PDA

View Full Version : When's the AH coming?

chili
05-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Well we got tournaments now, and they locked the other thread, so I figured we should have another complaint thread going on. So when's the AH coming? It's pretty late, I sure hope it will be next week so we can have proper constructed going on.

I think it's pretty bad for CZE to be taking this long to push it out.

For real my one complaint is this: Being forced to use my draft tokens before my packs + plat in drafts then being told I couldn't have saved them to pay for set2 drafts anyway! I mean a draft token is a draft token, and if they guys that get a free one each week can use them for set 2 why can't I?

TheKraken
05-09-2014, 09:25 PM
They are taking their time on the AH to make it bulletproof. It's important to have a rock-solid AH.

If you know anything about game development, CZE is pushing things out at a good pace. Yes, they underestimated the development time initially, but they've made amazing strides. I rather have a game that is well polished and last for years than one that is rushed out and has a short life. This is the life of a small developer...

We all want the AH - I have a ton of cards I want to put on the AH to get other cards.

TLDR: 2-4 weeks for AH

Re: what do you mean about set 2 draft tokens?

hex_colin
05-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Well we got tournaments now, and they locked the other thread, so I figured we should have another complaint thread going on. So when's the AH coming? It's pretty late, I sure hope it will be next week so we can have proper constructed going on.

I think it's pretty bad for CZE to be taking this long to push it out.

For real my one complaint is this: Being forced to use my draft tokens before my packs + plat in drafts then being told I couldn't have saved them to pay for set2 drafts anyway! I mean a draft token is a draft token, and if they guys that get a free one each week can use them for set 2 why can't I?

So, CZE gives us an estimated time for the AH (approximately 4 weeks from the start of Closed Beta). They confirmed last week that they were still on track. It's still 1.5+ weeks from the earliest possible interpretation of that deadline. And you're starting a thread to complain about not having it yet? Under what circumstances is it "late"?

This is precisely why we don't get dates very often... :(

bojanglesz
05-09-2014, 10:30 PM
I'll settle for trading. Considering this is a TCG lel

Axle
05-09-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't entirely blame the unrest though. It's apparently 2 weeks till done but the only screenshot or official information we have on how the AH will be is from the kickstarter. That doesn't sound right at all.

- Buy and sell cards, gear, and other in-game rewards in a robust and fully featured AUCTION HOUSE

A full player economy will allow you to trade and sell your gear and cards as you build the ultimate collection.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/456/890/75cf85c7d80b05982c3dc0687155c609_large.jpg?1363747 950

Gorgol
05-09-2014, 11:36 PM
i just noticed the twitter said unlikely in the next 2 weeks. :( so i guess we're at least 3 weeks from AH, and Cory said AH is going to be in before trading, so likely at least 4 weeks from trading. So, I guess expect AH and trading in June.

YourOpponent
05-10-2014, 02:59 AM
Yeah Twitter said unlikely in the next two weeks. I know April 1st Cory said AH would be up before closed beta or 1-2 weeks after it. From a development point of view I can understand things getting held up...especially something as big as the AH.

Still though it sounds like it could be at least 3 weeks away for the AH. This complicates things greatly for the May HexTCGPro tournament. Since there wouldn't be a way for people to help get what they need to complete their decks. Not to mention I've already have friends quitting because the AH still isn't up and I'm sure other people are as well.

Kroan
05-10-2014, 03:06 AM
Chilli, you seriously need to brighten up man

Athravan
05-10-2014, 03:31 AM
I want them to take their time with the AH. Since the cards are for keeps now, our accounts have an actual financial value finally - and it's critically important for the stability of the economy and the game that the AH is not buggy. Last thing you want is to lose cards that have real money value, not receive payment or even worse - have bugs or exploits that allow people to gain things they aren't entitled to. No thanks, take your time on this one CZE and get it right first time :)

I understand that this must make it frustrating, especially for planned constructed tournaments where without trading, people haven't got access to the cards they need for their decks, but beta is beta, people must have been aware of the possibility of setbacks when they scheduled/entered tournaments, so hopefully will be understanding about it.

