PDA

View Full Version : Gems do not reset between matches

Hexmage
05-12-2014, 05:11 AM
During a match (round 2), after game 1, I changed one of my gems to another gem. (It was not that great in the match up).
During the match after that (round 3), when I drew the card again it still had the changed gem in it. I was under the impression that all cards would revert back to the state they were in when you first registered your deck, but apparently gems don't follow this rule yet.

Marsden
05-12-2014, 06:22 AM
During a draft if you change your deck you've changed your deck. If you want to revert it back, do that while waiting for the next round to start.

Hexmage
05-12-2014, 06:25 AM
So that means you can presideboard your deck if you know what your next opponent is playing. For example if you have a buddy in the same draft and he lost, he can tell you what your next opponent is playing.

knightofeffect
05-12-2014, 11:03 AM
During a draft if you change your deck you've changed your deck. If you want to revert it back, do that while waiting for the next round to start.

This cannot possibly be the intent. It goes against the rules of well established competitive limited play.

Freebird_Falcon
05-12-2014, 01:56 PM
This cannot possibly be the intent. It goes against the rules of well established competitive limited play.

This was my thought as well. It seems inconsistent because, in my experience, the changes don't always persist into the next round. I don't know which way the bug swings, though.

Eierdotter
05-12-2014, 04:08 PM
there are 2 ways to change your deck during a tournament
1. between match 1/2 and between 2/3
the changes you make will get reverted back to your default deck that you started with
2. between rounds while waiting for the other matches to finish
these changes may be persistent (at least i was told so)

i only changed stuff between matches so far and the deck always reverted back to the original in the next round

Marsden
05-12-2014, 05:21 PM
When I changed in-between games the change was persistent at the end of the round.

So that means you can presideboard your deck if you know what your next opponent is playing.

You can do that right now with the 'Reserves' button between rounds regardless if the changes persist between individual games or not.

knightofeffect
05-12-2014, 10:22 PM
When I changed in-between games the change was persistent at the end of the round.

You can do that right now with the 'Reserves' button between rounds regardless if the changes persist between individual games or not.

I don't think missing functionality is the issue here, it is too much functionality technically. You should not be able to pre-sideboard. Its a pretty ludicrous idea. =P

Xenavire
05-13-2014, 03:56 AM
I don't think missing functionality is the issue here, it is too much functionality technically. You should not be able to pre-sideboard. Its a pretty ludicrous idea. =P

Why though? You neber get a chance to deck test, why should you be locked into a bad decision you made because.you couldn't test it?

As long as you forget the chance of cheating, it is a positive change.

zadies
05-13-2014, 06:35 AM
Given you can't currently watch games in progress there really isn't any possible way for you to know what your going to be facing anyway and the only time you actually know who your opponent would be would be the final round so pre-side-boarding is an absurd concept anyway.