PDA

View Full Version : Hex Client causing my laptop to crash

Nade091
05-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I am, for the most part, unable to play any actual games of Hex; after trying over a dozen times I've gotten two full games completed against the AI. Most of the time after around turn 5 or so my computer either slows to a crawl (the audio and gameplay seems to be running at less than 5 frames a second) or freezes completely. I have had the same stutter happen on the initial intro (before being able to log in) since I downloaded the client though it has recently been playing fairly smoothly. I ran the repair option and it appears none of the files are broken.
I am playing on a Dell XPS L702X laptop with the following specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz
Nvidia GeForce GT 550m version 335.23
8 GB RAM

To my understanding Hex isn't supposed to be that much of a demanding game for one's system, and even thought my graphics card is rather lacking, I am able to play any other game on my computer for extended periods of time without any difficulty, albeit at lowered settings.
I have also heard, based on some similar issues others have had, that a memory leak is a possible cause, but I have no idea how to be able to tell or fix such an issue.

Also, as a relevant aside, is Hex going to employ any options to turn down graphical settings/effects in the final version of the game? If it does just end up being my card or I can't fix any leaks, being able to crank down the settings may help.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.