PDA

View Full Version : Comet strike

Diesbudt
05-20-2014, 06:45 PM
So, goofing around and looking for fun things to do, I found a legit use for comet strike. Yes, it's rare at being useful still, but the combo worked well enough. It may or may not took 15 games to pull it off correctly but it did.

Basically all it is, solitary exile your own creature(s). Then cast comet strike. Comet strike whipes the board, hand and discard pile. After that solitary exiles effect activates. Since it left field of play, the troops it voided comes back into play.

I am listening for any other fun/possible combos with comet strike!

Quasari
05-20-2014, 07:04 PM
The most common one is Plan C->Respond with Comet Strike. Comet Strike clears the field/hands and plan C then fills your side with at least 6 3/3 troops ready to kill the next turn.

Vorpal
05-21-2014, 09:40 AM
I was wondering if solitary exile might also be a way to make trial by faith more reasonable but haven't been able to test it myself.

Falcongold
05-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Lord adam > pop triumverate, respond with comet strike. All 3 guys get removed immediately, comet strike resolves, triumverate resolves.

Shirik
05-21-2014, 10:34 AM
It may or may not took 15 games to pull it off correctly but it did.
This is why I love playing combo decks. You may not win very often, but when you pull it off, you leave your opponent stunned and it's immensely gratifying. That's far more fun for me :)

MatWith1T
05-21-2014, 12:05 PM
This is why I love playing combo decks. You may not win very often, but when you pull it off, you leave your opponent stunned and it's immensely gratifying. That's far more fun for me :)

Like my accidental Shadowgrove Witch/Bird of Plenty combo... left everyone totally stunned :-P

Incindium
05-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Like my accidental Shadowgrove Witch/Bird of Plenty combo... left everyone totally stunned :-P

Whats the combo? I don't see how they would combo unless there is a bug.

MatWith1T
05-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Whats the combo? I don't see how they would combo unless there is a bug.

It was a bug I reported over in the Bug Report Forum... my Bird got the -2/-2 debuff and then suddenly out of nowhere I won the game. The other guy never saw it coming!