PDA

View Full Version : Frost Wizard Bug

Dorne
05-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Name: Dorne

Tournament ID: 11888 - 2nd Match of the 1st Round of Dorne v Arminace

My opponent had a Malice Demon and a Corrupt Harvester attacking. The Malice Demon was a 7/8 from a shield trainer if that matters. I had a Frost Wizard in play under my control. As he attacked I played Repel to kill the Malice Demon, which in turn voided the card because of Frost Wizard. I then was still allowed to select blockers, however there was nothing I could choose to block because the Corrupt Harvester wasn't blockable and that was the only troop currently attacking. As damage was resolved, I took the damage from the Corrupt Harvester and the Malice Demon, even though he was just repelled and voided.

Basically, Malice Demon was still punching from the void after being sent there because of Frost Wizard/Repel mid attack .

Freebird_Falcon
05-14-2014, 01:33 PM
So powerful he crushes through dimensions!?

Iguanaonastick
05-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Same thing happened to me, except the attacker was a Rune Ear Commander - definitely not a void-punching demon

purple-one
06-05-2014, 03:09 AM
I can confirm this bug, troops voided due to the Frost Wizard effect still do their damage. The steps to replicate are easy: Have a Frost Wizard on your side, instead of blocking the attacking troop use a Repel and after combat resolution you will still get the damage of the Repel-ed troop which was voided.

I first noticed this in a draft tournament (15039), which caused me to loose the match. Afterwards I tested this with purpously build decks against a friend to confirm the bug.

rstrbn
06-11-2014, 08:58 PM
I had this happen to me too. Ditto on the bug report! Glad it did not cost me the match.