PDA

View Full Version : Came across this today for preorder

billyr
05-23-2014, 10:31 AM
DC Comics: Deckbuilding Game RIVALS Batman vs The Joker

Can Batman take down The Joker - or go mad trying? The action is fast and furious in the DC Comics Deckbuilding Game: Rivals - Batman vs The Joker, as players vie to add the right mix of components to their decks, then launch attacks directly at their arch nemesis! The first player to drop their opponent three times wins the game!

Product Details

Category: Strategy Games
Sub Category: Comics
Ages: 12 - 99
Players: 2 - 5
Play Time: 45 - 60 minutes
Publisher: Cryptozoic Entertainment
SKU: CZE01752
Mechanics: Deck Building
MSRP: $20.00

Zuty
05-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Sounds interesting ... I wonder how exactly this will be played; you'd think a game with 'Rivals' in the title would only be a two player game, but the information says 2 to 5 players ... Interesting ...

~Zuty

Matt_Hyra
05-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Should indeed say 2 Players... and 30 minutes

razinrakun
05-26-2014, 12:24 AM
Matt, I figure this would be its own stand alone game. Will the first prints feature any promo cards? Thank You.

Matt_Hyra
05-26-2014, 10:36 AM
No promo cards for this standalone game. Though many of the cards can be integrated into one of your other main decks.

DimeDrl
05-31-2014, 02:38 PM
Will the cards on this set have an icon to make them simple to separate if cards from it are mixed into the other sets?

As of now when I mix Vanilla and HU, I use the (s12) and (s13) at the bottom to split the sets after, but with so many releases this year, a lack of a mark will make the sorting process more of a pain as time goes on without some type of logo for each set.

Matt_Hyra
05-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Yes, we are adding set tags to the bottom of new sets. Crisis cards say "Crisis" at the bottom. Forever Evil have an "FE" and etc.