PDA

View Full Version : New Forever Evil Details

SMStephens
05-13-2014, 09:46 AM
While browsing the Cryptozoic website, I noticed that the Forever Evil page was updated with a lot of new info.

The highlights:

* More "Attack" heavy than previous sets.
* More ways to destroy cards than in previous sets.
* New victory point tokens, which you can collect while playing a game. In addition, there will be ways to steal tokens from other players.
* The placeholder box art is on the page. While it's possible that it will be changed for the official release, you can spot some new villains that will probably make it into Forever Evil. I spotted Killer Frost, Man-Bat, and a few others that I don't recognize.

Sorry if this is old news. I looked around and didn't see anything about it.

Zuty
05-13-2014, 10:36 AM
* More "Attack" heavy than previous sets.
* More ways to destroy cards than in previous sets.

Very happy to see this. I never had issues with destroying cards, but if there are going to be more Attacks (which I think was needed) than we'd need more destroy effects.

* New victory point tokens, which you can collect while playing a game. In addition, there will be ways to steal tokens from other players.

Ooo ... So kind of like Ascension having VP tokens. I'd like to see how well this is implemented; I hope it's not as strong as Ascension where defeating monsters gives tokens instead of getting a card worth VP.

* The placeholder box art is on the page. While it's possible that it will be changed for the official release, you can spot some new villains that will probably make it into Forever Evil. I spotted Killer Frost, Man-Bat, and a few others that I don't recognize.

I don't remember what the old art was that they had up, but I see Reverse Flash on the side and the top looks like Superman, but it might be Cyborg Superman or something like that.

~Zuty

Monsoon
06-05-2014, 10:52 PM
(sorry for the late response)

Forever Evil was a short DC tie-in comic that ended last month, which brought in the New 52's version of the Crisis On Two Earths storyline. Each Forever Evil tie-in was seven issues, with four miniseries total (I think?). The principal villains in the arc were the Crime Syndicate, which consists of evil versions of several members of the Justice League:

Ultraman (Superman)
Owlman (Batman)
Superwoman (Wonder Woman)
Johnny Quick (Flash)
Power Ring (Green Lantern)
Atomica (The Atom)
Deathstorm (Firestorm)
Grid (Cyborg)
The Outsider (Alfred Pennyworth)
Alexander Luthor (Lex Luthor, with powers similar to Shazam).

The first eight of those will probably be among the Villain or Supervillain cards in the new set. I'm less certain about Outsider and Alexander Luthor, since Outsider is a non-combatant and Luthor was only in the last two or three issues.

I only read one of the Forever Evil comic series, but the main characters were all on the front of the box: Lex, Catwoman, Black Manta, Bizarro, Sinestro, Black Adam, and Captain Cold. I'd *guess* that those seven could be among the Superhero cards for Forever Evil, but I'm not 100% certain. CZE could very easily adapt eight of the original Supervillain cards from the original DC DBG set and make them into new Superhero cards. Four of them are in that group of seven I just mentioned.

Whatever. It's late at night and I'm just speculating. I'd assume that the Forever Evil expansion has twelve Crime Syndicate guys as Supervillains and eight normal villains as Superheroes, but beyond that I wouldn't count on anything.

dna507
07-07-2014, 02:36 PM
I just hope they FINALLY put Giganta in the dang game already.

DimeDrl
07-07-2014, 07:07 PM
I just hope they FINALLY put Giganta in the dang game already.

How could they? What card could possibly fit her? :p

Monsoon
07-07-2014, 08:45 PM
How could they? What card could possibly fit her? :p
Uh, check dna's post history. He/She really wants Giganta in DCDBG.

Anyhow, I don't remember Giganta having much of a N52 presence at all. Hardly any storylines in the past few years. I think I've seen her in some crowd scenes and that's it. CZE does still dip into pre-Flashpoint stuff on occasion (i.e. all of the Blackest Night stuff from Heroes Unite), but I wouldn't put money on Giganta making it into Crisis or Forever Evil.

StormKing
07-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Uh, check dna's post history. He/She really wants Giganta in DCDBG.

Anyhow, I don't remember Giganta having much of a N52 presence at all. Hardly any storylines in the past few years. I think I've seen her in some crowd scenes and that's it. CZE does still dip into pre-Flashpoint stuff on occasion (i.e. all of the Blackest Night stuff from Heroes Unite), but I wouldn't put money on Giganta making it into Crisis or Forever Evil.

I would bet AT LEAST everything I own that Giganta will be in Forever Evil.

ContraryEmu
07-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Interested to see if any new mechanics will be debuted in this set. Especially excited to see what new banish effects we will have.

aoineko
07-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Interested to see if any new mechanics will be debuted in this set. Especially excited to see what new banish effects we will have.

Well, victory point tokens are mentioned in the details. That's definitely a new mechanic.