PDA

View Full Version : Darkspire Priestess bug

Madr0x
05-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Your Display Name: Hydaelyn
Bug Description: When Darkspire Priestess died I was never given the option to search for a card or deal damage to the opponent champion.
Steps to Reproduce: Play Darkspire Priestess. Use her to block an enemy card or have her blocked. When she dies you're not given an option to deal damage or search for Darkspire card.
Frequency: One time so far, will update if it works at a later point.
Additional Information: I'm 99% sure I used her to block another card when she died.

mightygerm
05-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Its random.

AswanJaguar
05-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Yup, and if you have no other Darkspire cards in your deck and the option chosen at random is to draw one, nothing will happen.

ossuary
05-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Check out the card text again, Madr0x. It chooses one of the two options at random: either it lets you search for another Darkspire troop, or it deals 3 damage to your opponent. If it chooses damage, it will just make the damage noise and drop their HP by 3 - if you weren't paying attention because you were expecting to get a choice, you may have missed it. And if it chooses to search for another troop, and you don't have any more Darkspires in your library, nothing will pop up on the screen at all. Either way, it's easy to miss. :)

Madr0x
05-13-2014, 11:56 AM
I thought I had more darkspire still in my deck, my mistake! I must not have noticed it automatically damaged the the opponents champion.

Fairfang
05-13-2014, 02:29 PM
I think if you have no other "Darkspire" card in your deck, it always deals the 3 dmg. In one game i had 7 Darkspire Priestess out (with that gambling thing) and no such other card in my deck and they all dealt dmg to the enemy.

Xenavire
05-13-2014, 02:37 PM
I think if you have no other "Darkspire" card in your deck, it always deals the 3 dmg. In one game i had 7 Darkspire Priestess out (with that gambling thing) and no such other card in my deck and they all dealt dmg to the enemy.

It does not always deal damage. I am absolutely sure it can just fail to search if there is nothing for it to search for, and it doesn't deal damage.

ossuary
05-13-2014, 04:11 PM

This is incorrect. It is always a 50% chance to do one or the other, no matter the circumstances. If it chooses to search for another Darkspire and you have none left in your deck, it will do nothing. It will NOT default to dealing damage every time once there are no Darkspires left.

You just got extremely lucky (or possibly miscounted how many triggered damage, since that many were almost certainly fatal anyway it may have been hard to tell).