PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Upcoming Features

Shaqattaq
05-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Hi HEXers! We're almost done with May and we're trucking along with the HEX Beta.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-upcoming-features/

Idus
05-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Hey Chark, you can have all my commons for 4 plat each if you want :P

bootlace
05-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Please add a button to filter only gold or platinum based auctions, otherwise looks great :)

Stok3d
05-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Look forward to seeing the AH. Thanks!

incitfulmonk21
05-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Was admittedly hoping for more especially since last Friday's update was about non game stuff.

Still some info is better then none but it is really sad the auction house is taking so very long to implement would be nice to actually be able to build a complete deck.

Yoss
05-23-2014, 04:04 PM
No mention of Chest Opening. We'll have it in time for GenCon rewards, right?

As for the AH, I'll have to post my thoughts later after I review my notes and compare to the screen shots.

BlindMan
05-23-2014, 04:29 PM
You’ll see Swiss Booster Draft coming in the next patch.

That should be fun. Lots of people are asking for that one.

AH looks good. I don't mind waiting till the bugs are ironed out, since we are playing with real cards now. +1 for a filter to show/hide auctions based on whether they have gold or platinum prices.

Keep up the good work guys!

Rokz
05-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Nice, can't wait for the Auction House update no matter how long it takes. Good to see it's not too far away though.

HeXBazou
05-23-2014, 05:17 PM
can we lend cards to a friend ? AH is nice, but need trade between friend / guild

deathandtexas
05-23-2014, 05:17 PM
oi

Chark
05-23-2014, 05:23 PM

Lol, somehow I don't think I'll be paying 4 plat for commons when this goes live.

Please add a button to filter only gold or platinum based auctions, otherwise looks great :)

This is already on the list. :)

can we lend cards to a friend ? AH is nice, but need trade between friend / guild

We're working on this feature, but it's independent of the AH development.

Daer
05-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Any update on when we will be able to send stuff by mail? Having my collection spread over 3 accounts messes with my OCD.

Yoss
05-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Any update on when we will be able to send stuff by mail? Having my collection spread over 3 accounts messes with my OCD.

Why do you need 3 accounts? Everything that matters stacks.

Daer
05-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Why do you need 3 accounts? Everything that matters stacks.

Honestly I have no idea how to respond to this post.

laborlawlarry
05-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Swiss! Thank you! Yes, please. :)

zadies
05-23-2014, 07:31 PM
He could be intending to multibox raids.

Also if there are ah bugs can we have trading first if they really are independent?

ev1lb0b
05-23-2014, 09:33 PM
'Double future' patches....seriously? Time for this Dungeon Crawler to park Hex for a few months.

Chiany
05-23-2014, 11:19 PM
Hmm I was kinda hoping to hear at least something about PVE, guess we won't see that for long time :(

Oli
05-23-2014, 11:25 PM
I really hope we will see asynchronous drafts (or sealed) soon.
Usually right after the draft-part I have some RL interventions and need to leave. I just rare-draft and hope I get to play 1 match at best (so my draft-ticked does not expire).
I must confess the Arena-mode of Hearthstone is genius and I spend quite some money there.

Berkhtar
05-24-2014, 04:46 AM
So basically we will have the opportunity to buy packs (revenue) and soon use the ah (even more revenue).

Perhaps... time for a real feature? Nice that CZE already earns money... looks for my like Solforge. They promised so damn many features as well... meanwhile they have 2,5 sets out and only feature they have is draft... sounds like hex.

FoundInTheFlood
05-24-2014, 05:05 AM
Please consider the idea that someone had: Implement just sending cards to friends. I have 3 friends that started but only wanted to spend 20-30 dollars because of the lawsuit. I would like to send them common-cards SO much so they get some Repels in their human starter decks etc. ... If the whole implementation of the AH is taking more than 2 weeks (and I guess so) please consider an option to send ppl cards directly without getting anything back (maybe just make us able to send common-cards)

FoundInTheFlood
05-24-2014, 05:40 AM
He could be intending to multibox raids.

Also if there are ah bugs can we have trading first if they really are independent?

+ 1 !!!!

Werlix
05-24-2014, 09:32 PM
So basically we will have the opportunity to buy packs (revenue) and soon use the ah (even more revenue).

Perhaps... time for a real feature? Nice that CZE already earns money... looks for my like Solforge. They promised so damn many features as well... meanwhile they have 2,5 sets out and only feature they have is draft... sounds like hex.

Are you really comparing Solforge, a game that's been playable for around 17 months, to Hex which has been playable for about 7 months? Also Solforge drafts weren't available till around a year after it was playable so Hex is already well ahead in that regard.

AstaSyneri
05-27-2014, 03:52 AM
Please consider the idea that someone had: Implement just sending cards to friends.

That would really help - amongst friends and within guilds this would allow for trades now. This would really help all those "new-betas".

The screen shots still look like very early in development (when you have generated only a very few test data sets). But I really applaud that we are getting them! It shows there is development. Please give us some similarly early PvE screen shots in the next update!

Viziroth
05-27-2014, 08:20 AM
Lol, somehow I don't think I'll be paying 4 plat for commons when this goes live. hextcg pro is selling commons for between .10 and .20 USD. That'd be 10 to 20 plat. Countermagic is currently their best seller at .20.

Daer
05-27-2014, 09:19 AM
And those prices are ridiculous. I don't think anyone is thinking that commons are going to be 10-20 plat.

nicosharp
05-28-2014, 12:02 PM
People are so impulsive with money. I'm sure those sites are raking it in.

