PDA

View Full Version : Troops skip attack after gaining late Swiftstrike

Freebird_Falcon
05-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Cast a Ruby Aura on a troop after the Swiftstrike step of my other troop (after deciding I needed to try and push the extra damage). However, the aura'd troop skipped it's combat instead, since it was now flagged for the previous step. I believe this was an issue in a previous build as well.

repro:
Enter combat with 1 swiftstrike troop and 1 normal troop.
Allow swiftstrike step to resolve.
Cast Ruby Aura on other troop.
Resolve normal combat and watch that troop's damage fizzle.

ossuary
05-21-2014, 03:05 PM
It's not an issue, it's intended functionality. Don't give your own troops swiftstrike after swiftstrike damage has already been dealt. :)

Xenavire
05-21-2014, 05:12 PM
It's not an issue, it's intended functionality. Don't give your own troops swiftstrike after swiftstrike damage has already been dealt. :)

I dont think it should be intended and I dont remember getting confirmation on it. Just because a troop gains the keyword doesn't mean they should lose their damage. Otherwise you could just simply use swiftstrike to nullify your opponents troops and potentially kill them without trading. (Although, thinking about it, adding swiftstrike should kill the opposing troop anyway, unless you multiblock.)

Everything about it feels like a bug, is non-intuitive, and seems open for abuse. If this is intended, I have a bone to pick with a dev...

Werlix
05-21-2014, 09:08 PM
I dont think it should be intended and I dont remember getting confirmation on it. Just because a troop gains the keyword doesn't mean they should lose their damage. Otherwise you could just simply use swiftstrike to nullify your opponents troops and potentially kill them without trading. (Although, thinking about it, adding swiftstrike should kill the opposing troop anyway, unless you multiblock.)

Everything about it feels like a bug, is non-intuitive, and seems open for abuse. If this is intended, I have a bone to pick with a dev...

This is an interesting case and one I've never thought of... but really, why should it still attack when it has swiftstrike? Swiftstrike troops deal damage during the swiftstrike phase which has already passed. I admit it doesn't seem intuative but this is a video game that follows strict rules.

Voormas
05-21-2014, 11:48 PM
In the FAQ it states "If a troop gains Swiftstrike after other troops with Swiftstrike have dealt their combat damage, it will deal damage with the non-Swiftstrike troops during that combat instead" so yea this would be a bug

Xenavire
05-22-2014, 03:43 AM
This is an interesting case and one I've never thought of... but really, why should it still attack when it has swiftstrike? Swiftstrike troops deal damage during the swiftstrike phase which has already passed. I admit it doesn't seem intuative but this is a video game that follows strict rules.

Just because a troop 'learns' how to be faster, doesn't mean it can be faster during that attack. But why would a troop 'forget' how to fight?

Makes no sense, and Voormas has the proof I guess. I never ran into this bug, but it should be dealt with soon.

Werlix
05-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Just because a troop 'learns' how to be faster, doesn't mean it can be faster during that attack. But why would a troop 'forget' how to fight?

Makes no sense, and Voormas has the proof I guess. I never ran into this bug, but it should be dealt with soon.

Oh I agree, I said it doesn't seem intuative.

But regardless, Voormas has found the relevant section of the FAQ so it would seem to be a bug.

Jeevus
05-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Not to mention this could be abused in a few scenariuos with for example ruby aura on an opposing creature for a pseudo removal.

Should be fixed asap.