PDA

View Full Version : Barred from spending my own money on hex!!!

Vomitlord
05-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi I've been using my credit card to buy platinum on hex.
Yesterday got an email saying my account is barred from all payment options for my own protection.

I think an attempt to see if my payment was genuine would be preferable to an outright block as I have checked my account and all transactions were mine.

I am now spending the weekend unable to draft because of this.

:(

Kami
05-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Currently, they lock your account if you make multiple transactions in a fairly short period of time. I think it's over twenty transactions within X time?

Unfortunately you'll have to contact support to get it unlocked. :/

Vomitlord
05-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks kami for the reply. not sure it was that many transactions, maybe the amount!!!.

I have to jump through a few hoops with my credit card company anyway so its a bit weird that they just block your account like this.

Oh well hopefully will be resolved quickly

israel.kendall
05-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Happened to me too, its way less than twenty transactions. Just click the link in the email and contact them through there. They will want some things like copy of your ID, credit card statement, screenshot of PayPal home page, etc. They unblock you pretty quickly once the documentation has been provided. Only bad thing is that it seems they only work in the middle of the night US time.

Xenavire
05-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Happened to me too, its way less than twenty transactions. Just click the link in the email and contact them through there. They will want some things like copy of your ID, credit card statement, screenshot of PayPal home page, etc. They unblock you pretty quickly once the documentation has been provided. Only bad thing is that it seems they only work in the middle of the night US time.

Yeah, thats one downside to having the support in Germany - they open early and close early, by American times. The good news is that they seem to be getting more competent with each passing day, so tickets go through quicker.

Vomitlord
05-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Lucky for me I'm in England so maybe less of a problem. I still think its over zealous. have replied to the new address so hopefully things will move along

hex_colin
05-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Currently, they lock your account if you make multiple transactions in a fairly short period of time. I think it's over twenty transactions within X time?

If only it were 20... ;) Happened to me at well fewer than that. The upside is that after contacting support they whitelisted me and I haven't had any issues since.

Mike411
05-11-2014, 02:22 AM
It's to protect them as well, as they can lose a fair bit of money due to credit card fraud. Hopefully after successful transactions and some time they will whitelist or raise the limit for the account/credit card automatically. Good to hear that they whitelist after you contact support.

TheSwallowsNest
05-11-2014, 02:35 PM

I've made 2 real money purchases of platinum, however I've done a bunch of those Sponsorpay surveys/registrations for free platinum. My account was barred right after receiving a number of small platinum transactions from that.

Dynimix
05-11-2014, 02:57 PM
How well do those sponser pay transactions work?

TheSwallowsNest
05-11-2014, 03:03 PM
How well do those sponser pay transactions work?

I did a bunch, some don't give the rewards they state even after doing the survey/registration.

Others do and its hard to tell which ones will actually give a reward.

I usually only bother with the ones that are quick, like enter a valid email address.

Was doing this while waiting around for the next round of the tournament and got a few hundred free platinum, more that enough to cover the cost of the boosters and 100 platinum entry fee.

ossuary
05-11-2014, 08:08 PM
FYI, this happens because of financial laws in Germany, where GameForge is based. It's not overzealousness, they are complying with mandatory regulation in their governing location. It sucks for non-Germans, especially for Americans who are not used to that kind of regulation from anyone other than the credit card company / bank, but you get used to it.

Like Colin said, once you contact them and prove you're 1) legit and 2) not a minor, you should be able to get whitelisted for future purchases.

Marsden
05-12-2014, 12:59 AM
FYI, this happens because of financial laws in Germany, where GameForge is based. It's not overzealousness, they are complying with mandatory regulation in their governing location.

It's definitely overzealousness, it's just not Gameforge's fault. Germany has some fucked up laws.

Khazrakh
05-12-2014, 01:11 AM
FYI, this happens because of financial laws in Germany, where GameForge is based. It's not overzealousness, they are complying with mandatory regulation in their governing location. It sucks for non-Germans, especially for Americans who are not used to that kind of regulation from anyone other than the credit card company / bank, but you get used to it.

Trust me, it sucks just as well for Germans - though we are probably somewhat used to being told what is best for us by our government... ;)

Vomitlord
05-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Support got back pretty quick, it's all been ironed out. Drafting tonight:D

regomar
05-13-2014, 06:31 AM
Hope I never get blacklisted because I'm sure as hell NEVER sending a scan of ANY piece of government ID to anyone on the net. Ever. I've bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise over the Internet from all over the world from hundreds of companies and I've NEVER had do do such a thing. In absolutely no circumstances is such nonsense acceptable to me as a paying customer.

zadies
05-13-2014, 06:38 AM
Make sure not to make multiple purchases at the lowest denominations to save the few pennies then. Also any idea how long it takes to reset the count is it on the 1st of the month a total number of transactions period or what?