Mahes
05-29-2014, 05:56 PM
hextcg pro is selling commons for between .10 and .20 USD. That'd be 10 to 20 plat. Countermagic is currently their best seller at .20.

Is this prepurchasing? Seems odd given that a person cannot trade anything to anyone right now.

Yoss
05-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Is this prepurchasing? Seems odd given that a person cannot trade anything to anyone right now.

Yes, htcgp has been pre-selling ever since beta started.

Yoss
06-06-2014, 08:36 PM
As for the AH, I'll have to post my thoughts later after I review my notes and compare to the screen shots.
I was just reminded of this, so I dug up my most recent post on what I am hoping for in the AH, and I must say this preview leaves much to be desired. The AH is looking like it will not only fail to approach the quality I was hoping for, it won't even be as good as World of Warcraft (which is the bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned). Hopefully, what we see here is "just a placeholder" like so many of the other Beta systems (chat, AI, etc).

If I can get all search results for a given item shown with price sorting (either by not allowing cross-listing or by using the CurEx price behind the scenes), then I'll have my main care-about. I abhor the idea of having to double-search every single time I want to make a transaction.

Secondary ones that I'd very much like to have are, in order:
- on-AH CurEx (so that we don't need chat spam)
- Bid/Ask CurEx (far faster and more accurate)
- Reverse Auctions (for the ability to Sell Now)

Lesser still:
- Bid/Ask for Equipment and Crafting
- Bid/Ask for Packs
- 3rd Party API (to enable custom tooltips and analysis)

The Good :)
It's a marketplace. (Something is infinitely better than nothing!)
BuyItNow exists.
You can search by item name, AA, EA, and/or Bid vs Buy.

The Bad :(
No on-AH Currency Exchange (CurEx).
BuyItNow availability is not mandatory.
Auction price seems to be mandatory.
There's no search or sort for achievements or %XP. This is especially bad since Chark's original stated reason for avoiding Bid/Ask and going with an auction system was to highlight the double-back features. (He later admitted that BAS would be better if there was dev time available for it. I remain hopeful that the back-end programming is being done in a way that lends itself to easy and incremental upgrade of the system.)
Having a filter for price seems like a waste of valuable screen space when an efficient sorting algorithm would be so much better at meeting that same need.
Hard to say since the pics don't show the seller interface, but I'm guessing Reverse Auctions (Sell It Now) won't exist.
No information given about bid/ask for non-cards (previous indication is probably won't happen).
Having an image next to every listing is a waste of space if your search was for a specific item (every image will be the same, duh). Instead, put image bottom left for whatever listing is highlighted/selected/moused-over.
The main frame where the listings are has tons of wasted space, especially how much room is given to the item name. Hopefully that space will be filled with double-back stats or something else useful.

The So-so
Search by rarity and shard don't seem particularly useful to me, but perhaps it is to assist in "window shopping" for newbs. More features is better as long as we're not giving up anything else more important, I guess.
No indication of how sorting will be handled when the search is just for a single card type. Will you be able to sort (not search, SORT) by price? How will the gold prices sort in with the plat?
No information given on Seller interface.
No information on the fees. (Prior info said 3-5%, which is fine. But it also said there would be listing fees, which is retarded in the extreme, as it destroys liquidity in the market by making people think twice before entering the market as a liquidity provider.)
No information given about a 3rd Party API.

Summary:
I'm sure there are other things I missed, but on the whole I'm rather disappointed. :(

Side note, I found the following quotes while researching for this post (another hour of my life gone, but hopefully not wasted).

Yoss...
we LOVE having members of the community visit us, you are always welcome to come on a Wednesday night and hang out with us
...eat some pizza... get drunk... the usual

:-)

As Cory said, you're welcome to come down for our Wednesday game night.
Hey Cory, you weren't there when I visited in April, and neither was Chark!

Maybe next time. I do plan on visiting again! :)

mach
06-07-2014, 06:28 PM
I think it will be as good as the unmodded WoW AH because it essentially is the WoW AH, even down to the placement of UI elements. Hopefully Blizzard doesn't sue.

IMHO, the biggest weakness of the unmodded WoW AH is the selling interface, which is the one thing that we don't have a preview of yet. So I'm still hopeful that they'll give us something like one of the popular mods for the selling interface. If they don't, you could see commons going for a few plat just because of all the time it takes to list them.

In general, I agree with your critique. However, I wonder if this all isn't on purpose. I've seen other games ruined because the market system was so good that people ended up spending more time buying/selling than actually playing the game. Perhaps the intent is for the AH to be inefficient so people will use it infrequently and only for valuable items, with crafting being the main way to acquire commons/uncommons.

Gattou
06-09-2014, 04:53 AM
Hi, i may be a bit late but i think the auction house should not just be included in the game like you showed us.
Lots of games have an AH but i think that Hex can do it better by developping an AH API. I am soory if my english is a bit poor, but what i'm trying to tell is that we could have the AH in game and websites that could use API to list the current cards for sale.
If i go further, it would even be possible to do action like "buy" and "bid" on cards with an authentification like facebook does. The client website will not get the user login that way.

I saw people asking for "export collection" buttons, with a nice API, website developpers can do that for you. If you do that, i'll be happy to develop a nice web interface to handle a user's collection.

Hope i made it clear :)

Edswor
06-14-2014, 01:43 AM
Even thought I love to have an API available to us, I don't think CZE will put resources for that (or anything outside the current client).