Gorgol
05-10-2014, 08:02 AM
This was the first we heard of it being delayed, as of last fridays update the tournament issues didn't cause anything to be delayed. Now we find out it is delayed, its definitely a valid point to be upset.

We will be testing/using the AH only 2 months before gencon, hopefully they have the tech for the way chests during RL events will be handled in in that time, otherwise, I just don't know...

Xenavire
05-10-2014, 08:06 AM
This was the first we heard of it being delayed, as of last fridays update the tournament issues didn't cause anything to be delayed. Now we find out it is delayed, its definitely a valid point to be upset.

We will be testing/using the AH only 2 months before gencon, hopefully they have the tech for the way chests during RL events will be handled in in that time, otherwise, I just don't know...

How is it a delay when all we have had is estimates? Estimates (especially in this case) are not hard deadlines. They never said 'AH will take 4 weeks', they always had 'maybe' and 'hopefully'. And what may seem like a delay now may be resolved in that time and it could end up being released earlier than expected.

It isn't the end of the world.

Gorgol
05-10-2014, 08:08 AM
How is it a delay when all we have had is estimates? Estimates (especially in this case) are not hard deadlines. They never said 'AH will take 4 weeks', they always had 'maybe' and 'hopefully'. And what may seem like a delay now may be resolved in that time and it could end up being released earlier than expected.

It isn't the end of the world.

From their update last friday:

"Some players have inquired if this bug has delayed any work on the Auction House. The AH is currently being done in parallel (at the same time) by different HEX team members, so we’ve practically lost no time in developing or testing that feature. The Auction House continues along on-schedule."

Estimates given at 4 weeks, and official answer of still ON SCHEDULE = 4 weeks is still the estimate, until this friday when we found out otherwise.

So it went fron ON SCHEDULE, to NOT ON SCHEDULE. Maybe my choice of delay was poor, but it is no longer on schedule.

From Twitter:
"@HexTCG Thanks for getting tournaments up and running. Does it look like the AH will be up in 1-2 weeks?

@HEXBacon Unlikely in that time frame."

Everyone needs to now know the estimate is 3 weeks, yes if its in 1-2 surprise! But the realistic view went from 2 weeks to now 3, thats all I'm saying. And since trading has been said to come after the AH, either they come in same update or the estimate for trading is now at 4 weeks.

Athravan
05-10-2014, 08:10 AM

You can't delay something that didn't have a set date to begin with. This is why gaming companies are becoming more and more wary of releasing any kind of schedule - as soon as they set a schedule, even if it's a very tentative one, people start getting upset when stuff crops up, which it always does. The more people get upset about it, the more pressure people put on the developers to release something that's not ready, to provide information when there are no guarantees.... the less information developers are likely to share in the future just to avoid people getting upset.

If delays bother people that much they shouldn't be playing during a beta; just wait until release and get everything at once and you don't need to worry about whether the developers kept to some rough estimate they gave.

Xenavire
05-10-2014, 09:32 AM
From their update last friday:

"Some players have inquired if this bug has delayed any work on the Auction House. The AH is currently being done in parallel (at the same time) by different HEX team members, so we’ve practically lost no time in developing or testing that feature. The Auction House continues along on-schedule."

Estimates given at 4 weeks, and official answer of still ON SCHEDULE = 4 weeks is still the estimate, until this friday when we found out otherwise.

So it went fron ON SCHEDULE, to NOT ON SCHEDULE. Maybe my choice of delay was poor, but it is no longer on schedule.

From Twitter:
"@HexTCG Thanks for getting tournaments up and running. Does it look like the AH will be up in 1-2 weeks?

@HEXBacon Unlikely in that time frame."

Everyone needs to now know the estimate is 3 weeks, yes if its in 1-2 surprise! But the realistic view went from 2 weeks to now 3, thats all I'm saying. And since trading has been said to come after the AH, either they come in same update or the estimate for trading is now at 4 weeks.

