PDA

View Full Version : Draft tournament rush!

maniza
05-08-2014, 08:39 PM
this beta drafts are so much better than alpha. the game and tournament interface is much more polished now.

joined a queue, game started less than a minute later. im guessing alot of drafting is goin on.

the rush of "playing for keeps" makes the drafting desitions and the games so much more exiting. i ended up picking a rare because i wanted it for my colection but i still managed to win the draft.

best experience in a digital cg hands down. keep it up cze!

israel.kendall
05-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Word.

Redbeastmage
05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Can't agree more. I really want to stay up and run back another draft but i've got a 16 hour work day + final exam tomorrow. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL.

Damascus
05-09-2014, 12:07 AM
finals are all over for me, which means things are now totally on

Furo
05-09-2014, 01:10 AM
Hey, just won my first draft so here is a quick question:

Will the winner always get a primal pack on top of the 5 normal booster? Didn`t see it in the reward tab before so was really happy when I got the extra pack

Eierdotter
05-09-2014, 01:29 AM
your primal was a proc from these 5 boosters you won. nice!

nickon
05-09-2014, 01:30 AM

Will the winner always get a primal pack on top of the 5 normal booster? Didn`t see it in the reward tab before so was really happy when I got the extra pack

I think you just got lucky :) Every pack you earn (either through buying, winning a tournament, kickstarter reward,...) has a chance of generating an additional primal pack for you.

So congratz! Because chances are quite slim that you receive such an additional primal pack (I think it is ~2% chance as speculated on different threads here on the forums)

Chiany
05-09-2014, 01:31 AM

No, that's not standard.

Everytime you buy/win a booster from Cryptozoic, you have a 2% chance (not a precise number) to get an additional Primal pack.

Furo
05-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Ah thanks a lot guys, very nice :)

maniza
05-09-2014, 07:07 AM
now that is good luck.

Poetic
05-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Getting tournaments up was definitely what the game needed with how bad morale was turning within the community.

Dynimix
05-09-2014, 08:03 AM
I played my first draft last night. It truly was a thrill!!

ThomasHunter
05-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner (for the winner of the tournament AND the Primal Pack!) - Awesome!

maniza
05-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Getting tournaments up was definitely what the game needed with how bad morale was turning within the community.

well there are alot of whiners in forums for most games i have played. its life you just have to make shure it does not bring your enjoyment of the game down

Damascus
05-09-2014, 11:33 AM
has anyone gotten a primal pack generated from a draft ticket yet? curious if it works/is implemented

Xexist
05-09-2014, 11:49 AM

There are still lots of complainers around, luckily I am too busy drafting now to read them :)

hex_colin
05-09-2014, 11:52 AM
has anyone gotten a primal pack generated from a draft ticket yet? curious if it works/is implemented

Yes, I have.

I drafted for 16 hours straight, on 2 computers at one point. :)

Svenn
05-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Yes, I have.

I drafted for 16 hours straight, on 2 computers at one point. :)
Are you sure on this? We were told that the 3 Draft boosters from a tournament ticket were not eligible to spawn a primal. Was this primal from winnings or from the 3 boosters included in the Draft from a Draft ticket?

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 11:59 AM
When were you told that? They specifically changed the way primals work, and made them in addition to packs rather than a replacement of packs just so they would work more intuitively with draft tickets. Which I am still against btw, but it's how things are now =P

maniza
05-09-2014, 12:00 PM
is it from the tournament packs or from the rewards packs that primals are generated?

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 12:02 PM
If you use a free draft ticket, 3 packs are generated when you enter the draft, those three packs have the chance to spawn a primal pack as normal the second they are generated, and will give you a chest into your inventory as soon as they are opened in the draft.

Then if you win any packs in a tournament, those winnings also have the chance to spawn a primal pack when they go into your inventory, and will drop a chest whenever they are opened

Svenn
05-09-2014, 12:07 PM
When were you told that? They specifically changed the way primals work, and made them in addition to packs rather than a replacement of packs just so they would work more intuitively with draft tickets. Which I am still against btw, but it's how things are now =P
From Chark (here http://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/24ce00/primals_and_draft/ ):

When you enter a draft with 3 packs and 100 plat, you don't spawn any primal packs (because you already had a chance when you bought the 3 packs to enter).
When you enter a draft with 700 plat (not yet implemented), you will have a chance to spawn primal packs with the 3 packs that you 'bought'
When you get packs as prizes, you have a chance to spawn Primal Packs
When you enter a draft with a draft ticket, you don't have a chance to spawn primal packs. We feel they already offer enough of a value. Once people burn through the KS reward draft tickets the only ones that exist in the system will be the free draft for life + any sort of customer service recovery tickets.

