mentioned that with mtgo, I missed out on a lot of player interaction that I was used to from other games. While Hex is somewhat the same, streaming has changed all that for me. I have made many new friends and I am able to share the game with people from all around the world and interact with them.

It has been an amazing experience for me. I truly believe I have grown as a person, and I am proud to be a part of such an amazing community.

While streaming is amazing, as I mentioned, I've never sat down with a group of mates and enjoyed a card/board game together and if I have any regrets from my younger days (I'm now 29), it is that I kept to myself too much (I was very shy).

Please make my first experience the best it can be, send me to CA and let me meet the HEX Team and members of its community. Let me crush them in a draft. Laugh with them while enjoying some board games, but most of all, shake every hand I can find!

Happy HEX Day! <3 you all :D

Chris

P.S - I can bring Bella if that sweetens the deal ;)

P.S.S - I can also bring Vegemite for everyone!

Cirouss
05-08-2014, 03:53 AM
A really amazing thing you are offering :D

Why I would like to win this:

First, I am german - I'll bring you german beer and... COOKIES! Haha joking :D (No serious, I'll bring you german beer!)

I would love to visit the HEX team because I really want to meet the crazy guys that are behind HEX, cory with all his crazy thoughts and all the people that are so highly motivated to create this game - Would love to see them and talk to them. I am also creating a lot of HEX content on my stream, youtube etc. and I just love supporting this amazing game. A watch behind the scenes makes it even more amazing.

Whats also important: I always wanted to go to america. Next year I will start my study in game developement on a private universaty in germany and it's very likely that I will live and work in america at some point of my live (since the german game industry is not THAT big) - So it would be an amazing start to be at CZE and prob. see how it would be to work in their crew, by talking to the people directly and that will likely be the point where I can say that I should apply for a job there once my studies are done. So its not only HEX that intrests me, its moreover CZE itself that would be amazing to see by my own eyes.

Also I would love hanging out with you, you seem to be a very nice person and you may show me a lot of america besides from CZE and HEX :D I would LOVE to win this!

Cirouss

ossuary
05-08-2014, 04:25 AM
P.S.S - I can also bring Vegemite for everyone!

What are you trying to do, poison us? ;)

ossuary
05-08-2014, 04:26 AM
I just woke up, came to the forums and saw this thread, and this post has me in tears. Sadly, I think I have to refuse, for reasons I have stated to Colin before.

Now I think I am going to cry like a little girl, so if you will excuse me...

I don't care what the reasons are. Colin, you get yourself on a plane out to wherever Xen is and force him at gunpoint to come back to Cali with you if you have to. Nobody has been a stauncher supporter of CZE than him, and if anyone deserves a trip to meet the dudes that make this all happen, it's him.

Zomnivore
05-08-2014, 04:33 AM
Colin really is pretty special :)

Happy to have ya here. I'd love to hear about pve, and pick their brains on what they think they're going to do there, and other things like what sort of problems implementing an AA art store would create, and possible solutions. Streamer support and other systems to make HEX more engaging as a viewing experience, and the sort of features that would assist streamers and would be streamers.

Course I bet there are a dozen dozen people here who can do that and will :) so good luck yall!

havocattack
05-08-2014, 04:41 AM
Nobody has been a stauncher supporter of CZE than him

While I agree that Xen is very active on the forums, there is a lot of ways to show your support for a game than just post counts :P
A lot of streamers, including myself, have spent a great deal of time supporting/promoting the game, so I have to lovingly disagree with you there ;) We don't have as much time to spend on forums, gotta stream!!!!

Xenavire
05-08-2014, 05:19 AM
While I agree that Xen is very active on the forums, there is a lot of ways to show your support for a game than just post counts :P
A lot of streamers, including myself, have spent a great deal of time supporting/promoting the game, so I have to lovingly disagree with you there ;) We don't have as much time to spend on forums, gotta stream!!!!

I agree, the streamers are doing an awesome job. I try to keep up with them, but I lack the raw charisma that a good streamer needs. Any one of the major Hex streamers deserves it more than me.

And Oss, you should really check out the guild forums sometime. I finally got a Hex t-shirt (thanks so much Miyordon!) and I took a picture wearing it last night. You might understand my position if you saw that photo. :p

Cernz
05-08-2014, 05:36 AM
you are crazy !!! ;) gl to all

ossuary
05-08-2014, 05:36 AM
Hey, streaming is great, don't get me wrong. It helps keep interest up in people who are already feeling good about the game, and sometimes getting new people interested as well. But you can't discount the value of trying to keep the negativity in the community in check, either. Xen is all over that. :)

And I saw the picture (I really do need to get around to making an account so I can post... soon, I promise). I don't see the problem? You know being ginger's not an ACTUAL crime in the US, right? That's only in the UK that they still stone people. ;)

fido_one
05-08-2014, 05:39 AM
Amazing stuff Colin; wish I could compete but alas can not.

Good luck everyone!

UDareUTake
05-08-2014, 05:39 AM
Wow, I really have to try to give this a shot...

I've been with Hex right from the beginning of Kickstarter and I would really love to finally have the chance to meet Cory and the team that made this game possible.

It would be a once in a life time chance for me and I could learn so much from them and have a great time as well.

And also, to be able to meet and talk to everyone in person (Colin included) would be a really great experience for me that I will never forget.

Fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Reifu
05-08-2014, 05:48 AM
And I saw the picture (I really do need to get around to making an account so I can post... soon, I promise). I don't see the problem? You know being ginger's not an ACTUAL crime in the US, right? That's only in the UK that they still stone people. ;)

Dude, he clearly had a green monster growing out of his armpit! Security would obviously not let him board with such a lethal weapon!

Xenavire
05-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Oss, I am blonde, not ginger, that isn't my worry. My problem is that my group is inseparable - which is a bit of a problem. I refuse to leave them (especially Myuu) just so I can have fun. It is a case of we all go, or none of us do, and I am fine with that. So I won't be going any time soon.

bofedy
05-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Colin this is awsome what a prize it is very rare that a prize is beter than $$ i just love that you think of such great things :)

I would love to go to CZE HQ i know i will never get to go to america being in the uk so for me this is a once in a life chance to go to america but not only that i will have a great company with people who love games (btw i might stick to you like glue lol) as i spend most of my time on games i would love to know what happens at there HQ and get some insite to the development also i hope to meet people as i think that is just as important.

