PDA

View Full Version : confirmation needded - occasionally missing priorities/phases

Sorl
05-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Is anyone else seeing their phases get skipped once in a while? In particular, I believe I've lost my 2nd main phase several times, and been bumped to the end phase. I say confirmation needed because I do click furiously on the "assign damage" button, and it's possible that I'm accidentally clicking proceed to end, but I don't think that is the case. Perhaps some of these clicks are incorrectly being applied to the proceed button?

Again, I can't say for certain whether this is a bug or user error, but either way it's frustrating losing a game because of it. Would like to know if anyone else is having this issue.

On another note, is it possible to get my forum name changed to my keep name (Pike)?

Sorl
05-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Bumping this because I tested it and believe that something funny is going on. I find that clicking numerous times while damage is being assigned but before the "proceed to 2nd main phase" button comes up sometimes causes the 2nd main phase to be skipped. It's as if some extra clicks are going through.

ylhos
05-20-2014, 06:10 PM
Do you see the "End Phase" clickable at the bottom of the screen? Because if you do, that's the 2nd phase. Clicking on it or [space bar] will end your turn.

Pheelon
05-22-2014, 12:23 PM
what happened for me sometimes was the following: Hitting Space twice and skipping the current and the next phase - seems like the game remebers certain inputs and performs them in chronological order while not checking the state when the input was made.

Idus
05-23-2014, 03:27 PM
what happened for me sometimes was the following: Hitting Space twice and skipping the current and the next phase - seems like the game remebers certain inputs and performs them in chronological order while not checking the state when the input was made.

Yep, I think this is it. The servers seem to have been quite laggy the last few days, and thus issue has gotten worse for me. I think my space presses are being buffered, and therefore being applied to steps that only come up after pressing space. This is extra problematic in drafts, where the quirky timer means you don't want to sit there with a 3 second pause after every priority step, the ensure you're not pressing space too many times.

I think there should be a flush of the keyboard/mouse events in the client when the priority button comes up, but Im guessing it's happening server side, so lag can cause prior client-side events to reach the server in a post-priority manner.