PDA

View Full Version : Rune Ear Commander / Protectorate Sorcerer

aatttt
05-23-2014, 12:03 PM
I played a draft today where two bugs happend.

1. protectorate Sorcers ability to exhaust an opposing troop didnt go on the stack. i think this was a one time error, but excactly at the moment i want to stoneskin this ability it glitched and skipped the priority on my part. Migth be a server issue or something like that.

the second bug is a real bug:

Rune Ear Commander was buffed by evolve and by severel other troops in play. I played reversion on him. In my understanding this should have killed him. but he reverted to a 1/1 and then back to 10/10 (he was 11/11 prior to the reversion).

zadies
05-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Given the rune ear commander counts as a troop in play it is always a 1/1

Erebus
05-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Rune Ear Commander is working as intended.

Reversion gets rid of permanent modifiers on a card, they change the card text and stats to it's original state. Since Rune Ear Commander's text says he gets +1/+1 per shin'hare in play, this ability stays after reversion and is constantly checked (I refer to this as a global modifier). Same effect if you tried to revert a flyer with Air Superiority in play or revert a Briar Legion. These modifications are due to an active effect of a card in play.

Xexist
05-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Rune Ear Commander is working as intended.

Reversion gets rid of permanent modifiers on a card, they change the card text and stats to it's original state. Since Rune Ear Commander's text says he gets +1/+1 per shin'hare in play, this ability stays after reversion and is constantly checked (I refer to this as a global modifier). Same effect if you tried to revert a flyer with Air Superiority in play or revert a Briar Legion. These modifications are due to an active effect of a card in play.

I believe it is +1+1 for each troop you control (not shin hare)

Rendakor
05-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Reversion should have removed the Evolve effect from the Rune Ear, but nothing else.

Yoss
05-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Reversion should have removed the Evolve effect from the Rune Ear, but nothing else.

Yeah, the fact that it went to 1/1 is not right. It should have gone from 11/11 to 10/10 directly.

ossuary
05-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Yeah, the fact that it went to 1/1 is not right. It should have gone from 11/11 to 10/10 directly.

That's just a visual display thing as the reversion processes. I've seen it before. It doesn't actually affect anything, and he ends up at the correct 10/10 once the updates finish processing.

Also, for the record to the OP, the Stoneskin on Protectorate Sorcerer thing is not a bug either. Stoneskin only works on actions, not troops. It specifically says counter target action. You can't use it to stop a troop's ability from going off.