PDA

View Full Version : "Earn Platinum" options experience

c_wraith
05-21-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm currently unemployed (happened after the kickstarter), and I thought I'd check out the "Earn Platinum" options. Both are standard rewards systems. Both can be used to get small amounts of platinum for free.

Overall, on a 10-point rating scale, I'd put using them as "so scummy it will damage the game's reputation."

Please, CZE. You're better than this. At the very least, put that on a different page so that people going to buy platinum don't see it. Even better, get out of that business completely.

Viziroth
05-21-2014, 08:15 PM
They aren't in charge of it; until platinum purchases are made internal, Gameforge (a german company) is running platinum purchases. The offers are through them, not HEX.

Rendakor
05-21-2014, 09:19 PM
We had a huge thread about this already. Maybe go find and bump it, instead of making a new one to rehash a discussion we've already done to death?

Banquetto
05-22-2014, 12:51 AM
Overall, on a 10-point rating scale, I'd put using them as "so scummy it will damage the game's reputation."
Agreed 100%.

We had a huge thread about this already. Maybe go find and bump it, instead of making a new one to rehash a discussion we've already done to death?
Agreed 100% here, too, though. c_wraith, check out http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35093 if you want to add your 2c.

Glae
05-23-2014, 06:06 AM
Those sites always have scams like these. They are all scams, and you will never get rewards from them.

blakegrandon
05-23-2014, 06:35 AM
They aren't in charge of it; until platinum purchases are made internal, Gameforge (a german company) is running platinum purchases. The offers are through them, not HEX.

That's actually a lie, Cryptozoic absolutely has control over the platinum offers according to Cory.

I have been assured that the services linked to "free" platinum are trusted providers and should be fine, clearly if we find out that is not the case we will discontinue it immediately. Also, that platinum isn't free, the sponsor pays for it, so it ends up back in the HEX ecosystem.

That was Cory on 4/29/14, it's been over two weeks since they responded at all to concerns about sponsorpay and the legitimacy of the "sponsors".

The sponsors are shady, the "surveys" are extremely questionable, and they're definitely not trustworthy. These aren't sponsors like Coca Cola, these are random companies grabbing information in exchange for pennies while they masquerade as legitimate companies.

mudkip
05-23-2014, 07:30 AM
Agreed 100% here, too, though. c_wraith, check out http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35093 if you want to add your 2c.

Yeah please bump it. It's pretty embarrassing.

Viziroth
05-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Those sites always have scams like these. They are all scams, and you will never get rewards from them. They aren't all scams, I've earned almost 800 plat. You just need to know how to play the system. Or only do surveys you'll qualify for.

Krzysiaczek
05-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Where are these surveys guys? Can't find them : /

incitfulmonk21
05-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Where are these surveys guys? Can't find them : /

Probably a good thing but I am not to judge how people get platinum so I will tell you.

Go in game -> buy platinum -> gives you choice to buy or earn platinum. Just be careful some ask for a lot of sensitive information or worse yet allow for you to download malware if you aren't careful.

Krzysiaczek
05-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Probably a good thing but I am not to judge how people get platinum so I will tell you.

Go in game -> buy platinum -> gives you choice to buy or earn platinum. Just be careful some ask for a lot of sensitive information or worse yet allow for you to download malware if you aren't careful.

I think that option is just not available for Poland and that's why i couldn't find it :) Not a big loss, reading the opinions about it.

Shivdaddy
05-25-2014, 12:26 PM
I love the Free Plat. I have got 534 plat so far. Just target the ones that "look legit."

FlyingMeatchip
05-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Exactly what ones pay out....I wasted a half an hour looking over offers. Which I will never get back.....My Verdict: Scam.

Viziroth
05-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Exactly what ones pay out....I wasted a half an hour looking over offers. Which I will never get back.....My Verdict: Scam. The offers change on a daily basis, there's no way to tell you which one's will pay out. Generally if the site is one you recognize(like netflix was doing one for a while), it's a survey for under 70 plat, or it's one of those 2 or 10 plat just need to visit the site ones, it'll pay out almost guaranteed. Any offer that gives you more than 100plat, expect to take about an hour or require a credit card. The big problem with doing the survey ones, though, is you could spend 5 to 10 minutes taking the qualifying survey, just to find out you don't qualify for the part that actually pays you. Another issue is a lot of the offers have a quota, where they'll only pay like the first 1000 people to check the offer and the offer is valid for almost every game on the site, not just hex, so they'll often expire because of people on the more popular games sites and it just hasn't been removed from the list yet, because the list only updates every couple hours. Actually making money from sponsor offers is a lot of work, that's why the people who do it for a living devote all their time to it and there's entire books about how to play the system. I used to make money on the superpoints site before it closed down. I made about $100 over the course of a month or so just by taking surveys while I was bored in class. Many of these offers are scams(any of the 20 things for $1 ones for example), but most of them are legit market research or website traffic boosters. This is not a way to get easy and quick money though, this is actual work. People get paid to do nothing but this, so don't expect it to be easy, they're just looking for cheaper labor.

Svenn
05-27-2014, 07:36 AM
The offers change on a daily basis, there's no way to tell you which one's will pay out. Generally if the site is one you recognize(like netflix was doing one for a while), it's a survey for under 70 plat, or it's one of those 2 or 10 plat just need to visit the site ones, it'll pay out almost guaranteed. Any offer that gives you more than 100plat, expect to take about an hour or require a credit card. The big problem with doing the survey ones, though, is you could spend 5 to 10 minutes taking the qualifying survey, just to find out you don't qualify for the part that actually pays you. Another issue is a lot of the offers have a quota, where they'll only pay like the first 1000 people to check the offer and the offer is valid for almost every game on the site, not just hex, so they'll often expire because of people on the more popular games sites and it just hasn't been removed from the list yet, because the list only updates every couple hours. Actually making money from sponsor offers is a lot of work, that's why the people who do it for a living devote all their time to it and there's entire books about how to play the system. I used to make money on the superpoints site before it closed down. I made about $100 over the course of a month or so just by taking surveys while I was bored in class. Many of these offers are scams(any of the 20 things for $1 ones for example), but most of them are legit market research or website traffic boosters. This is not a way to get easy and quick money though, this is actual work. People get paid to do nothing but this, so don't expect it to be easy, they're just looking for cheaper labor.
This is pretty good advice. I use another site for this stuff that has these offers and more (and I've used it to get CVS gift cards to turn into Hex Platinum since that's an option), and if you know what you are doing you can do fairly well with them. It's not an amazing return on time investment, but you can make decent money with time if you know what you are doing. The biggest problem with things not paying out is, as Viz mentioned, that offers have a quota and often the quota is met but you aren't really informed or it simple redirects you somewhere else when you click it (which is sometimes obvious and other times you think you "completed" something but you completed a different thing not related to the offer you clicked).