PDA

View Full Version : Think there will be a patch today???

Zarien
05-23-2014, 08:30 AM
I hope there is a patch today. It would be perfect timing for them to release a content patch before memorial day weekend and to get everyone's mind off of the lawsuit. What do you all think? I'm going to call it now and say it's a patch day.

hex_colin
05-23-2014, 08:32 AM
I hope there is a patch today. It would be perfect timing for them to release a content patch before memorial day weekend and to get everyone's mind off of the lawsuit. What do you all think? I'm going to call it now and say it's a patch day.

I'd be surprised if we saw anything headed into the holiday weekend (Memorial Day in the US on Monday).

Now, after everyone has had a few days off, that could be better timing.

chromus
05-23-2014, 08:40 AM
I'd be surprised if we saw anything headed into the holiday weekend (Memorial Day in the US on Monday).

Now, after everyone has had a few days off, that could be better timing.

So that means no AH for another week... May 30th release is the best-case scenario?

Xenavire
05-23-2014, 08:59 AM
Without 24 hour warning, and on a Friday to boot... I am saying no chance in hell what with the US holiday this weekend.

Which is making me very sad, patch days are my favourite days haha. Better be ready by next Wednesday/Thursday.

Showsni
05-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Well, it's Whitsuntide bank holiday on monday in the UK, so that will probably affect things. (Or not.)

Xenavire
05-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Well, it's Whitsuntide bank holiday on monday in the UK, so that will probably affect things. (Or not.)

I don't think the dev team will celebrate international holidays. They might be indirectly impacted by German holidays however.

bojanglesz
05-23-2014, 09:18 AM
4.5 weeks no patches. Beta is a great!

hex_colin
05-23-2014, 09:29 AM
4.5 weeks no patches. Beta is a great!

The client was patched 10 days ago. The server has been patched multiple times that haven't been announced because they didn't impact ongoing games/tournaments.

Athravan
05-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Problem with releasing things before a holiday weekend is that if something goes wrong - where are the staff to fix it? No one wants t miss their holiday weekend because of an unforseen technical problem that they now have to fix. Would be unwise so I very much doubt it.

nicosharp
05-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Outlook not so good. They usually announce it 24 hours in advance.
With an extended weekend, Monday being a national holiday here, there probably is not a lot of hope for bug squashing crews to be on deck to battle the back splash created by a new update.

Lets cross our fingers for next week. 5 weeks seems to be a good indicator for "a few weeks after closed beta launch" to see the auction house and trading.

bojanglesz
05-23-2014, 09:50 AM
The client was patched 10 days ago. The server has been patched multiple times that haven't been announced because they didn't impact ongoing games/tournaments.

We can play the semantics game, but a 6-bug bugfix patch isn't exactly what we're talking about when people ask if a patch is coming this week.

nicosharp
05-23-2014, 09:52 AM
We can play the semantics game, but a 6-bug bugfix patch isn't exactly what we're talking about when people ask if a patch is coming this week.

With that said, the next few patches are going to be big content updates, and potentially UI updates. Given how long it took to get to here, we need to be fairly realistic with our expectations.

bootlace
05-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Starting to feel like we won't get anything until "they who must not be named's" patent expires on June 22.

Diesbudt
05-23-2014, 10:20 AM
I want a Friday update on where they are at in development of AH, guilds, and PvE. Especially PvE. I want my PvE.

mudkip
05-23-2014, 01:37 PM
I want my PvE.
Everyone does :)

Indormi
05-26-2014, 05:33 AM
They said on twitter that they will anounce the when the ah is coming in a friday update prior to the release, (or something similar to that). Basically this means that no ah at the very least until first week of june. (If it is anounced fr 30)