P.S. i would like to vote Infam0usne0 to have a chance as i think he has been one of the key people who have helped hex by being such a great guy like geting intervews, talking to hex staff to get info/prizes and also giving away a crap ton like your self colin im sure he has a list of 100+ people he is going to give stuff to. and hes a streamer and i would be disapointed if some one so great gets nothing back from the people he helps :)

P.S.S. Colin i wish i could give something to you as you do so much but has i have nothing of value and you wouldent accept anyway heres a high 5 and keep up the good work support.

wolzarg
05-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Honestly short and average reason but simply putt. I love the game and the people behind it seem awesome. It would bring me great joy to get to meet them and this is not going to happen outside of this chance. Either way i wish who ever wins the best of trips and a memory for life.

Ravenclaw
05-08-2014, 08:23 AM
You're crazy Colin! :D
But I love it.
Good luck all you guys!

Rezna
05-08-2014, 03:30 PM
I wish to come be a beggar for a higher tier than slacker backer. :p Seriously though like anyone else has said it would be amazing experience to get a peek behind the scene's of what is probably going to be my obsession for years to come once there is PVE content as well as tournaments to eat away my time. I have some college edumacation in game design but never took the aptitude test here for fear of disappointment I suppose.

halfwing
05-08-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm a computer science major, and love to design board/card games. What originally drove me to hex, was that I was actually wishing to make a similar game once I graduate, but they have done SO MUCH BETTER then anything I could have planned :P

However with the Apprentice program being a thing, I would love to work at Crypto on the game for a while, just to see all the back end code. I can't even begin to imagine how chaotic that code must be! Would be really neat to get a chance to poke around there a bit early.

Freebird_Falcon
05-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Colin, it hasn't even been a full day and there are already many great responses. I don't know how you make these decisions!

wurtil
05-08-2014, 05:07 PM
It is within my ability to travel to CZE if need be, so instead of writing my own I'll do as others and campaign for who I think should go. Honestly, it comes down to getting someone out there who can possibly use the trip for the betterment of HEX, which leaves either some of the prominent streamers that can help explain and work with CZE to figure out a way to help support streamers more consistantly (ne0 or Havoc come to mind) or someone who can do third party work that helps the community directly to work with CZE on how they can better synergize (Kroan is a prime example here with his app).

Jinuyr
05-08-2014, 06:27 PM
I would like to nominate Infam0usne0 to be able to fly out to Cryptozoic and meet the staff behind Hex. He's been a huge member of the community with his Twitch streams, interviews, tournaments, helpful guides to new players, everything you can think of, he's taken a bite out of it in order to make the game, and the community a lot better.

He's a true champion for Hex in my opinion and he deserves recognition for his efforts.

ZillahEnoch
05-09-2014, 12:00 AM
I love meeting new people. So I would love to go simply because the people at CZE seem to be amazing and I share a passion for Hex with them so it would probably be a great time. I don't think I'll ever have the chance to meet them though, living in Japan.

I also happen to think it would be terribly selfish of me to consider myself eligible for such a gift when I have so few to offer to the community in return.
Seriously, people like Kroan should get this, or Xenavire and co. if you manage to stretch that far,

Apart from all that, the one person I'd like to meet the most would probably be you, Colin, just so that I can solve the riddle of how you can be so generous with everybody. So if by chance you ever come to my little corner of the world, feel free to drop me a message ^^

mach
05-09-2014, 12:56 AM
I nominate GatticusFinch who is IMHO the most eloquent among CZE's critics at the moment. Here's why I think it would be a great idea for him to visit:

1. Many players have started to lose faith after what has happened recently. If CZE can convince one of their biggest critics, that will help convince the rest of them that things aren't so bad and will work out.

2. I want to know how well CZE can handle criticism. And I'm not talking about criticism on the internet which can easily be ignored; I'm talking about in-your-face criticism from someone who has some good points.

3. CZE inviting their biggest critic to come visit and even paying the way is a great news story. (Okay, Colin isn't technically part of CZE, but close enough.) You should be able to get some great publicity from this.

In summary, while many deserving candidates have explained why this trip would be great for them, I believe inviting GatticusFinch would be great for all of us.

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Ugh. Don't reward someone who flat out said they have no interest in improving hex. Even if he changes his mind, it sets a very bad precident. I'd rather see frychikn go to CZE, he at least has been constructive in his criticisms once. Maybe twice.

mach
05-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Ugh. Don't reward someone who flat out said they have no interest in improving hex. Even if he changes his mind, it sets a very bad precident. I'd rather see frychikn go to CZE, he at least has been constructive in his criticisms once. Maybe twice.

Got a link to where he said that? I'm sure I haven't read everything he's written, but in general I got the impression that his criticism was being done in good faith.

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 01:52 AM
It was in the tournaments are up thread, I asked something about being constructive, and he replied he wasn't here to help. He was here to air his grievances and has no desire to improve the state of the game. I basically stopped caring about his opinion at that point. If you're just on the forums to bitch, have at it. There are plenty of people who are upset because they want the game to be better, and they want to make it better as best they know how. I'm entirely for those discussions. I think frychikn is in that category. I may not agree with their methods, but I can understand them. People that are just here to sow discord out of some misguided sense of vengeance from past slights are just a waste of everyone's time.

ossuary
05-09-2014, 04:25 AM
Sending someone like Gatticus would be the worst possible idea. They don't deserve the time or attention it takes to respond to their whining, much less actually being rewarded for it. There are a number of complainers who are actually doing it because they want things to be better, and although they are negative, they are being so because they believe it will help. The majority of them, however, just want to scream as loudly as they can to make sure everyone knows how very very angry they are, to no other purpose than to please themselves. We don't need that.

Frankly, I understand Colin's idea about sending a negative nancy to CZE to see what it does to their opinion, but I don't think it should be done at the expense of an actual supporter who is behind CZE - it would be quite an insult to those of us who are here because we believe in them. If he were going to send TWO people, then I'd say hell yeah, go for it. But I don't think one of those abrasive, inconsiderate people should get a free trip over someone who's actually trying to be helpful.

