PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Different color for attacks on mouse over

AstaSyneri
05-22-2014, 12:59 AM
Hi!

Last night my King Gabriel Diamond draft deck ran into Sapphire Ruby Dwarf deck (incidentally played by a friend of mine). He quickly had 8-10 troops on the table. On a vital attack I had a Time Ripple on my hand and attacked full out for the win.

He had just enough ATT on the board to kill my faithful wolf, but I had a really hard time picking out the correct one, because there were like 7-8 colored lines crossing and recrossing the battlefield.

At the time I was getting hasty because I was tired and I have been screwed by a time window running out before I could decide on my course of action (why does that need to be that limited? :( ) and picked the wrong troop to send to my opponent's hand.

Suggestion (maybe it's already in there): If you mouseover one of your troops in a battle, why don't you color all attack lines targeting it (from blockers) in a different color, say blue? That would make it a lot easier to identify who's blocking who.

If this feature is already implemented and I just didn't see it, I'll go stand in the corner, ashamed.

Xenavire
05-22-2014, 03:46 AM
By 'time window', do you mean the 5 minute activity timer? Because that is in place to prevent people from going AFK for the full time when it is obvious they can't win.

It is an 'anti-jerk' feature. :p

cferejohn
05-22-2014, 09:13 AM
Kind of a big ask, but a way to turn off the cute but confusing 3D would be nice. Kind of like the later Civilization games did.

Yoss
05-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Straight lines instead of arcs would help too, but the OP suggestion is reasonable.

EntropyBall
05-23-2014, 07:16 AM
At the time I was getting hasty because I was tired and I have been screwed by a time window running out before I could decide on my course of action (why does that need to be that limited? :( ) and picked the wrong troop to send to my opponent's hand.

If you are referring to a timer that automatically goes down and passes priority, you can turn that off in the Phase Stops menu. Its that little half-circle on the left side of the screen. I believe its a slider on the bottom of that window. If changing that slider doesn't get rid of the 10 sec timer, try restoring defaults.

mudkip
05-23-2014, 07:28 AM
A similar complaint, I'd like to see card moving either disabled completely (option) or at least disabled for attack phase. A few times I've accidentally dragged the card instead of setting it to attack and hitting space before I realize. I don't think it's cost me any games yet.

DoctorJoe
05-23-2014, 10:40 AM
I agree that the visual representations during troop combat need work. I hated this in Duels of the Planeswalkers, and it is just as bad here. Hopefully CZE has this on their to-do list. It's manageable on my large desktop monitor, but seems like it would be a real limiting factor for tablet users.