PDA

View Full Version : Content patching...ever?

bojanglesz
05-16-2014, 08:34 AM
We going to get a content patch soon? Sorry for a relatively negative post, especially given the suit and all that, but 3 weeks into closed beta and we've have had like a 4 bug bugfix patch and that's it. In b4 "it's beta".

Quasari
05-16-2014, 08:39 AM
The next major patch should be the ah. It may still be a few weeks away.

chromus
05-16-2014, 08:47 AM
Maybe you could have waited for today's Friday KS update?

bojanglesz
05-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Maybe you could have waited for today's Friday KS update?

Yeah probably a good idea

zadies
05-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Other then trading there is no PvP content to be added before set 2 and if you think 3 weeks is a long time between sets then there is a serious issue with your expectations.
Also I would rather them take another month on the ah/trading if it avoids a Never winter scenario.

Unhurtable
05-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Other then trading there is no PvP content to be added before set 2 and if you think 3 weeks is a long time between sets then there is a serious issue with your expectations.
Also I would rather them take another month on the ah/trading if it avoids a Never winter scenario.

I think what he is referring to is maybe a PvE dungeon or something, not necessarily a new set. Beta cannot be seen as new content since its essentially alpha with the actual business model.

Rendakor
05-16-2014, 11:35 AM
AH, trading and guilds are all new content.

bojanglesz
05-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Moreso I was getting at the fact that we had weekly Alpha patches, and I guess we're not getting anything like that anymore

Yoss
05-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Moreso I was getting at the fact that we had weekly Alpha patches, and I guess we're not getting anything like that anymore

That was because they had bite-sized updates in the form of individual cards. All those incremental features are basically done. Next up is the AH, which is a giant monster of a feature and won't come easy.

bojanglesz
05-16-2014, 12:04 PM
That was because they had bite-sized updates in the form of individual cards. All those incremental features are basically done. Next up is the AH, which is a giant monster of a feature and won't come easy.

True. Figured QoL/polish type stuff, but they probably are gunning for the features like AH, trading, guilds, etc. before all that

chili
05-16-2014, 07:07 PM
There was no update...

Yoss
05-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Indeed. Is this their first ever missing KS update?

Xenavire
05-16-2014, 08:08 PM
I think they might have skipped some major holidays? Not 100% sure.

poizonous
05-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Guys I really dont think we were logically expecting one. Right now I am sure Cory and the staff are busy with legal documents. I am sure Cory will get us up to date soon

DuroNL
05-17-2014, 05:38 AM
Guys I really dont think we were logically expecting one. Right now I am sure Cory and the staff are busy with legal documents. I am sure Cory will get us up to date soon

That should not really interfere with communication towards the customer, us, Legal issues are a nasty thing, but a company can keep that separate from their normal business, if not then they weren't very prepared for this! Also it would make little sense for developers to be bussy with stuff for a upcoming lawsuit, normally you have your management for that ;)

I don't think the law suite is the reason for missing the KS update on friday, probably something else, or there just was nothing to update *shrugs*

Ebynfel
05-17-2014, 06:48 AM
That should not really interfere with communication towards the customer, us, Legal issues are a nasty thing, but a company can keep that separate from their normal business, if not then they weren't very prepared for this! Also it would make little sense for developers to be bussy with stuff for a upcoming lawsuit, normally you have your management for that ;)

I don't think the law suite is the reason for missing the KS update on friday, probably something else, or there just was nothing to update *shrugs*

That's not 100% the case. We don't know what would be preventing the communication, and if the legal counsel says "Skip this one,: even if it's just so it can be evaluated it's a smart move to listen. Fact is we don't, and likely wont know in this case. They've been incredibly open and helpful in the past, give them the benefit of the doubt. And, there's a difference between prepared for and having a reply ready before it even comes.

bojanglesz
05-17-2014, 07:55 AM
I get not having an update. Silent is probably the way to be until lawyers vet any potential statement. Updates and new features are not under that purview, though.

chili
05-17-2014, 08:11 AM
That's not 100% the case. We don't know what would be preventing the communication, and if the legal counsel says "Skip this one,: even if it's just so it can be evaluated it's a smart move to listen. Fact is we don't, and likely wont know in this case. They've been incredibly open and helpful in the past, give them the benefit of the doubt. And, there's a difference between prepared for and having a reply ready before it even comes.

Perhaps this week's update was Hex: A tribute to Magic! so they had to take it down

Nekrabyte
05-17-2014, 08:28 AM
i think some people were just so used to the small constant updates during alpha..... its very common as a game goes forward in its stages that updates become less often, but more substantial.