Darkrose50
05-09-2014, 06:26 AM
I think it would be fun to come and see how the development process works. I have never been to California before. I would love to have the opportunity.

Dynimix
05-09-2014, 07:26 AM
I just want to say, this is an amazing offer! This right here really shows how dedicated and motivated by this game and this community that people really are. Truly makes this all special.

To explain why I would love to visit the HEX team, well, I have to go back several years. Starting at a young age, I began what has seemed to be a perpetual quest of searching for a game with a rich fantasy lore, beautiful artwork, and a community that I can get involved in at the ground level. I remember that Zelda was my first real draw. It was everything that I could want in a game, or so I thought. I played the various titles for several years and fell in love with the story. After a few years it hit me that there was not much advancement in the story and while the community was strong, there was very little to talk about with the community between games but plush Link dolls and Gannon action figures. So I moved on, though, I still buy them and get through the first couple of hours.

My next venture was Warcraft. I loved the original Warcraft games. Loved them! Then came the World of Warcraft and I of course jumped in at the time of Burning Crusade. The lore that Blizzard had put into the game was massive and the characters were full of personality. However, the community...I just never enjoyed and even though I played off and on, it just isn't my "it" game. Continuing my quest I went through several different titles and bounced to fantasy novels and tabletop gaming, went through the 38 Studios debacle and other mediums looking for a game and passionate community. I will make the note that this was not a quest for friends or the need to feel accepted, popular, or anything vain. I have those things in life so this is not some personal sob story about how bad my life is. :) I was looking for something that I could be passionate about and have the desire to study, enjoy, and collaborate with in my free time.

I remember when I first saw HEX. I was quite active on Kickstarter at the time (still am to a certain extent). I love the idea of not only supporting someone else's dream, but getting in on the ground floor of an innovation. Being apart of the community that is so passionate and excited about something new. I had backed several projects and while I love following most of them, none of them were the "it" game for me. So I continued my quest. The day I first saw the artwork for HEX popup in my Feedly stream was an exciting day. We have seen many Kickstarters with well-presented and beautiful artwork, but this looked better. My hopes shot up to the top floor immediately and then I saw the letters MMO. I love MMOs, but I always have had mixed feelings about MMOs being funded through Kickstarter. How good can an MMO truly be on Kickstarter budget?

But the artwork was so perfect, the name rang like a beautiful bell in my ear and I thought to myself, this could be very professionally done and enjoyable. I then noticed it was Cryptozoic who had worked on the Warcraft TCG (the Warcraft IP I am still fond of) and thought, these guys have their act together. As I continued to read, I stumbled across three other letters that made my heart sink. I had probably read them four times before, I really just hadn't noticed them, but instead of seeing RPG I saw TCG and my heart sunk. TCG. Ouch.

You see, I had dabbled with tabletop games in the past (part of my quest...) and a couple of the games I had obviously tried included the Warcraft TCG and unfortunately, Magic. Now, I know that many of the people here are MTG players, but I simply wasn't growing up and though I am a person with an overabundance of confidence, plenty o' outgoingness (not a word, I know), and a pretty high self esteem, this is a sticking area for me. Several years back I had the unfortunate opportunity to sit down with some people at a card shop and play a little magic. I deemed these people your A-typical nerds (nothing against them) which I simply wasn't. I lived for sports and women and this was just some hobby that I wanted to try because I enjoyed fantasy video games.

As we got into the games, I really struggled to learn the rules. Instead of taking the approach of lets help this guy out, I watched as they laughed and whispered at me. Words such as noob and rookie and "haha I can't believe you played that card, idiot", flooded the games I played in with various groups of people. It's not enough to come in intimidated (which is a feeling I have rarely felt in anything I have done in my life), but to have a community of such elitists on a casual gaming night, that knew your were just cutting your teeth on a game, treat you like that... The whole time I kept telling myself, Come meet me on the basketball court boys. I will show you what a noob really is. But I digress.

Again, not meant to be a sob story, just giving a little of my background and my hesitancy to jump into a TCG when I saw HEX. Now, I continued reading the page and came across the lore. I loved the idea of these shards or gems being scattered all over giving powers due to an incident called the Hex. I watched the video. I saw the passion that Corey and team had and fell in love with the funny, normal people that they seemed for guys and girls that were making a TCG. I then said to myself, give it a try. This could be the game.

I found the idea of the MMO mixed with a TCG intriguing. My quest was still not over, but there seemed to be something special here. I knew my biggest issue was going to be...I absolutely SUCK at TCGs and I was going to have to get over that, put my head down and learn how to play. I started reading the comments on the Kickstarter and noticed that people had a real passion for this idea. I saw the graphics of the game, read more of the lore, watched the live streams, and suddenly, fell in love. The problem that I had before still persisted. I don't have years of elite TCG experience and I just plain am highly less than adequate in this category.

Hesitantly, I stepped into alpha. For a while I would only play against the AI. At least a computer could not berate me for stupid moves. :) I finally took the dive and jumped in with another player in a little PvP. Instead of losing profoundly and having a guy criticize and laugh at my every move, he (or she) said stuff like, "hey, that is a good card", and "let me suggest X or Y" and "you can use that card in a different way". What had me nervous and intimidated, ended up instead being the 99% of the people in this community that are helpful, supportive, and want to see you grow!! What an impact that had. I played several more PvP battles throughout Alpha and now into Beta. I can't claim to be great. Hell, I am actually pretty terrible.

But let me tell you something, I love this community. I love this game. I love the lore. I love the excitement of the battles. I love the prospect of what is to come in all of it's MMO and community driven glory. I found my "it" game. The thing that I will spend a lot of my free time doing. The game that I get involved in on all levels. I have a convention that I am excited to potentially attend.

I still continue to cut my teeth and go outside my comfort zone. Last night I even jumped into a tourney and though I lost my first game, not terribly, and was bugged on my second game, Draftpunk (a great person by the way) and I joked the whole time as we played. He taught me things and didn't not treat me like a total idiot for the "noob" cards I played. I am sure that I did the whole draft wrong, but it was fun and it was a good experience.

So, 20 years later (only 29 now), my quest has ended. I have found a gaming community where I am happy and proud to be apart of. I have found lore that I can dive into and discuss. I have found a game that will keep me engaged and excited for years and years and years to come. And I am getting in on the ground floor, even as a non-TCG player. Home. I am finally home in the gaming world.