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Yes, he is not talking about using a draft ticket, he is talking about using 3 packs you already had. You spawn primals when the packs are created not when they are opened. you get chests when they are opened.

Svenn
05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Yes, he is not talking about using a draft ticket, he is talking about using 3 packs you already had. You spawn primals when the packs are created not when they are opened.

Read the last bullet point. I highlighted it. :-P Specifically says that using a DRAFT TICKET you cannot spawn primal packs.

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 12:24 PM
You're right! That's awesome if it's true! That was what I was arguing for weeks ago! =P

Vorpal
05-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Is there any estimation of when/if you'll be able to choose to use packs and plats over draft tickets?

fido_one
05-09-2014, 04:30 PM
So, I'm curious, especially after the update today: can anyone from CZE give us insight to how many drafts that first night and/or how many drafts up until the here and now?

Svenn
05-09-2014, 04:38 PM
So, I'm curious, especially after the update today: can anyone from CZE give us insight to how many drafts that first night and/or how many drafts up until the here and now?
Well, all the drafts are numbered... I assume if you knew the first draft number that went up yesterday you could figure it out pretty easy.

hex_colin
05-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Is there any estimation of when/if you'll be able to choose to use packs and plats over draft tickets?

No plans to do that as far as I'm aware. They want to get the tickets used up. Not sure why you'd want to keep a more limited currency over a more fluid one.

The draft number will probably give you a lot of information. ;)

Saqcat
05-09-2014, 05:03 PM

500 drafts aprox.

fido_one
05-09-2014, 05:47 PM
500 drafts aprox.

Ah yeah, you're all right, draft numbers - will be great to see how many people are drafting over the next week.

Saqcat, given your number here, am I to read that the drafts started at approximately 10350? We are at 10835 at the moment of this post.

Rendakor
05-09-2014, 05:53 PM
No plans to do that as far as I'm aware. They want to get the tickets used up. Not sure why you'd want to keep a more limited currency over a more fluid one.
Some of us hoped to hold those tickets for Set 2+, when we don't have a zillion packs.

Xenavire
05-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Ah yeah, you're all right, draft numbers - will be great to see how many people are drafting over the next week.

Saqcat, given your number here, am I to read that the drafts started at approximately 10350? We are at 10835 at the moment of this post.

Yeah, the second draft I did yesterday was already 10359. So its been about 500 in that amount of time... That is insane.

YourOpponent
05-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Some of us hoped to hold those tickets for Set 2+, when we don't have a zillion packs.

I'm too lazy to go around looking for where it was said (I'm not Shadow_Elf) but the draft tickets you get from set 1 I am pretty sure they said could only be used for set 1 and the ones from set 2 only used for set 2 and so forth.

Vorpal
05-09-2014, 08:50 PM
So far I'm pretty disappointed in draft.

Sapphire/x fliers are ludicrously overpowered, blood control is ludicrously overpowered, when you're up against sapphire/blood fliers when they have multiple murders, cloud titans, corpse flies, inquisitions, and a vampire king, is just idiotic.

Maybe it's just that everything seems overpowered compared to wild. Wild pretty much sucks and seems to have too few answers.

I've won the first game several times but always proceed to lose the next two. So far every opponent has had either sapphire or blood and has always had fliers.

I wonder if the very act of giving players more control over their decks leads to less variety. Or it could just seem that way because of the best of 3 format (which was a godawful terrible decision. Can't believe they did that. Much better to fight multiple people once). Even if only 3 people play a certain deck archetype, that's 9 games you have to face it. You might run into 3 people in a hearthstone arena who have the same deck type but you only play them once and you will go on to play another 9 people who have different decks.

Rendakor
05-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Mono-wild is not viable in draft unless you get REALLY lucky with pulls. Realize that, and don't play it, or keep playing it and losing; not all colors are good in all formats.

Best of 3 is much more strategic, and allows you to adjust your deck between rounds according to your opponent. If you want to just play single games and hope for the best, gb2hs.

GatticusFinch
05-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Have there been any posts about when 8-4 is coming?

majin
05-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Mono-wild is not viable in draft unless you get REALLY lucky with pulls. Realize that, and don't play it, or keep playing it and losing; not all colors are good in all formats.

Best of 3 is much more strategic, and allows you to adjust your deck between rounds according to your opponent. If you want to just play single games and hope for the best, gb2hs.

i may be lucky with my opponents but i won my first draft using mono green. rush and pump. i prefer white and blue flying but i usually have a hard time on round 2 with it