J-PunchTicket
05-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Glad to hear it got sorted VL. Think I'll heed the warning and alternate between my parents credit cards when making purchases.

Yoss
05-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Glad to hear it got sorted VL. Think I'll heed the warning and alternate between my parents credit cards when making purchases.

You've been making some rather shady statements around these forums since joining yesterday. Or maybe it's just me.

Xenavire
05-16-2014, 02:19 PM
You've been making some rather shady statements around these forums since joining yesterday. Or maybe it's just me.

Yoss, is that really called for? If he does anything bad, he will get in trouble for it, but saying stuff like this is hardly going to help anything. If you are really worried, alert a mod and see where it goes.

I mean, a little benefit of the doubt generally doesn't hurt, right?

Yoss
05-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Click on his name and select "View Forum Posts".

In any case, no kid should be having shady dealings with someone else's credit cards, and certainly shouldn't be broadcasting it on a public forum.

Xenavire
05-16-2014, 02:54 PM

In any case, no kid should be having shady dealings with someone else's credit cards, and certainly shouldn't be broadcasting it on a public forum.

Well, if he has explicit permission to do so, I don't think it could be that shady. But still, any parent that lets their kid use their credit cards are asking for trouble.

And I have seen his posts, and I think you are jumping the gun. 7 posts isn't damning evidence. I do think that he is doing himself a disservice by making such poor quality posts, but welcome to the internet I guess?

That said, if he would be breaking a law I am not aware of, then a mod absolutely should look into it.

J-PunchTicket
05-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Yoss, is that really called for? If he does anything bad, he will get in trouble for it, but saying stuff like this is hardly going to help anything. If you are really worried, alert a mod and see where it goes.

I mean, a little benefit of the doubt generally doesn't hurt, right?

Thankyou Xenafire - I've always been a little awkward/weird and online gaming/forums in general have been a godsend for me. Sometimes I get excited (can't really define it) and hit return before thinking things through. No doubt in a few days I'll have a "what was I thinking moment" and delete some posts. It happens to me on other forums.

Sorry to offend you Yoss - the someone else you refer to are my parents and they are more than happy for me to make online purchases (upto a limit) with their cards. There is such a thing as statements which show them clearly what I've spent - that coupled with their permission hardly tallies with the description "shady dealings".

And what do you mean by "kid"? I'm an adult. True, I am an adult with certain physical limits and certain developmental disorders which I prefer not to go into here but I do not feel that it gives other individuals the right to paint targets on my back.

What I should or should not be broadcasting on a public forum is between me and those who run the forum - I'd always thought of the internet as one of the last bastions of free speech. Others obviously would prefer to restrict that.

Xenavire
05-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Thankyou Xenavire - I've always been a little awkward/weird and online gaming/forums in general have been a godsend for me. Sometimes I get excited (can't really define it) and hit return before thinking things through. No doubt in a few days I'll have a "what was I thinking moment" and delete some posts. It happens to me on other forums.

Happy to help.

Sorry to offend you Yoss - the someone else you refer to are my parents and they are more than happy for me to make online purchases (upto a limit) with their cards. There is such a thing as statements which show them clearly what I've spent - that coupled with their permission hardly tallies with the description "shady dealings".

And what do you mean by "kid"? I'm an adult. True, I am an adult with certain physical limits and certain developmental disorders which I prefer not to go into here but I do not feel that it gives other individuals the right to paint targets on my back.

What I should or should not be broadcasting on a public forum is between me and those who run the forum - I'd always thought of the internet as one of the last bastions of free speech. Others obviously would prefer to restrict that.

That hits close to home, and maybe thats why I was so understanding about it. Still, Yoss might have a point - in some places it might be illegal to do that with a credit card/s, and Germany might be one of those places (since gameforge is handling the payments.) It does help to be aware of these things, so it might be worth looking into. :)

Yoss
05-16-2014, 03:22 PM
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything."

I should have taken that advice, at least in this case.

Xenavire
05-16-2014, 03:24 PM
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything."

I should have taken that advice, at least in this case.

Well, to your credit, you spoke more out of concern than hate. I have seen a lot worse, and you didn't take it any further when an explanation came along. :)

nicosharp
05-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Yesterday got an email saying my account is barred from all payment options for my own protection.

I just wanted to say I laughed out loud and read this to a friend when you first posted it. Sorry for your issue, but thank you for the laugh. If only my credit cards protected me from my 'gambling' with games habits.