Sorry, but when those estimates were all very informal (we got nothing in writing saying 'we plan to have this done by this date') then it means absolutely nothing to have it seem to be shifted by a week. We were given multiple rough estimates, and the only constant between them has been 'before open beta'. That is the only qualifier that matters - as long as they stick to that, you have absolutely no leg to stand on in this argument.

All the rest are estimates made by people who may not know the intimate details, and those estimates should be completely disregarded - use them only as a guide of what they would like to do, not what they realistically expect to do.

Gorgol
05-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Sorry, but when those estimates were all very informal (we got nothing in writing saying 'we plan to have this done by this date') then it means absolutely nothing to have it seem to be shifted by a week. We were given multiple rough estimates, and the only constant between them has been 'before open beta'. That is the only qualifier that matters - as long as they stick to that, you have absolutely no leg to stand on in this argument.

All the rest are estimates made by people who may not know the intimate details, and those estimates should be completely disregarded - use them only as a guide of what they would like to do, not what they realistically expect to do.

Fair enough, I would just urge people not to expect it in the next two weeks then. :)

Xenavire
05-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Fair enough, I would just urge people not to expect it in the next two weeks then. :)

Yeah, an official post about it saying 'Most likely 3 or more weeks away. Don't hold your breath, we will get it to you ASAP!' would be great. We are getting a thread every 2 days or so asking about it, so an official 'hold your horses' would be nice. :)

DirtFarmer
05-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Just posting here for motivation. Wants me a trading card game!!

Keep up the great work though!

Barkam
05-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Yeah, an official post about it saying 'Most likely 3 or more weeks away. Don't hold your breath, we will get it to you ASAP!' would be great. We are getting a thread every 2 days or so asking about it, so an official 'hold your horses' would be nice. :)

They already provided a hold your horses response when they said no ETA. :p

Xenavire
05-12-2014, 11:00 AM
They already provided a hold your horses response when they said no ETA. :p

It isn't quite the same when a bunch of estimates are floating around haha. 'No ETA' conflicts pretty badly with 'we hope to have it in X weeks.' Thats why it would be nice for them to say 'don't expect it before this date, and if we surprise you, its great for everyone!'

DionyzRex
05-12-2014, 11:04 AM
It isn't quite the same when a bunch of estimates are floating around haha. 'No ETA' conflicts pretty badly with 'we hope to have it in X weeks.' Thats why it would be nice for them to say 'don't expect it before this date, and if we surprise you, its great for everyone!'

We did just say don't expect it in the next 1-2 weeks.

Xenavire
05-12-2014, 11:13 AM

And people still didn't get the hint. :p

nicosharp
05-12-2014, 11:17 AM
I'd settle for secure player-to-player trading and authentication key support for accounts first.

Quasari
05-12-2014, 12:07 PM
I'd settle for secure player-to-player trading and authentication key support for accounts first.
AH will probably be infinitely easier than player to player trades. I could see mailbox sending come first, but they'll probably hold it back till player to player trades to prevent scams.

bojanglesz
05-12-2014, 12:58 PM

ugh

Mahes
05-12-2014, 02:33 PM

So 5+ weeks into Beta before the AH comes out? This means no chance of trading at all until mid to late June?

Why did we go Beta again so soon? Were you guys really that hard up for money?

The more that this goes on the more I am puzzled at this game. I kind of wish that Cory would stop saying expectations as to when parts of a game are getting released. Its like "CZE says 1-2 weeks for the AH" and it mean 5-6 weeks. Could you please just start adding 1 month to every damn estimate you dare to tell us. It is frustrating expecting things only to continue waiting and waiting and waiting.

Svenn
05-12-2014, 02:40 PM
So 5+ weeks into Beta before the AH comes out? This means no chance of trading at all until mid to late June?

