PDA

View Full Version : Devoted Emissary

iscariotrex
05-13-2014, 12:51 AM
I just had a game bug out because I played Devoted Emissary when it had no valid target. Explanation: Buccaneer has a trigger effect that you select if you activate it or not; I thought Emissary would work the same way. I played the card with no other creature on the field. It asked me to select a creature, and since I had no other, I chose the Emissary. Everything froze up and I couldn't do anything. I Xed out of the game and logged back in(I was in a draft). When it reconnected me, all it did was award me the match and froze again. Xed out and logged back in again and it moved us to the second match in the round.

My opponent seemed pretty ticked. Couldn't convince him I didn't do it on purpose. I'm very sorry.

Freebird_Falcon
05-13-2014, 10:27 AM
I think the emissary is actually listed in the faq. If you have no other troops to return to hand, he must target himself. Definitely a bug that the game locks up though.

AswanJaguar
05-13-2014, 10:35 AM
I Xed out of the game and logged back in(I was in a draft). When it reconnected me, all it did was award me the match and froze again. Xed out and logged back in again and it moved us to the second match in the round.

That's a good trick considering reconnect isn't working right now for draft tournaments. Once you're out, you can't get back to your match. Not to mention your opponent whispered to you multiple times and you were connected each time. Oh, and the fact that you had just played an Emissary two turns prior and knew exactly how it works.

Note to others: using exploits is bad, using them against people who stream is just really dumb.

iscariotrex
05-13-2014, 11:56 AM
I would just like to say I am not a really bad person, nor am I a really dumb one. I've been uber apologetic, I don't see why you have to believe the worst about me. Aside from being sorry, I've also filed a bug report like I'm supposed too. I'm really sorry for all hurt feelings. When trade goes up I'd gladly fork over the couple extra packs in winnings... I don't care about that. I'd really rather not be ostracized from this community or banned from game over a mistake that was made. Please believe you have had my heartfelt apology.

Xenavire
05-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Considering that CZE can check the logs, they will know exactly if someone had done this beforehand and was then exploiting a known bug. However, I am fairly sure this is a completely freak occurrence, because someone did the exact same thing to me in a game (returning itself) and it didn't lock up or freeze, and I promptly won the game by swinging the next turn.

Gwaer
05-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Just fyi, the reconnect feature does work intermittently. Though it's by no means reliable.

TJTaylor
05-13-2014, 08:59 PM
I've had to completely shut down the client several times due to things like getting stuck in space without the coin flip. Every time I have done this I've been able to reconnect to the match so reconnect does work though I may be getting lucky that it has always worked for me.

nekoangel
05-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Had this happen against me in a draft and after a small amount of time it resolved on its self fine.

Freebird_Falcon
05-14-2014, 02:43 PM
I've had to completely shut down the client several times due to things like getting stuck in space without the coin flip. Every time I have done this I've been able to reconnect to the match so reconnect does work though I may be getting lucky that it has always worked for me.

The last time I tried, the other night, it reconnected me to an game where default champions were endlessly moving into position on-screen at a super rapid pace. It was kind of funny until it started to make me sick hahah.

Hmm, I'm curious: are you closing the client before it gives you the "failed to start" error?