With that in mind, I would not want to steal the chance of a lifetime from someone who has dedicated their life to TCGs and Hex being the top of their gaming pedestal. However, it would be a real honor to meet the people and enjoy a few hours with those that have finally ended my 20 year journey of finding the "it" game. A guy that came from hating TCGs, for an obvious reason, to jumping in with both feet, plus the hands and heart into the most massive, exciting, and well presented TCG in existence and beyond that, making it his "it" game.

Sorry for the long post, but that is my answer to the question.

Dynimix (Blair)

ossuary
05-09-2014, 07:35 AM
^ winner, right there. Awesome post, man.

I love to see people passionate about the game. I feel the same way, like I've finally found the game I was always looking for, but didn't always know I was searching. :)

Yubar
05-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Colin = bomb.com

GatticusFinch
05-09-2014, 08:35 AM

It was in the tournaments are up thread, I asked something about being constructive, and he replied he wasn't here to help. He was here to air his grievances and has no desire to improve the state of the game. I basically stopped caring about his opinion at that point. If you're just on the forums to bitch, have at it. There are plenty of people who are upset because they want the game to be better, and they want to make it better as best they know how. I'm entirely for those discussions. I think frychikn is in that category. I may not agree with their methods, but I can understand them. People that are just here to sow discord out of some misguided sense of vengeance from past slights are just a waste of everyone's time.

Sending someone like Gatticus would be the worst possible idea. They don't deserve the time or attention it takes to respond to their whining, much less actually being rewarded for it. There are a number of complainers who are actually doing it because they want things to be better, and although they are negative, they are being so because they believe it will help. The majority of them, however, just want to scream as loudly as they can to make sure everyone knows how very very angry they are, to no other purpose than to please themselves. We don't need that.

Oh, yes, I'm the monster here, not you two persecuting people for thoughtcrime against Hex. How are things at the Hex Ministry of Truth? MALWARE IS GOODWARE, BETA IS ALPHA, UNSECURED CONNECTION IS SECURED! Complaints against the game set a "bad precedent!" In the end, Gwaer learned to love RussianBrides.net.

Yes, I am the bad guy, not the people attacking me in a thread I made no post in.

I said I wasn't here to help when you were telling me I "needed" to make positive comments only, which is pretty much the last thing needed. Unless CZE needs a new lawyer, I'm not sure how I am supposed to "help" them anyway, so your complaints against me just seem to be the usual ad hominem "let's see you make your own MMOTCG" fallacy that gets thrown around here and the usual attempt to silence dissent. CZE is not above or beyond being criticized, and, if you dislike that criticism so much, perhaps you should realize that you are only making it worse by jumping down the throat of everyone who raises a complaint. If I hated the game as much as you think I did, I wouldn't have played two drafts last night. If anything, I like this game more than you two do because I am upset when I see harm being done to it.

In any event, thanks for the suggestion mach, but I respectfully decline. If CZE wants to do some questions and answers, I'd be all for that and I think the community has earned it, but I don't need Colin's money if I really wanted to go out there (I also think this entire idea of a fan paying someone to fly out to meet a game creator because they have concerns about the game, while noble, is patently absurd). Let someone else who might not be able to afford it go.

Revoluketion
05-09-2014, 11:22 AM
I would love to visit CZE for many reasons! I've never been as dedicated to a game as this one, and to be able to meet up with the team or some of the team would be amazing..I started streaming this game last month and it has been the most amazing experience I have had to date. There is nothing more in the world I would like to do than to be able to become a part of this game in any way possible. I think being able to go out and meet the team would be an amazing experience that could help me get to know the development team and further help me gain connections to better my stream and bring the best content I could possibly bring! It's my dream to make a living streaming games..and Hex is my love. This is probably a long shot but I'll do whatever it takes to reach my dream of entertaining! Thanks for this possible opportunity!

The_Lannisters
05-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Thanks a lot for this Colin and gratz to the lucky chosen :-)

I'm a new player to TCGs and live in London, also only a slacker backer! Too many points against my chances.

Anyway I'd love to go to California and have a blast meeting you all and seeing where all the magic happens. Heck, if I'm not hand picked I'd be happy drafting anyway :-)

Edit. and ... I'm a Lannister, I'll pay my debts :-)

Floru
05-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Hey Colin, Thank you so much for offering this to someone! I think this is really cool . :)

Going down to California would be really amazing. I would rather enjoy talking to you and the other CZE employees and see about making a good article about CZE and truly, their passion on and about HEX... and what is in-store for the other players (for whatever can be shared.) I would visit so that I could attempt to give an open view about CZE and Hex. I know, there are some posts from those who post the majority of good and bad about HEX and I would try to ask questions from both sides and have employees reply to them as they can.

Even with my question I messaged you Colin.

But in all fairness, whoever goes, congrats to you!

hex_colin
05-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Hey Colin, Thank you so much for offering this to someone! I think this is really cool . :)

Going down to California would be really amazing. I would rather enjoy talking to you and the other CZE employees and see about making a good article about CZE and truly, their passion on and about HEX... and what is in-store for the other players (for whatever can be shared.) I would visit so that I could attempt to give an open view about CZE and Hex. I know, there are some posts from those who post the majority of good and bad about HEX and I would try to ask questions from both sides and have employees reply to them as they can.

Even with my question I messaged you Colin.

But in all fairness, whoever goes, congrats to you!

Thanks for the kind words.

To be completely transparent... I don't work for CZE/HEX. My name on the boards was fine previously, but might be a bit confusing with the switch to the HEX***** usernames for the HEX staff folks. Don't really want to change it, but it might be prudent.

infam0usne0
05-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Hey Colin.

I would like to visit cryptozoic for many reasons obviously the personal enjoyment, getting to see an inside look at everything and get some insider knowledge.
But really the main reason i'd like to do it, looking through my streamer and youtubeer goggles is to get some really sweet content. I can't really help but look at everything through the eyes of the people who view my content now.
I can make some daily Vlogs and get some more in depth interviews with members of the team about their own respective portions of the game like what is to come and their own experiences. You may only be able to send one person on this little adventure but hopefully i could take everyone with me too by documenting my trip out there!
I have a bunch of ideas i would like to share with cryptozoic when it comes to supporting fansites and streaming, it's something i've researched a lot so maybe they could learn something from me too ;)
Pretty much a once in a lifetime opportunity for me as coming from the UK it's not something i'm ever going to be able to do that often.
Good luck everyone!