The more that this goes on the more I am puzzled at this game. I kind of wish that Cory would stop saying expectations as to when parts of a game are getting released. Its like "CZE says 1-2 weeks for the AH" and it mean 5-6 weeks. Could you please just start adding 1 month to every damn estimate you dare to tell us. It is frustrating expecting things only to continue waiting and waiting and waiting.
It's game development... hard to really know how long development of a particular feature is going to take as lots of things pop up that can cause delays (anything from simple bugs to issues that had not been considered previously that could cause a change in design).

Why are we in beta/monetized beta? Because people wanted it. If we were still in Alpha we'd still be getting the "When is beta? When do we get to play for real? I want to play for real!" They opted to let people start using the features that were ready and start building up their collections for real because that's what people wanted.

Xenavire
05-12-2014, 02:43 PM

Calm down, those were VERY VAGUE ESTIMATES, nothing official. Stop jumping up and down on something that was said casually in chat - it wasn't a goddamn press release. This isn't the same as the kickstarter estimates - this is entirely separate and you have absolutely no cause to be upset about these 'perceived delays'.

And the AH has nothing to do with the game being monetised - the intention was obvious from the start - get people enjoying the game through draft, and work on the AH as fast as possible to support constructed. That is exactly what is happening, and you choose to complain? Not CZE's fault that you have such high standards - they have been very clear that the features will be in as soon as the are stable and ready for consumer consumption, and not a minute before that.

Vorpal
05-12-2014, 02:58 PM

It is 5/12/2014.

Two weeks puts as at 5/28/2014

How did you get to late June from there?

You are right, it is frustrating, which is why I think the best policy is for them not to give ETA's on anything.

Didn't beta start April 23rd? And weren't we told we might see AH a month after beta? (At least, that's what I thought). It's been two weeks, if it's two more weeks, then that's right on target. If it's 3 weeks, that's one week 'late', which is not worth mentioning.

Xenavire
05-12-2014, 03:13 PM
And weren't we told we might see AH a month after beta?

I just want to stress this for anyone who is looking to contribute to the argument. It wasn't an ETA, it was a rough estimate. Even if we pass that imaginary deadline, they aren't at fault, because they never gave us any kind of hard date.

dogmod
05-12-2014, 03:57 PM
I just want to stress this for anyone who is looking to contribute to the argument. It wasn't an ETA, is was a rough estimate. Even if we pass that imaginary deadline, they aren't at fault, because they never gave us any kind of hard date.

Lol... It wasn't an "Estimated Time of Arrival" it was a "Rough Estimate of when it will be done".... Sorry but I think all Hex employees need to add some blizzard to their sig and to the end of all posts: ETA: When it is done. Add that one the end but continue being communicative about features and progress without dates. Then people can't say they aren't communicative and people can't get mad about certain dates. Obviously there will be the minority who will complain that they aren't being communicative about specific dates but the fact is you can't please everyone always and if you try you will fail and fail hard.

ZillahEnoch
05-12-2014, 06:38 PM
I wanted to reply to this but it felt out of context here, so I did in the thread about Draft Tickets (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35599&p=367923&viewfull=1#post367923)

bojanglesz
05-12-2014, 08:56 PM
I just want to stress this for anyone who is looking to contribute to the argument. It wasn't an ETA, it was a rough estimate. Even if we pass that imaginary deadline, they aren't at fault, because they never gave us any kind of hard date.

It wasn't an estimate it was an estimate?

AstaSyneri
05-13-2014, 01:19 AM
I don't really see why the player-to-player trading option would have to wait until after the AH is out. At first glance it looks to me like even I could program it (the basics). Ideally I would love it to work like Steam trading.:

Select player to trade with, put all cards offered into a box, the trading partner does the same.

When both are in, you check the box out, when both boxes are checked out, you click "confirm trade".

Can't be that difficult really.

It would be really nice to have that feature soon - the AH imho will only become more important once PVE comes out (what's the estimate again on the Arena? :P ).

Mike411
05-13-2014, 01:25 AM
AH will be tons of fun :D

I'm patient though hehehe

And yeah, one of the staff members ingame mentioned the current intention for the draft tickets out now is that they can only be used for set 1.

