PDA

View Full Version : Friday Update - Tournament Time

Shaqattaq
05-09-2014, 03:36 PM
While many eyes were on the NFL draft last night, yesterday was a big day for HEX draft as we brought unlocked tournaments and players rushed to fill the queue. For the first hour, many of us were checking in with engineering in amazement to find out how many tournaments fired off. You like us, you really like us. Thanks again for all your patience while we fixed that pesky middleware bug from last week, and we’ll continue to iron out the handful of wrinkles in our draft experience.

https://hextcg.com/friday-update-tournament-time/

mach
05-09-2014, 03:59 PM
For the first hour, many of us were checking in with engineering in amazement to find out how many tournaments fired off. You like us, you really like us.

Don't tease us like that...tell us how many! We want to be amazed too.

Bloodiron
05-09-2014, 04:36 PM
I want some of those paper proxies :(

AstaSyneri
05-10-2014, 11:21 AM
No better news than the interns? How about previewing new stuff scheduled to come in the next few weeks? Due to the parallel development there must be a heap ready to launch now, while he bugfixing was going on.

bojanglesz
05-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Yeah a peek at trading or AH would be cool...

Chiany
05-10-2014, 09:53 PM
No better news than the interns? How about previewing new stuff scheduled to come in the next few weeks? Due to the parallel development there must be a heap ready to launch now, while he bugfixing was going on.

Yeah I agree. I understand being an apprentice is very interesting for them, but it doesn't really interest me.

why not let one of the designers etc, like Ben or Dan talk about what they are doing atm?

Yoss
05-10-2014, 10:50 PM
I really liked the update, actually.

AstaSyneri
05-12-2014, 02:52 AM
I really liked the update, actually.

Going back to that 80s commercial: "Where's the meat?". Yes, I am cranky today (have been all week-end, in retrospect - and nothing of that has to do with Hex).

We get teased with Set 2 previews event though the game hasn't even been released, a day of the interns is portrayed, explicitly without spoilers (ha, ha. NO, it's not a good laugh).

Now that the drafts are running (more or less - too many games in general still get stuck) one would think that there are things to do, but that is not correct. I don't like drafts. Maybe I just suck at it, but the only way that would be fun for me would be with guild-mates.

I have been trying a bunch of decks (my collection is well-rounded enough to build a huge variety of decks) and love testing them, but the AI client is getting too predictable/unstable to have fun with it.

There are huge content packages that will improve the game immensely (when and if the work properly), and I am very, very anxious to see them in game: The AH/direct trading, Guild functions, and the first PvE experience.

I don't even expect a dungeon yet. Just having more varied AI decks with the most major bugs fixed (we know the opponent is not really with us when it play Blaze Elemental in the 2nd Main Phase ;-)) and something to be won by winning vs. the AI (doesn't even have to be much: some gold to spin the wheels of fates would be fine) is all I am clamoring for. It can't be that difficult to provide, can it?

Hex is such a great game that it is infuriating to have to wait for things to make it even better.

Plus I am cranky today ;-).

Shadowspawn
05-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Can we get a similar update for pve, ah, guild features etc? I have to say that set 2 and 3 are great and all but without some of the backbone of the game they are somewhat superfluous.

AswanJaguar
05-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Look for significant patches over the next 3 weeks. With no patches due to the tournament issues, there's been a backlog of fixes that should be coming out starting this week. The Auction House will hopefully be out in the next 3 weeks or so as well.

Dynimix
05-14-2014, 08:57 AM
I am in the camp that really liked the topic. I know it is not as exciting as say the AH or something else, but it is fun to see how fans turned employees spend their day.