PDA

View Full Version : Is Bun'jitsu completely broken?

Zomnivore
05-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Did cze ever clarify how revert works in regards to positive buffs on your own troops?

I mean you can buff a troop, then Bun'jitsu and the buff isn't reverted.

Is that correct?

Or is the text on Bun'Jitsu just functionally not accurate?

ossuary
05-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Bun'Jitsu doesn't revert OR transform. It voids the two ready troops, then creates a fresh troop from scratch with their combined attack and defense each plus 3.

Zombie Plague says "revert and transform" so you always get a 2/2 no matter what, with no other buffs applied (from the old troop). It's a functionally different mechanic.

Vampire King JUST says transform, so it takes the original troop, transforms that into a 2/2, and keeps any other permanent buffs that were applied (so if you time ripple their 10/10 Honeycap back to their hand then hit it with Vampire King, you'll end up with a 12/12 flying lifelink vampire with casting cost 3).

But Bun'Jitsu doesn't do either revert or transform, so it just takes the total attack and defense of the two troops, with all buffs or debuffs counted, and combines them (plus 3). The original two troops will then be in the void (and if you have some way in the future to mess with voided cards, you could get them back and still have your abomination).

Xenavire
05-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Actually, Zombie plague is just 'Void. Create a 2/2'.

ossuary
05-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Oh yeah right, I forgot they changed that one too. :)

Point stands, though. That's how revert and transform WOULD work, but Bun'Jitsu doesn't say that.

Zomnivore
05-18-2014, 07:26 PM
I could've sworn the text in game is "revert"

ossuary
05-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Used to be, some time ago. :)

Zomnivore
05-19-2014, 12:17 AM
...I mean I swear I saw "revert" in a recent draft...

I was like oh snap am I exploiting? In the moment. I don't think I would've thought that if I hadn't read it.

So...maybe the draft one is different, or maybe brain-slugs are screwing me up.