PDA

View Full Version : Wind Whisperer priority problem

jonsnow2000
05-22-2014, 05:24 PM
I have a question about "Wind Whisperer", the Coyotle troop that can tap out and exhaust another troop. A couple of days ago, I played against someone who had it on their side. We were locked in a stalemate. I had a big troop out that couldnt be blocked by him (dont remember which), but due to his Whisperer I never got to actually attack with it. He always waited until it was my turn and then used him to exhaust my big troop before i could declare attack. It didnt matter if I played a card before the attack phase or if I went straight through, he always got to use him. So I thought, wow that is pretty cool.

Sometime later in a draft I picked the guy remembering how he was such a big help to my opponent. But for some reason, it didnt work for me. Whenever my opponent in that draft started his turn, he somehow managed to go straight through to his attack phase, tapping his troops to attack before I could use the whisperer.

So... what happened there? Which behaviour is intended / correct, and which was bugged?

Lawlschool
05-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Check that you don't have some of your priority phases auto-skipped. You can adjust phases by clicking on the icons on the left in a game.

Shirik
05-22-2014, 05:28 PM
It should not be possible to go straight to the attack phase. He starts with priority in his first main phase, but to get to the combat phase, he has to pass priority. You want to use it right there, in the first main phase, while you have priority, prior to combat.

(There are other times you could use it too, but that's the most obvious.)

EDIT: Also, what Lawlschool said.

jonsnow2000
05-22-2014, 06:03 PM
ok thx guys, will check that next time.

Eierdotter
05-23-2014, 02:53 AM
thats a fun/unfun behaviour
as the attacker you can gamble that the opponent has not set his prioritys and therefor you skip to the declare attackers phase and simply attack without him beeing able to respond.

If you set all your prioritys (should be default in PVP IMO!)
You could exhaust the troop:
- before the card draw
- at the end of MP1
- between start of combatphase and declaring attackers
- in response to everything that went on the stack/chain

Glae
05-23-2014, 05:47 AM
Just remember that you can't exhaust something else to prevent it from exhausting *or* to respond to it exhausting. The effect still resolves either way, somewhat unlike the rest if the chain.

I too have been blown out by this card.

Showsni
05-23-2014, 06:10 AM
thats a fun/unfun behaviour
as the attacker you can gamble that the opponent has not set his prioritys and therefor you skip to the declare attackers phase and simply attack without him beeing able to respond.

It's usually good play to do everything in your post combat main phase anyway.

Glae
05-23-2014, 08:06 AM
But that wouldn't work in this case. You'd exhaust their creature during your turn, then it just immediately rests during their turn.