GPrime
05-10-2014, 12:55 AM
You may only be able to send one person on this little adventure but hopefully i could take everyone with me too by documenting my trip out there!

I feel the same, but of course one could only show what CZE will allow--NDAs and all.

I will say though, if it couldn't be me, I'd want ne0 to go.

hex_colin
05-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Great entries so far! Keep 'em coming... :)

ThomasHunter
05-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Wow, this is a wonderful and generous opportunity. This is certainly a HUGE question with really, a whole lot of answers. Here are merely a few:

• First, this would simply be, an awesome time! What a fun jaunt from the Midwest to the West Coast!

• Fun time? Nay, it isn’t even that simple. Away! I’ve not been “away” for “fun” in many years – either by myself or even with my wife (not a sob story, just life). In fact, thinking back, it was 8 years ago that we had a weekend getaway. With our kids now self-sufficient, “away” is hopefully happening more often. What a wonderful start!

• I am incredibly intrigued and energized by the gaming industry. For example, I have followed everything Magic-related for (about) 18 years. I have loved reading Maro’s articles every week. The insight is amazing (and yes, I’m getting to a point here!). I am so in awe of the PASSION that surrounds a company like WoTC and now CZE. I have worked for one company for 24 years (a feat in and of itself), but corporate America has worn my soul thin. I want to SEE the passion at a work environment. I want to FEEL that passion (if for only an evening). Seeing a company like CZE be so generous with their patrons gives me hope that companies can be smart, profitable (hopefully), and awesome to people. The very fact that they have a game night where folks can visit and play games is so amazing to me! Yes, I want to be part of this – even for a short period of time!

• Game? Oh yeah! Bring it on! I love to play games! I love hanging with gamers. This would be such a fantastic adventure! It would be remembered for however many years remain to me on this earth!

• Gosh, the prospect of meeting (and possibly game with) Cory would be a great reason all by itself. Piled on top of the rest of these answers, it’s simply the dessert toping!

• Finally, given that this is such an enormous and generous gift, I would feel that it would be right and good to figure out some way to give back (in at least some small way) to the community. Given that I am really excited about PVE, maybe I could glean some questions and inquiries from the community at large and see what I could bring up to the CZE team! I would share any insights and news that I was allowed to share. I know how much I loved reading tournament reports back in the day, so I would finish the whole trip with an article of some sort (I’m not much of a writer, but would come up with a briefing from the Adventure!). This wouldn’t be to brag, but to simply give back and allow others to see what happens at Hex HQ!

Thanks again for the wonderful opportunity Colin! You have been a real boon to the Hex community. Maybe we’ll meet up in-game if not in-person!

Happy gaming!
Taleisin

(PS - After copying this in, it isn't formatting as nice as it should. My apologies).

esaotuelr
05-11-2014, 06:43 PM
Well, I'm a miserable PHD student who doesn't have much excitement in life for quite a while now. I've spend all I can spare to back the game on day 1 because I love card games (and MMOs). It will be great if I could visit CA to meet the HEX team as I've always wanted to be a game designer, but growing up in a traditional an Asian family put me on the path of science instead.
I don't have any impressive credentials when it comes to gaming, but being multilingual has helped me sample a lot more different card games.
I would love to have a chat with anyone on the team to understand the process in designing a card game and to have a insight on a possible life I could've have :).

Lastly, good luck to everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Kramer
05-11-2014, 07:33 PM
I would love to go to CZE headquarters so I can convince them in person to sell me a Grand King for $1,000 since it was sold out when I bought my Dungeon Crawler. I also could provide a great deal of input since I play most of the popular Digital Card Games today and have learned the advantages and disadvantages of all of them. I play Might and Magic Duel of Champions, Hearthstone, Shadow Era, and Solforge and I have complete playsets of all of them for testing decks.

Back in the day I use to play Magic the Gathering and was ranked in the top 25 in both Legends of the Five Rings (L5R) and Decipher's Star Wars. Eventually I stopped playing competitively when asked to be a playtester for Star Wars and L5R.

Best of Luck to All. I love these type of contests and think its great for the community.

wolzarg
05-13-2014, 02:30 AM
I wish this had a second prize 15 minute skype talk with cory that would be a prize that was almost as amazing to me as the trip.

EntropyBall
05-13-2014, 08:30 AM
While there are surely some deserving applicants in this thread, I would like nominate "anyone who will generate some press for Hex". Cory has mentioned that they didn't leave much (any) marketing budget for Hex, so getting a reviewer out there to visit and see the game (and not just what is in the client, but what is in the pipe) could be pretty awesome for the future of the game. As much as many of us would like to visit CZE, I bet most of us would sacrifice that to see Hex explode in popularity. Not sure how CZE would feel about this, but I'm sure you could just ask them. I'm not sure who would be a good person to go out there, but I wanted to throw this suggestion out anyway.

Mokog
05-13-2014, 09:16 PM
I want to look my dealer in the face, have my steel blue eyes bore deep into his own and tell him face to face, "You took my dreams of TCGs and made them a reality. You turned it into an MMO so I could play with my friends. You suckered me into drafts and showed me my one true drug. You "insert HexTCG member" are my Heisenberg. Do you want a hug?"

Then I give them a bone crushing bear hug only gentler so not to crush bones.

Rinse, lather, repeat until asked to stop.

Gwaer
05-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I'll be your Hisenberg, Mokog.

Emberquick
05-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Wow, Colin—this is really generous of you!

I read the forums here a lot, but don’t really post . . . seems like a good group of folks here, though.

I’ve been an avid TCG player for twenty years (bought my first Magic cards straight from WotC at Gen Con the year the game came out), and would love to game with the Cryptozoic crew—but I’d rather toss my hat in the ring for my son to go instead.

He just turned 18 this year and is graduating high school in a couple weeks. I used Magic cards to help him with his reading and math skills when he was little, and it turned into a great way to spend time together. We play all sorts of board games and video games together, but Magic has always been special to both of us.

