PDA

View Full Version : You need to make it more clear that there are limits on sockets during draft

Rayous
05-09-2014, 08:16 PM
I just got screwed in a draft tournament and i think it was because of sockets. I had a deck with 5 socketed creatures, all of whom were using the flight socket. I saved and it saved with no indication that there was an issue. Then i get into game and i have a 145 card deck with palomedes as my merc. After my pretty quick loss (i played the game so that I could see his deck) I quickly removed all the cards and noticed on the right it said that there was more than 4 of the same socket. I quickly changed one of the sockets and saved.

At this point i should note that the merc showing was nin the shadow in the deck builder the whole time.

I entered the game, and lost again as palomedes was my merc.

Why is there a limit on gems during drafts? there are no other card limits. Also, where do we find out these rules, because I checked your page on socketing and it doesn't mention a deck limit.

ossuary
05-09-2014, 08:57 PM
They are not just limited during draft. They are limited at all times. You can never have more than 4 of any single gem in your deck, regardless of how many socketed cards you have. It's in the game guide.

AswanJaguar
05-09-2014, 10:32 PM
It sounds like it wasn't saving your deck at all. If you have 5 of the same gem socketed, it will tell you when you save that you can't have that many. Did you get a popup after you saved that said "Deck saved"? Or did it just spin for a few seconds and then return you to the deck building screen?

MasterN64
05-10-2014, 01:41 AM
The champ not changing is likely a different problem altogether as was posted in the other thread. I was surprised to hear of this gem limit though.

Rayous
05-10-2014, 07:03 AM
It said saved..which is what annoys me.

It should clearly say deck not saved if the deck is not saved. Also, why does this gem limit (which i do not believe should exist) happen in draft. Why should someone be able to have 15 briar legions but not 15 mazat rangers who fly. The only limitation in draft should be the minimum 40 card deck. Otherwise you will have someone draft a deck full of socketed creatures and then find out they dont work, screwing them over. Its bad for the game.

ossuary
05-10-2014, 07:47 AM
If you read the rules before you play, you will know you cannot have more than 4 of a gem in a deck. If you draft without knowing the rules, I guess it's a valuable lesson about learning the rules?

jpfrancum
05-10-2014, 01:01 PM
If you read the rules before you play, you will know you cannot have more than 4 of a gem in a deck. If you draft without knowing the rules, I guess it's a valuable lesson about learning the rules?

But it would help if the rules were consistent there. To his point I can only have 4 of a card in my deck in normal I can go crazy in draft due to the draws.

On a related note where do we find all the rules? I read the regular game guide but where is the stuff on drafts and rewards?

Vorpal
05-10-2014, 01:06 PM
The rules for deck construction should clearly be enforced by the card manager.

Suggesting if people don't read some out of game rules then they should automatically lose the draft they paid for does not seem to be well calculated to attracting new customers.

AswanJaguar
05-10-2014, 01:56 PM

That's a bit unfair given that there is no easily accessible rules document. Not everyone has drafted before nor have they been following the game for months like many of us. The card manager should also be enforcing the rules in a player-friendly (easily understandable) way, not simply accepting the deck and then rejecting it when it comes time to start the match.

FoundInTheFlood
05-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Where is this "game guide"? Are you talking about this one? https://hextcg.com/quick-start-guide-now-available/ Or is there a better one?