PDA

View Full Version : Living Totem Swiftstrike kills two Falcons? Plus Menacing Gralk

AstaSyneri
05-11-2014, 03:15 AM
In a game vs. the AI (Proving Grounds) the opposing player (Palamedes) had a Living Totem out.

When I intercepted The 2/2 Flying Swiftstriking Totem with two 2/1 Royal Falcons, it killed both. IMHO it should have killed the first with Swiftstrike, and then succumbed to the second. Am I understanding the rules wrongly?
In one of the following turns I played Menacing Gralk. The Living Totem by now had Steadfast. As intended, Menacing Gralk exhaust the Totem, but in the following turn Living Totem readied again, unexpectedly. Working as intended? :(

Xenavire
05-11-2014, 03:48 AM
Gralk vs the AI is bugged and known. Your falcon situation is not a bug - swiftstike deals all it's damage before any other combat takes place. So both those falcons took 1 damage each from the 2 power. If you had blocked with a third troop, then that troop would have survived to deal damage.

AstaSyneri
05-12-2014, 12:45 AM
Gralk vs the AI is bugged and known. Your falcon situation is not a bug - swiftstike deals all it's damage before any other combat takes place. So both those falcons took 1 damage each from the 2 power. If you had blocked with a third troop, then that troop would have survived to deal damage.

Thanks. *facepalm* on 1. I knew I shouldn't play late at night when I am dead tired. Even the simplest of math gets thrown off. Embarrassing... :o