In a way, the HEX Kickstarter came along at just the right time last year--his grandmother passed away from Alzheimer’s a few days before it started. The two of them were pretty close, and it was a rough time for all of us. Following the daily progress of the Kickstarter together was a great distraction. He surprised me and used his own savings to become a Pro Player, getting in on it just a day or two before they all went away!

We both love tweaking the rules to our favorite games. I’ve dabbled in designing my own, but I think I’m much too far down my chosen career path to ever try my hand at it professionally. My son, though—I think he’d really get a lot out of visiting Cory and the other CZE folks. People have said to him that most of the time there is no money in artistic, creative pursuits, but I keep telling him that doing something you truly love for a living can be so fulfilling in its own right. And despite what others might think, you CAN make a living as a game designer!

Anyhow, we’re both really digging HEX so far. We each tried our first draft earlier tonight after the servers came back up, and it was great (he did much better than I did and actually won a few packs). I think seeing the place where the “magic” happens would be an amazing opportunity, and it might just nudge him towards a career path that he didn’t think was really possible.

(He doesn't know I’m entering your giveaway for him, by the way—I figured it was worth a shot, and it would be a hell of a surprise if he was picked.)

Thanks for doing this, Colin—I’m sure whoever ends up going will love it!

Nosferatu
05-14-2014, 03:56 AM
Hi, Colin! I’m a project manager in indie board games developers team.

You can ask me “why you so special to come to CZE office?”. The answer is easy, I’m from Russia! :) In Russia every step what you do to make your board game is special.

For example, when you may start to find any company, that ready to invest into your project you will find nobody, because nobody want to invest in “painted pieces of a cardboard”. In US and Europe you have kickstarter where you can (and you did :)) find some quantity of investors, but in Russia you do not have it. We have some analogs, but it not so popular like KS and board game projects cannot reach the goal there.

When you occupied with search of printing house, you understand, that in a country with more than 140 millions of population there are just a few printing houses specialized on board game printing. And only one of them has acceptable quality.

When you are trying to relax and just test some mechanics your hand bears start disturbing you and asking for a new portion of carrots mixed with meat of a wild hedgehog (don't ask why they love it, I don't know :)).

There are many more obstacles on our way, some more funny, some more serious. And we beat them regularly.

Probably I grumble and exaggerate in some moments, but to make board games in Russia is a real challenge. We accepted this challenge and we look for ways to achieve our target.

The main reason why I should meet with HEX folks is the experience exchange. There is so many things that I could learn from you and also I can share my russian experience with you. I think that this incredible visit will help my team and will give us an inspiration to make great games which probably can later be localized even in US.

So, what would you say? :)

P.S. This is my first message because I’ve been in “read only” mode and now feel that this is a good moment to start posting here.

maniza
05-14-2014, 09:33 AM
first off let me start by saying wow!!

and with that out of the way i have to say im a big hex fan, and also a hardcore gamer for the last 20 years. i know my way around all types of games from board games to online mmos. i was also on the top 10 mtg players here in costa rica ages ago, and i have played around whit most the dccgs around at the moment, so i know how to play this types of games.

whats kind of sad is that most people i know think i have been wasting my time for all these years, i on the other hand think i have amassed a huge amount of knowledge on the field of videogames (what makes them fun and what makes them great). so if you want input from someone who has a passion for gaming and a passion for hex i would be honored to give my humble opinions.

pve has me intrested from the beggining and the thought of trying it out and helping improve it sounds amazing. pvp i have much less experience in but i shure can think of a few staple cards i would like to ask about. overall i would be glad to be picked not for the trip but for the idea that i think i can help hex become an even better game than it already is.

Tarngold
05-14-2014, 12:51 PM
I would love to win this for a few reasons:

1. I'm a developer taking a course in college with an eye on mobile and web markets, games included, so talking with the team would be a dream come true to ask all the little questions ive always wanted to ask for my own development.
2. I've played Overpower, Animayhem, Yugioh, Pokemon, Star Trek, Hearthstone and Magic the Gathering (since Ice Age) and I'm super interested in talking about CCG game mechanics and visual appeal as it relates.
3. Even though my focus is on programming, i would love to talk about other types of things, the art, how most of you guys got started, im a sponge just waiting to be filled with knowledge and this seems like a great opportunity to get to know you guys.

Please let me join you in CA, you wont regret it!

blakegrandon
05-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Shrugs, what the heck, I'll throw my hat in the ring because what's the worst that could happen, you not pick me?

I have my love-hate relationship with Cryptozoic in that I really like the potential of Hex but I have this nagging feeling that the sponsorpay was a really really bad move. I also wasn't a huge fan of the ratio of their WOW TCG "loot cards", but I am guessing that Blizzard set the rarity when it came to the drop rates.

I guess I'm neither a fanboy nor am I a hater when it comes to my view of Cryptozoic. I do believe that for the most part Cryptozoic has put the fans first when it came to the kickstarter and the rewards, it would be awesome to meet the team behind Hex as it blends everything I like about gaming for the most part(except for the FPS, where is the FPS part of the industry guys?!).

I grew up(literally) in a gaming store so I was always torn between playing RPGs and TCG's and it seemed like an eternal struggle between the two when it came to what to play and what to study. I used to think I would become a pen and paper game designer but that ship sailed a long time ago.

I kind of don't want to get picked because then it would destroy my imagination which is that the Cryptozoic lair is filled with Ak 47's, gold bars lying around, and Russian brides waiting to be mailed out. If I'm proven right then the odds of me leaving alive seem slim, unless it involves me getting one of those Hydra eye implants so that they can control my every move.

If I do get picked I could probably kill two birds with one stone and visit the creators of one of my other favorite kickstarters the Bacon Jerky...(Which I would have a copious supply of because I became a retailer for them) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/269436397/bacon-jerky-by-banzai-jerky

If you don't pick me you clearly hate bacon and thus we wouldn't be able to get along anyways.

hex_colin
05-15-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm pretty surprised there aren't more entries. Such is life... Better chance for the folks who did enter.

Anyway, the deadline is tonight - midnight PDT! :)

fido_one
05-15-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm pretty surprised there aren't more entries. Such is life... Better chance for the folks who did enter.

