PDA

View Full Version : Support Abuse

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 12:11 PM
We don't have any info on this topic whatsoever, so I just want to bring it up in a way that will get back to CZE people in charge.

In pretty much every game, including wow, support levels that have the ability to spawn rewards, and fix issues have had problems with showing favoritism to friends. GM's helping certain guilds out with raids and whatnot.

The biggest issue with Diablo 3 and why their economy was so messed up was their extreme lenience on returning items that were "lost", effectively duping extremely valuable things themselves for the player base.

Since Hex is trying to have a real economy, having support staff that can generate free draft tokens, or gold, or packs, or anything like that for players is just begging to be abused, and could spell the end of the economy as a whole. So I hope there are stringent checks against that, which cannot be manipulated or abused. If one support person had the means and desire to pass out plat/gold during pve to himself, or accomplices in large quantities it could seriously hurt peoples confidence in platinum, and the game economy as a whole.

I hope that has been considered, and people in multiple places will be notified when that abuse invariably happens, so that it can be rectified quickly.

Shivdaddy
05-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Come on now, you think they did not already think about this? I think they will notice a person's "file" if someone tries to abuse the system.

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 02:36 PM
It is a systemic problem in virtually every game. It's very easy to have not thought of it. Especially if they're expecting GF to handle support and being somewhat hands off.

hammer
05-09-2014, 02:42 PM
I was opening this thread hoping to hear how support abused Gwaer :p

nicosharp
05-09-2014, 02:46 PM
I think you really need to just let go of the valuation of set 1 and potentially set 2.

Support needs to be pretty open doors about things right now as the game still has major issues. People that continually make the same request could eventually have their accounts locked. Once their confidence on server stability and player relogins are there, so will be the removal of overly generous compensation.

AswanJaguar
05-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Easy solution: Ban all the German players. Just to be safe, let's ban the Spanish and Dutch players too. Can't be too careful. :D

Since Gameforge is supplying the support for the game, I would imagine CZE would have some sort of internal protocol for incidents like you describe. Cory is quite aggressive in his desire for Hex to be a level playing field and fun for all involved.

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 02:52 PM
@nicosharp - Sure, I'm not against overly generous compensation early on. It's more of a concern of a bad apple, or group of bad apples being able to abuse their ability to reward compensation, and devaluing the future economy in the process. There is certainly some level of accountability. However, it just seems more important in a game trying to have an actual economy tied to a real currency.

ossuary
05-09-2014, 03:01 PM
I remember the good old days of EverQuest, where GMs would go on mad power trips and start teleporting newbies into the Plane of Hate, just to watch them get murdered. Good times. :p

Abuse is inevitable, even if you think you've got the greatest support system and staff ever. I certainly hope CZE has thought about this, and had auditing protocols in place to review performance. Abuse WILL happen, it's just a question of how well CZE will handle it when it does.

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Very well said Oss. I think GM abuse in everquest might be responsible for some of my favorite moments.... But still, EQ didn't have ingame currency pegged at USD trying to run a commodities market.

ossuary
05-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Yeah, but it DID have permanent xp loss on death... which at the time, was just about the worst consequence we could imagine for getting fucked over by a GM on a power trip. Especially since their rollback tools were crap. Most of the people who lost xp never got it back. ;)

Zomnivore
05-09-2014, 03:51 PM
I could've probably consistently bugged my drafts...but I don't want to get up in that funk.

Just glad they're finally consistently working now.

I do feel that in a commodity type thing like this that gifting friends things is very easy and exploitable so hopefully they have a very good way to monitor staff.

mach
05-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Anything you do to make it harder for support to grant reimbursement requests will also increase the number of legitimate requesters whose claims are rejected.

Would you rather grant a draft ticket to someone who doesn't deserve it or not grant one to someone who does deserve it? I think most companies decide that not granting one to a deserving customer is more harmful to the game.

Stok3d
05-09-2014, 04:32 PM
I hope that has been considered, and people in multiple places will be notified when that abuse invariably happens, so that it can be rectified quickly.

I have placed a note on your account that if you ever have issues that we are to deny all claims.
[x] Close thread

Gwaer
05-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Mod abuse!

funktion
05-09-2014, 09:40 PM
I would never support abuse of any type.

majin
05-10-2014, 05:34 AM
I agree on this one. If you remember the announcement before that Level Up Philippines will be handling the Philippines Garden (thank god that this deal is now off the table!!!). A lot of Filipino backers (one is a producer) had a lot of concern about this.

The employees of level up (GMs) managed to abuse their power by giving gold and spawning items for their friends and eventually screwing up the game. There's also an issue where a guild / team was favored by a GM on a tournament that will decided who the Philippines representative will be on a South East Asian tourney.

I really hope that CZE can keep tab of every compensation generated by gameforge to prevent issues like this.

Black_Omega
05-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I think that a lot of games have checks and balances in place for this sort of abuse/behavior.

And I think we are jumping the gun to say that it will happen here.

Gwaer
05-10-2014, 11:22 PM
What terrifies me honestly, is that I agree with you. A lot of games have checks against this sort of abuse, and still it happens for extended periods of time before it's caught. There is absolutely no magic bullet to a problem like this. But if left unchecked it could destroy this game. There's no turn off the AH button like in D3. And the economy is much more important to hex than in most other games.

Yoss
05-11-2014, 02:40 PM
While it's no more than blind fear right now, this is a very important thing for CZE to guard against. Gwaer is spot on.

Bloodroot
05-11-2014, 03:09 PM
It is certainly true that Support is subject to a great deal of Abuse. I think we see a new thread complaining about them every day.
</joke>

It's a valid concern, but I doubt we'll hear any details. Just like they won't reveal how they detect cheating by players, I'm sure they won't reveal what kind of oversight they have for the support staff.

Zomnivore
05-11-2014, 05:58 PM
I remember hearing stories about that space game EVE? Where high level staff were joining guilds and gifting codes for stuff that took huge amounts of work to get.

Hopefully CZE doesn't face an event like that ever. Could seriously harm the game.