AstaSyneri
05-13-2014, 02:26 AM
And yeah, one of the staff members ingame mentioned the current intention for the draft tickets out now is that they can only be used for set 1.

Intention or not, I don't see how they can do that. The 1-year drafts should work on the flavor due jour (although I expect to see something like 2 set 2 + 1 set 1 boosters when set 2 is out). The 3 free draft tickets we got in certain tiers also never had any limitation attached to it (they may get a date at some point).

I'd certainly be mad if that happens - those tickets are my chance to offset a bit of the future set cost - and once we see set 3 we are going to be hooked anyway (who am I kidding? We are all hooked already).

Mike411
05-13-2014, 03:35 AM
To be clear I meant the non-expiring tickets. (the 1-year weekly draft tickets would of course continue to work in set two as they are issued every week and expire.)

And yeah the non-expiring tickets should either be changed to work on any set, or if they're restricted to set one it should be made clear. And one of those two situations will likely happen before set two.

DuroNL
05-13-2014, 03:47 AM
AH will probably be infinitely easier than player to player trades. I could see mailbox sending come first, but they'll probably hold it back till player to player trades to prevent scams.

There is something called CoD in most MMO's, Cash on Delivery, its used in mailbox systems where you would attach x Item to a Mail and select the option CoD, you fill in x amount of Gold/Platinum/Copper/Whatever and the receiver of the mail can only detach the item if he pays the cost! You can't get scammed here, unless you are not paying attention of course :P

That is a pretty safe system to go on first...

*Back on Topic, or just a reply to all QQ*
other than that, can we all stop with the QQ, QQ and more QQ?

They are updating this game at a good pace, we got drafts, so start drafting :P
or just play around proving grounds, crack some boosters, spin the Wheels?

Trading/AH will be in, when its ready... there

Cernz
05-13-2014, 04:09 AM
I don't really see why the player-to-player trading option would have to wait until after the AH is out. At first glance it looks to me like even I could program it (the basics). Ideally I would love it to work like Steam trading.:

Select player to trade with, put all cards offered into a box, the trading partner does the same.

When both are in, you check the box out, when both boxes are checked out, you click "confirm trade".

It would be really nice to have that feature soon - the AH imho will only become more important once PVE comes out (what's the estimate again on the Arena? :P ).

sounds like the eve online way for direct trade ;)

AstaSyneri
05-13-2014, 04:38 AM
sounds like the eve online way for direct trade ;)

Yeah, now that I am thinking about it, yes, it is. But IIRC the Steam one is pretty much the same.

Banquetto
05-13-2014, 04:52 AM
There is something called CoD in most MMO's, Cash on Delivery, its used in mailbox systems where you would attach x Item to a Mail and select the option CoD, you fill in x amount of Gold/Platinum/Copper/Whatever and the receiver of the mail can only detach the item if he pays the cost! You can't get scammed here, unless you are not paying attention of course :P

You can't get scammed, but you can get trolled by a player who offers to buy something, and then just lets it sit in his mailbox without opening the mail.

If my medium-term memory serves me, quite early on in WoW's life, they had to make a change so COD mail got returned-to-sender after a short time (maybe 3 days?), compared to regular mails which I think didn't bounce for a month.

mudkip
05-13-2014, 06:46 AM
I'm sure direct or mail trading will come in before the AH. The AH is just a special case of trading.

If my medium-term memory serves me, quite early on in WoW's life, they had to make a change so COD mail got returned-to-sender after a short time (maybe 3 days?), compared to regular mails which I think didn't bounce for a month.

COD feature with a 3 day RTS sounds great to me.

deathandtexas
05-13-2014, 06:51 AM

haha. I love posts like this. "YAH GUYS JUST PUT <= or != and then a SEMICOLON. DONE."

mudkip
05-13-2014, 07:19 AM
haha. I love posts like this. "YAH GUYS JUST PUT <= or != and then a SEMICOLON. DONE."

There's likely going to be an additional server and a hell of a lot of integrity and security checks, so while the high-level logic looks simple, it's not an easy or quick feature to implement.