Anyway, the deadline is tonight - midnight PDT! :)

Colin, I think many of us (including myself) are in awe of this contest but have too many things going on in life to be able to get out to CA and back. I'm enjoying watching other people participate.

Awesome stuff!

Marsden
05-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Colin, I think many of us (including myself) are in awe of this contest but have too many things going on in life to be able to get out to CA and back. I'm enjoying watching other people participate.

Yeah, exactly that. I think it's an insanely great thing to do and a great prize, but 1 - I could probably afford to do it myself if I wanted, and so it should go to someone without that ability to do so and 2 - as fido_one says, I don't really have the time to do it right now. But I'd love to if I did!

Gwaer
05-15-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm ineligible since Cory took out that restraining order...

ILUCHJ. <3.

AswanJaguar
05-15-2014, 10:08 PM
ILUCHJ. <3.

I love you Cory hand job? I can see why the restraining order is in place. :rolleyes:

Gwaer
05-15-2014, 10:11 PM
^ I lol'd.

DreamPuppet
05-15-2014, 10:40 PM
You're a good man Colin.

I'm not worthy of anything, but i wanted to post in here to tell you how amazing this is and wish everyone who enters good luck.

hex_colin
05-16-2014, 12:11 AM
OK, entries closed... I'll sort through the entries in the morning... :)

Cernz
05-16-2014, 12:14 AM
i propose to invite the ceo from wotc to visit cze ;)

Makos
05-16-2014, 04:41 AM
^ haha, that is a good one! :D

hex_colin
05-17-2014, 07:52 PM
So, this was an incredibly hard decision. And, as usual, I couldn't decide on just 1 winner... So, 2 lucky folks are headed to SoCal...

Congratulations to the winners!!!

The first is Infam0usne0. Notwithstanding the posts from other people saying that he should win, he also got a lot of private votes too. He's a true asset to our community and he'll represent you all well at CZE headquarters.

The second is Blair (Dynimix). Here's his post:

I just want to say, this is an amazing offer! This right here really shows how dedicated and motivated by this game and this community that people really are. Truly makes this all special.

To explain why I would love to visit the HEX team, well, I have to go back several years. Starting at a young age, I began what has seemed to be a perpetual quest of searching for a game with a rich fantasy lore, beautiful artwork, and a community that I can get involved in at the ground level. I remember that Zelda was my first real draw. It was everything that I could want in a game, or so I thought. I played the various titles for several years and fell in love with the story. After a few years it hit me that there was not much advancement in the story and while the community was strong, there was very little to talk about with the community between games but plush Link dolls and Gannon action figures. So I moved on, though, I still buy them and get through the first couple of hours.

My next venture was Warcraft. I loved the original Warcraft games. Loved them! Then came the World of Warcraft and I of course jumped in at the time of Burning Crusade. The lore that Blizzard had put into the game was massive and the characters were full of personality. However, the community...I just never enjoyed and even though I played off and on, it just isn't my "it" game. Continuing my quest I went through several different titles and bounced to fantasy novels and tabletop gaming, went through the 38 Studios debacle and other mediums looking for a game and passionate community. I will make the note that this was not a quest for friends or the need to feel accepted, popular, or anything vain. I have those things in life so this is not some personal sob story about how bad my life is. :) I was looking for something that I could be passionate about and have the desire to study, enjoy, and collaborate with in my free time.

I remember when I first saw HEX. I was quite active on Kickstarter at the time (still am to a certain extent). I love the idea of not only supporting someone else's dream, but getting in on the ground floor of an innovation. Being apart of the community that is so passionate and excited about something new. I had backed several projects and while I love following most of them, none of them were the "it" game for me. So I continued my quest. The day I first saw the artwork for HEX popup in my Feedly stream was an exciting day. We have seen many Kickstarters with well-presented and beautiful artwork, but this looked better. My hopes shot up to the top floor immediately and then I saw the letters MMO. I love MMOs, but I always have had mixed feelings about MMOs being funded through Kickstarter. How good can an MMO truly be on Kickstarter budget?

But the artwork was so perfect, the name rang like a beautiful bell in my ear and I thought to myself, this could be very professionally done and enjoyable. I then noticed it was Cryptozoic who had worked on the Warcraft TCG (the Warcraft IP I am still fond of) and thought, these guys have their act together. As I continued to read, I stumbled across three other letters that made my heart sink. I had probably read them four times before, I really just hadn't noticed them, but instead of seeing RPG I saw TCG and my heart sunk. TCG. Ouch.

You see, I had dabbled with tabletop games in the past (part of my quest...) and a couple of the games I had obviously tried included the Warcraft TCG and unfortunately, Magic. Now, I know that many of the people here are MTG players, but I simply wasn't growing up and though I am a person with an overabundance of confidence, plenty o' outgoingness (not a word, I know), and a pretty high self esteem, this is a sticking area for me. Several years back I had the unfortunate opportunity to sit down with some people at a card shop and play a little magic. I deemed these people your A-typical nerds (nothing against them) which I simply wasn't. I lived for sports and women and this was just some hobby that I wanted to try because I enjoyed fantasy video games.

As we got into the games, I really struggled to learn the rules. Instead of taking the approach of lets help this guy out, I watched as they laughed and whispered at me. Words such as noob and rookie and "haha I can't believe you played that card, idiot", flooded the games I played in with various groups of people. It's not enough to come in intimidated (which is a feeling I have rarely felt in anything I have done in my life), but to have a community of such elitists on a casual gaming night, that knew your were just cutting your teeth on a game, treat you like that... The whole time I kept telling myself, Come meet me on the basketball court boys. I will show you what a noob really is. But I digress.

Again, not meant to be a sob story, just giving a little of my background and my hesitancy to jump into a TCG when I saw HEX. Now, I continued reading the page and came across the lore. I loved the idea of these shards or gems being scattered all over giving powers due to an incident called the Hex. I watched the video. I saw the passion that Corey and team had and fell in love with the funny, normal people that they seemed for guys and girls that were making a TCG. I then said to myself, give it a try. This could be the game.

