PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Spiritwalker

TheSwallowsNest
05-19-2014, 01:37 AM
Card text:

When this troop attacks choose target troop you control. The next time that troop would be dealt damage this game, prevent it.

2 Problems:

1. Can't tell which creature opponent has chosen. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

2. This prevents damage for multiple attacks not just the "next time". I had a game where Mystic spirit walker was played and it was used to buff a phoenix guard trainer. The first time I attacked lethal damage (to the trainer) was prevented, but then the second time the next turn later it was also prevented. I don't know if it would also prevent damage a 3rd or 4th time, but it could be a permanent prevent damage. Both instances of damage prevention were after the spirit walker was removed. It attacked once before I could remove it and thus only buffed the phoenix guard trainer once. Multiple instances of damage prevention clearly violates the "next time" aspect of the card text

nekoangel
05-19-2014, 03:52 AM
not sure about point 2 but for point 1 when a card or effect is on the chain if you mouse over it it should show the target with a line to it.
havent tested it with this card specifically but thats just general knowledge concerning targets.

zadies
05-19-2014, 06:54 AM
The issue is the opponent doesn't get priority for this chain event so if the person playing spriritwalker passes quickly there is no way to tell.