PDA

View Full Version : EDH (MTG reference) DC DB build

aventajado
05-08-2014, 08:43 PM
We made this build for our combined sets

All heroes and villains are restricted to one copy each (yes we nerfed Manhunters and Suicide Squads, we know) because our reasoning is that in this game, you're trying to make a deck and recruiting the heroes and villains for your team (sort of speak) so only one copy of each card should exist in the game.

All Super Power and Equipment cards are limited to two copies each.

We play with both starting Super Villains on top of the stack (short game 8 SV, medium 14-16, long game all of them) and you can choose which SV to defeat first but if you defeat both, two SV's turn up one after the other (for first attack purposes).

We're looking to add the SF characters and their Ultra's in the mix but its just a new thing, will keep you posted.

Monsoon
05-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Why would you stand by that reasoning to keep only one copy of each hero and villain, but not do so for Manhunters or the Suicide Squad? In the comics, there are several team members of Suicide Squad and even multiple iterations of that team (hence their cards' synergy), and THOUSANDS of Manhunter robots (hence their cards' synergy). Same logic could apply to the Red Lantern Corps and Black Lantern Corps, but those two don't capitalize on multiple copies of themselves so it makes a little more sense.

Zuty
05-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Why would you stand by that reasoning to keep only one copy of each hero and villain, but not do so for Manhunters or the Suicide Squad? In the comics, there are several team members of Suicide Squad and even multiple iterations of that team (hence their cards' synergy), and THOUSANDS of Manhunter robots (hence their cards' synergy). Same logic could apply to the Red Lantern Corps and Black Lantern Corps, but those two don't capitalize on multiple copies of themselves so it makes a little more sense.

Pretty much the same question I was going to ask.

I don't think there are currently enough cards to really do a singleton format effectively.

~Zuty

SushiSquid
05-11-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't think there are currently enough cards to really do a singleton format effectively.
~Zuty

I agree, especially with regards to Manhunter and Suicide Squad.

For those two cards, I cut Manhunter out entirely because it's too watered down in my 150-card deck. I wouldn't have had room for all 6, so you'd just never get enough of them for the card to be very good.

Of Suicide Squad I left 4 in. That lets them still be worth collecting for a good final Victory Point count, plus with the one Clayface in my deck (he's just too powerful for both to be in), there's still a good chance a player could use three in a turn for the effect.

aventajado
06-19-2014, 06:21 AM
Enjoy your builds my friend as we are enjoying ours. While there are drawbacks not having the Manhunters and Suicide squads in the game, we are not constantly tweaking our build. We dont add some more of these cards while subtracting others. We found our build to be clean cut and a lot more fun. We'll stick to our build and not change it as you enjoy yours.

Cheers.