PDA

View Full Version : Pack Raptor, Replicator's Gambit and Bird o' Plenty

Dorkelvania
05-15-2014, 02:41 AM
Well, something went wrong. I'm not sure where.

Playing a deck I built just for screwing around, I threw some Pack Raptors out and used Replicator's Gambit on one. At some point, I got the replicated one in play, so it spawned all the copies it was supposed to.

The game really started chugging along at that point, but it let play continue. Next turn, my opponent, who was playing a Shin'hare deck with a ton of buffed hoppers on the board played Onslaught and went toe-to-toe with my Pack Raptors.

I was able to fend off the attack, but when I blocked his 17/17 Rune Ear Commander with my Bird O' Plenty, it didn't let me draw anywhere near 17 cards. It was more like a 10-card draw.

Anyhow, five of those 10 cards were more Pack Raptors, so I played them and finished off my opponent. But the game really chugged and stuttered with all the action on the board, and it definitely didn't let me draw enough cards from Bird O' Plenty. I also found that the game couldn't keep up with my spell casting. After I threw down those last five Pack Raptors, it wouldn't let me cast any other spells, even though I still had resources.

It's a pretty rare situation that I might have trouble reproducing, but there ya go.

ossuary
05-15-2014, 06:08 AM
This is actually not a bug.

The pack raptors have swiftstrike, so they killed a bunch of your opponent's troops before the rune ear got to do his damage. When those troops died, rune ear's total attack and defense decreased. There is a known issue where cards that change stats mid-phase do not always immediately update to show the new stats on the warzone (especially if there is a lot going on in the client!). If you had zoomed in on the rune ear, you would have seen its reduced stats then.

So when he actually dealt damage to the Bird o' Plenty, he was only a 10/10 (or whatever), therefore you only drew 10ish cards. :)

Dorkelvania
05-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Aha, thanks! I did still run into problems with the game stuttering to the point of almost crashing as my Pack Raptors replicated and not being able to cast any more spells at a certain point, even though I had the resources. But thank you for the catch on Bird O' Plenty.

ossuary
05-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Sure thing. :)

The client is definitely still laggy and clunky at times, when a lot is going on. Lag caused by heavy load on the client can cause data to be lost to the server (which could result in your experience with not being able to cast spells). That kind of stuff just gets filed under "new game, still in beta" as we know they're going to be making updates to the game client soon(ish).