I found the idea of the MMO mixed with a TCG intriguing. My quest was still not over, but there seemed to be something special here. I knew my biggest issue was going to be...I absolutely SUCK at TCGs and I was going to have to get over that, put my head down and learn how to play. I started reading the comments on the Kickstarter and noticed that people had a real passion for this idea. I saw the graphics of the game, read more of the lore, watched the live streams, and suddenly, fell in love. The problem that I had before still persisted. I don't have years of elite TCG experience and I just plain am highly less than adequate in this category.

Hesitantly, I stepped into alpha. For a while I would only play against the AI. At least a computer could not berate me for stupid moves. :) I finally took the dive and jumped in with another player in a little PvP. Instead of losing profoundly and having a guy criticize and laugh at my every move, he (or she) said stuff like, "hey, that is a good card", and "let me suggest X or Y" and "you can use that card in a different way". What had me nervous and intimidated, ended up instead being the 99% of the people in this community that are helpful, supportive, and want to see you grow!! What an impact that had. I played several more PvP battles throughout Alpha and now into Beta. I can't claim to be great. Hell, I am actually pretty terrible.

But let me tell you something, I love this community. I love this game. I love the lore. I love the excitement of the battles. I love the prospect of what is to come in all of it's MMO and community driven glory. I found my "it" game. The thing that I will spend a lot of my free time doing. The game that I get involved in on all levels. I have a convention that I am excited to potentially attend.

I still continue to cut my teeth and go outside my comfort zone. Last night I even jumped into a tourney and though I lost my first game, not terribly, and was bugged on my second game, Draftpunk (a great person by the way) and I joked the whole time as we played. He taught me things and didn't not treat me like a total idiot for the "noob" cards I played. I am sure that I did the whole draft wrong, but it was fun and it was a good experience.

So, 20 years later (only 29 now), my quest has ended. I have found a gaming community where I am happy and proud to be apart of. I have found lore that I can dive into and discuss. I have found a game that will keep me engaged and excited for years and years and years to come. And I am getting in on the ground floor, even as a non-TCG player. Home. I am finally home in the gaming world.

With that in mind, I would not want to steal the chance of a lifetime from someone who has dedicated their life to TCGs and Hex being the top of their gaming pedestal. However, it would be a real honor to meet the people and enjoy a few hours with those that have finally ended my 20 year journey of finding the "it" game. A guy that came from hating TCGs, for an obvious reason, to jumping in with both feet, plus the hands and heart into the most massive, exciting, and well presented TCG in existence and beyond that, making it his "it" game.

Sorry for the long post, but that is my answer to the question.

Dynimix (Blair)

I'll be in touch with you both sometime this week to start working out logistics.

Finally, thank you to everyone who shared their reasons! :)

ossuary
05-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Rockin'. Good choices. Congrats to both winners! :)

Take lots of pictures and video, guys... we're gonna grill you. :)

Dynimix
05-17-2014, 08:18 PM
I don't even know what to say. I am in complete shock!! Colin, thank you. A million times thank you. On the verge of happy tears.

AdamAoE2
05-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Congratulations to the winners; I know ne0 and Dynimix will be great representations of our community!

And colin - Thanks again for all you do. Your ability to foster camaraderie and goodwill in the community is admirable. (And needed more then ever in this challenging time) Keep doing what you do and I know Hex will have the tightest, most well-knit community in gaming.

Dynimix
05-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Sorry for the double post first of all. Did not want to edit my original post as it was the raw emotion. Not that I am more composed...

I want to thank Colin from the bottom of my heart. This is an amazing opportunity and just to have been considered means a lot. I literally jumped up and down and the eyes welled up plenty. Again, Colin, you will be making a dream come true and I will certainly not let the community down.

In complete awe at the generosity....

Gwaer
05-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Dynimix, I am overjoyed just for your happiness and visceral emotion. I've had quite an emotional week and it is so thrilling to have just been a minor trollish part of this thread. Thank you Colin, you really do make this community a positive and awesome experience to be a part of. You've been such an incredible font of positive energy for our community as a whole I cannot begin to imagine what these forums might look like without your efforts.

I hope you both have a great time, and Ne0 don't spend all your money out on the town in Cali, you need to save up for gencon in a couple months.

AswanJaguar
05-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Congrats to ne0 and Dynimix, be sure to take pictures and give us a post trip report. Have fun!

infam0usne0
05-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Thank you kind sir!, this is awesome! as if sending one of us wasn't generous enough XD

I will do all i can to share as much of the trip with you guys as possible!

A lot of firsts for me here, first time on a plane, first time out of the UK gonna be crazy cool!
You're the man colin, hopefully some of you guys can come up to the offices while i'm out there.

Kroan
05-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Congratz winners with this amazing prize! Hope you have a womderfull time in the states. Thanks colin for the opportunity and being so generous

Not gonna lie, kinda sad. :(

Miyordon
05-18-2014, 12:34 AM
You're the man colin, hopefully some of you guys can come up to the offices while i'm out there.

I second this. If you guys can/want to, make sure the date is known. Some people might like to say hi!

ALSO! Colin, you are a generous, awesome dude.

PopEye
05-18-2014, 01:34 AM
Really glad you choose a streamer (go ne0! congrats!), this way we will all be able to be there, for the better of the community.
i applaud you for the giveaway like the rest of the people here, good stuff. (smart too).

Cirouss
05-18-2014, 01:51 AM
Congratulations to dynamics and neo :) As kroan said, can't lie here that I am kinda sad as well, but anyway congrats to the winner and thanks for the giveaway collin! :)

maniza
05-19-2014, 12:44 PM
gratz to the winners, neo plz stream!

ThomasHunter
05-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Fantastic and congratulations to both winners! Colin, you're generosity is quite overwhelming! This is fun news in the midst of a tough few Hex days.

shadealpha
05-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Colin you are a freaking rockstar :)
And grats to the winners.

Rezna
05-20-2014, 05:58 AM
Congrats guys. Have fun. =)

Makos
05-20-2014, 07:31 AM
congratulations guys! it feels good knowing there are still quite a few good-hearted people in the world ^^ like colin

EntropyBall
05-20-2014, 07:58 AM
Congrats to you guys. Thanks again to Colin for putting on contests like these.

Dynimix
05-20-2014, 10:05 AM
I second this. If you guys can/want to, make sure the date is known. Some people might like to say hi!

I will certainly post the date that I will be out there. Would love to meet some fellow fans of the game!