PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect in Draft=GG?

MuffLord4
05-18-2014, 10:27 AM
can't reconnect anymore, data loaded after a DC.

dafuq?

MuffLord4
05-18-2014, 10:30 AM
I didnt even get any reward. I was in round 2/3 basically second place.

Axle
05-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Are you sure its over?

Quasari
05-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Try reconnecting once more, sometimes it takes more than one relog to bring you back in. Otherwise put in a ticket.

MuffLord4
05-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Its over, I was the last remaining player and I DCed. I got 3 boosters but no Gold. Also got a chest I think

MuffLord4
05-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Even got the video basically here since I was streaming for a friend http://www.twitch.tv/makkuntheshibe/b/529963521

MuffLord4
05-18-2014, 11:46 AM
nobody got a reward in the booster I DCed. I feel guilty :(

zadies
05-18-2014, 11:59 AM
They were quite clear in the beta primer that disconnecting was an issue.

Sidetrack
05-18-2014, 05:04 PM
It was stated by CZE that reconnecting is currently buged and not possible. If it happens you are encouraged to contact support to get a free ticket.

Xenavire
05-18-2014, 06:03 PM
It was stated by CZE that reconnecting is currently buged and not possible. If it happens you are encouraged to contact support to get a free ticket.

It is possible, but it isn't reliable. Maybe one in three attempts work? And do-overs don't tend to help much.

Kardh
05-19-2014, 05:13 AM
I've only been disconnected from one draft and for me it pretty much worked to reconnect. I was not disconnected during a game though, but rather when waiting for the second round to start and I logged back in before it started.

I could play the games, but I couldn't access my reserves. Between games I could only sit and wait for the time to expire, but once it did expire it put me back into the game.

Myrgard
05-19-2014, 08:10 AM
It have happened to me one time,

I put a support ticket and received a draft ticket(2 boosters and 10000 gold from the prize).

Their support is beeing really nice, so no worries when a bug occurs.

EntropyBall
05-19-2014, 08:14 AM
I've only been disconnected from one draft and for me it pretty much worked to reconnect. I was not disconnected during a game though, but rather when waiting for the second round to start and I logged back in before it started.

I could play the games, but I couldn't access my reserves. Between games I could only sit and wait for the time to expire, but once it did expire it put me back into the game.

I had this exact same experience with my one disconnect.

nicosharp
05-19-2014, 08:52 AM
This happened to me about 3 times over the weekend. Submit a ticket. They are pretty good about compensating, but only respond Monday-Friday.

MasterN64
05-19-2014, 12:58 PM
I had this happen to me the other day and i submitted a ticket and didnt get a replacement ticket for it myself. It auto forfeited me on the first match and i couldnt swap out for the sidedeck between matches. Ended up winning the second match and losing the third and dropping me out of the tourney.

nicosharp
05-19-2014, 01:43 PM
I had this happen to me the other day and i submitted a ticket and didnt get a replacement ticket for it myself. It auto forfeited me on the first match and i couldnt swap out for the sidedeck between matches. Ended up winning the second match and losing the third and dropping me out of the tourney.
Well, my problem was similar, but I didn't get to complete the full round. It sounds like you had limited functionality but were still able to play the entire round. Did they already respond to your ticket and did you take a screenshot? I have one more ticket pending that is similar to what you explained above, but I am pretty sure the outcome should be the same.

Hibbert
05-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Is it standard for a disconnect during a tournament to not actually kick you out of the client?

I was just in a draft and the first game started up very laggy. My opponent seemed to be taking a while to do anything, and their time would go way down, then slightly back up when they actually did something. On the fourth turn, after activating my war hulk construction plans at the end of my opponent's turn, my timer started going down, but I didn't have a pass priority button.

I waited it out for a good while, but nothing happened. I reported a bugged game, which dumped me into an empty lobby for the draft(the results and pairings weren't shown). I also couldn't see new chat or talk in chat. By the time I tried restarting the Hex client, I'm sure i was past any sort of chance for a reconnect(I'm sure the 5 minute inactivity timer would have been tripped).

I put in a ticket, but I'm wondering what is the best way to handle that if it happens again. If I get an unresponsive game, should I exit out of the client quickly and hope to maybe get back in? I'd feel a lot better if the client had just dumped me to the desktop, I was afraid that exiting might cause more problems than it would solve.

DionyzRex
05-21-2014, 09:10 AM
The last paragraph of https://hextcg.com/closed-beta-primer/ :

What currently happens is that players will reconnect to the match being played, but be dropped from the tournament. We understand that you may occasionally lose connection or your computer may hiccup, causing the game to close. When this happens, we treat it as a customer service issue and want to do right by you, the player. In that situation, you should register at Support.HEXTCG.com and open a ticket with your Family Name and Tournament ID. You will keep all the cards you’ve collected so far and we will provide you a ticket for entry into the tournament that you were in. The goal of this is to provide customer service while we work to implement tournament reconnect, not to allow players to intentionally crash their games and submit fraudulent refund requests. Players will have a limited number of these requests that they can submit, and we will evaluate them on a case-by-case basis.

As has been stated by other people in this thread, reconnection bugs are known issues. It is possible it works in some cases, but in most, it's not possible currently. These should be all fixed in an upcoming patch. :)

Xenavire
05-21-2014, 09:28 AM
These should be all fixed in an upcoming patch. :)

I can't wait for a new patch... *hint hint*

Vorpal
05-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Put in a support ticket. You should get a free draft ticket to compensate you.

As far as reconnecting goes, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't work the first time, exit (not log off) the entire client and try once or twice more. Sometimes that has worked for me.