PDA

View Full Version : Speculative Drafting

Eklypz
05-12-2014, 03:36 PM
What cards do people think that will be of high value when the Auction House is implemented that are worth drafting to pay for the whole draft?

Vorpal
05-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Surge mechanism and gigantify.

Xenavire
05-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Surge mechanism and gigantify.

Joking aside, I actually think Surge mechanism might be a money rare late in the games life (well, later than set 2.) So having a few extra lying around may not hurt.

The real money rares are Vampire king, Angel of dawn, Mastery of time (probably), extinction (iffy because people have sets from KS, but it will be a staple for a very very long time), inquisitor, possibly ancestors chosen, Soul Marble, Eldritch Dreamer...

There are tons more that will have good value on the AH, but these are probably the best ones off the top of my head.

LLCoolDave
05-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Ancestor's Chosen is fairly bad and will get worse the more good cheap creatures are available. I'd be fairly surprised if it made a real splash in competitive constructed and I'm not sure how strong the more casual appeal is. (The same holds for Pack Raptor, btw.)

Xenavire
05-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Ancestor's Chosen is fairly bad and will get worse the more good cheap creatures are available. I'd be fairly surprised if it made a real splash in competitive constructed and I'm not sure how strong the more casual appeal is. (The same holds for Pack Raptor, btw.)

I actually think that Ancestors Chosen may end up being a staple in some decks. We will have to wait until set 2 before that can be accurately judged, because right now it is somewhat mediocre. Given a few tools and it could be a huge turn 1 bomb.

Zomnivore
05-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Lixil.

There's obviously tri color decks now, set 2 comes around and those will probably be that much better.

Any of the Triumvirate pieces. I think thats going to be a key piece of a solid pve deck.

Werlix
05-12-2014, 06:24 PM
What cards do people think that will be of high value when the Auction House is implemented that are worth drafting to pay for the whole draft?

Angel of Dawn, Vampire King, Eye Of Creation, Mastery Of Time should all pay for the draft. Not many other cards will be worth $7 or more.

israel.kendall
05-12-2014, 06:32 PM
As said by others, angel of dawn, vamp king, eye of creation.

jonsnow2000
05-12-2014, 08:02 PM
I'll try to build a stockpile of all rares and legendaries, even the most crappy ones. Who's to say that they won't be desirable in PVE later (dungeon mechanics, or equipment boosts)?