PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you the story, a story on the uncontrolled birth rate of rabbits.

Diesbudt
05-19-2014, 03:09 PM
Rabbits. They need to be kept in check. Let me tell you, their carrot guzzling, hip-hoppiting ways needs to stop. Now you may be asking why, why would mr. meanie hate on rabbits? Well I shall tell you why.

Put together a shin'hare deck (wild blood) and filled it with goodies. After getting control of the board from my opponent, I got out a concubunny + Wretched blood + 2 Ritulist of the spring litter (RoSL). Next time my turn came around, of course my Concubunny decided to breed me another RoSL and which procced into 3. For a total of 6. Then of course the Wretched blood activated and gave me 6 0/1 shin'hare.

Now this sounds all good and such right? WRONG. In 4 turns I lost. I lost due to a 5minute time out. Because in the end I had 17 ROSL on the field, along with so many other troops and tokens that when my turn came around, Concubunny summoned 1 (which became 18) Bucktooth Commanders. Each one took over 20s to resolve in game of play because it had to give +1/+1 to every troop on my side of the field. So after 5 minutes of the board trying to summon 18 more troops onto a board with already near 200. Game not only crawled to a stand still, but I lost to time out.

...and I had a mushwocky in hand :(

The End

DataDragon
05-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Looking into this.

Oroniss
05-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I had the same problem back in alpha. I had Uzume hit Ritualist about 5 times, and ended up with 31 of the little guys in play, so every turn she would create 32 of something. Sometimes it resolved in a few seconds, but when it hit sensei of the wounded petal, bucktooth commander or rune ear commander, it took a long time to figure out.

I also lost to timeout, though I could have won on many occasions throughout the game, I just wanted to see how crazy it could get. Short answer, pretty crazy.

Diesbudt
05-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Well I wasn't exactly posting this as a complaint or something needed to look into, because when there already is close to 200 creatures in play I understand the lag/slow time and I doubt this would ever happen in a real game (as I could have won many turns prior).

It was just a fun short story of the insanity known as Shin'hare.

Morgaln
05-20-2014, 03:06 AM
Well I wasn't exactly posting this as a complaint or something needed to look into, because when there already is close to 200 creatures in play I understand the lag/slow time and I doubt this would ever happen in a real game (as I could have won many turns prior).

It was just a fun short story of the insanity known as Shin'hare.

As many people have said in other threads, it does need looking into. You can easily have more than 10 troops in a real game and a system needs to be implemented where I don't waste 5 minutes trying to click on tiny pixels.

ossuary
05-20-2014, 04:25 AM
More importantly, the timer should never be running when you don't have control. Animations need to be free time, even if that means a tournament match goes slightly over an hour. Milling, resolving troops, or processing comes into play abilities shouldn't cost anything, since you have no control over them. Animations shouldn't cause you to lose games.

DocX
05-20-2014, 05:36 AM
More importantly, the timer should never be running when you don't have control. Animations need to be free time, even if that means a tournament match goes slightly over an hour. Milling, resolving troops, or processing comes into play abilities shouldn't cost anything, since you have no control over them. Animations shouldn't cause you to lose games.

THIS! THIS! A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!

Timers going when I'm deciding to mulligan? Totally cool. Timers going while the shuffling in and out of the cards is happening? Totally uncool. Timers going when I'm deciding what card to play? Totally cool. Timers going while the effects are resolving and the effects are happening on screen? Totally uncool.

Especially in tournaments.

Especially in game 3 of tournaments.

Especially in game 3 of tournaments when I'm drawing into my deck for the answer I know is there and hitting the space bar Every. Single. Time. It. Comes. Up. and my available time goes from 1 minute to 0 seconds based on animation times.

And I know it was said this is a known issue on in-game chat and it's one of many, but I needed to a) vent frustration and b) agree with ossuary's post on this.

Chance
05-20-2014, 07:56 AM
THIS! THIS! A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!

Timers going when I'm deciding to mulligan? Totally cool. Timers going while the shuffling in and out of the cards is happening? Totally uncool. Timers going when I'm deciding what card to play? Totally cool. Timers going while the effects are resolving and the effects are happening on screen? Totally uncool.

Especially in tournaments.

Especially in game 3 of tournaments.

Especially in game 3 of tournaments when I'm drawing into my deck for the answer I know is there and hitting the space bar Every. Single. Time. It. Comes. Up. and my available time goes from 1 minute to 0 seconds based on animation times.

And I know it was said this is a known issue on in-game chat and it's one of many, but I needed to a) vent frustration and b) agree with ossuary's post on this.

this man knows my feel, god its such a doomed state when you have 5 mins left and you know for a fact spamming spacebar isnt going to cut it but you try anyways as that stupid fucking timer seals your fate. They might as well add that sonic underwater breath song that plays cause its the exact same unprecended fear.

Diesbudt
05-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Actually my clock snapped back to the time I had prior to the 18 commanders resolving when they were finishing. It was the 5 minutes you have not done anything on your turn timer that hit me, because each commander had to interact with all 200ish cards on the field.