PDA

View Full Version : cant pay for more platinum, and gameforge rant

thrice801
05-18-2014, 05:08 PM
When I try to buy more platinum via paypal, it says sorry this payment method not available at this time please try again later. But in the params says something about being blacklisted. Im just trying to give you my money Hex!!

Also my debit card wont work, even though theres nothing wrong with it. And they dont even ask me for billing zip code when I enter it, which is usually required to process payment? The whole game forge thing is a joke imo, I dont know how they are even a company or why anyone would go through them. All the payment methods they allow outside of paypal and credit card look scammy, and Ive seen geocities pages that required more skill to create then their joke of a support ticket management area.

Please tell me how to get this resolved, as its took my last ticket 4 days to even get a reply by gameforge!!

P.S. if anyone from Hex team reads this (which I hope someone will as Im trying to give you my money), if there is really such a lack of solutions in the industry for the payment processing/support ticket management space, Id be happy to build a solution and charge you significantly less than gameforge does currently. It blows my mind that anyone would use such an awful service, let alone pay for it.

I mean.. the support ticket form, with the questions embedded as placeholders in the body of the text field, ARE YOU SERIOUS GAMEFORGE???

Xenavire
05-18-2014, 06:05 PM
If you searched for this you should have found a couple of threads about it. But Gameforge is in Germany, and they have strict laws about this (I believe to protect minors?) Because they handle the payments, we just have to accept it.

I think you can open a support ticket to be whitelisted, but I hope someone who knows more than me drops in to say how they got off the blacklist.

And tickets should be resolved overnight on weekdays, usually. Weekends they don't work.

zadies
05-18-2014, 06:10 PM
You know I have to wonder how many people are either dumping hundreds of dollars into this game like Colin or else just trying to save a few pennies buying the 5.00 one not reading the fact that there is a transaction limit.

Kroan
05-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Those pennies add up man!!!

Athravan
05-19-2014, 02:13 AM
You know I have to wonder how many people are either dumping hundreds of dollars into this game like Colin or else just trying to save a few pennies buying the 5.00 one not reading the fact that there is a transaction limit.

Or maybe they should adjust the prices so it's not cheaper to buy the lowest price (I'm not saying to make it cheaper the more you buy - just make it the same across the board), and then they wouldn't have to deal with all these support tickets about it :P It still makes no sense that the lowest number of platinum is the best value.

thrice801
05-19-2014, 06:23 AM
Ive been buying in 50-100$ increments. Still no answer from gameforge support.

zadies
05-19-2014, 06:47 AM
There are sales/pyscological studies at play with the pricing and 20c is not going to have any sort of real impact.