PDA

View Full Version : Wheels of Fate Red 3 Heart Bug

fido_one
05-24-2014, 08:15 AM
Hey all,

I was a little dismayed to see the Hextcg twitter account say that if you pull three hearts in the wheels of fate it doesn't pay out the bonus. I wish they had acknowledged that in an update (I don't have a twitter account and don't want to, so I only sporadically check that feed), as I thought there was something I didn't understand about that payout. I've gotten 2-4 of those sans the extra bonus.

That twitter feed is saying if you screenshot three red hearts sans that extra payout they'll give you an extra 'something' but they need a screenshot. As much as I hate to admit it, I've probably entered a draft or two more than I should have just with the hope of extra gold to spin those wheels so I hope CZE can go back through a log and see who didn't those wins and do some sort of refund.

Anyone in the know care to elaborate?

hex_colin
05-24-2014, 08:33 AM
Hey all,

I was a little dismayed to see the Hextcg twitter account say that if you pull three hearts in the wheels of fate it doesn't pay out the bonus. I wish they had acknowledged that in an update (I don't have a twitter account and don't want to, so I only sporadically check that feed), as I thought there was something I didn't understand about that payout. I've gotten 2-4 of those sans the extra bonus.

That twitter feed is saying if you screenshot three red hearts sans that extra payout they'll give you an extra 'something' but they need a screenshot. As much as I hate to admit it, I've probably entered a draft or two more than I should have just with the hope of extra gold to spin those wheels so I hope CZE can go back through a log and see who didn't those wins and do some sort of refund.

Anyone in the know care to elaborate?

So you want the free extra reward (bonus from red) from the free extra reward (spinning the WOF) from the free extra reward (free gold from tournaments to help HEX test the Beta WOF) from the free extra reward (chests in booster packs) that may or may not be from another free extra reward (primal packs) or from the exceptional EV in Draft (so much prize support)? On something that maybe happens on 1% of spins. ;)

I'm saying that in jest, but at some point we just have to chalk it up to experience and not expect to be compensated for every little issue in Beta, especially without proof. Trust me, I'm already looking a 50+ instances of not getting the right payout. I chalked it up to helping test the game (and got screenshots for the couple of things I really wanted resolved). You have to take the risk that WOF won't reward you as expected (because we know there are a couple of bugs), don't spin the wheels until they're fixed, or capture proof and send in a support ticket. We're getting so much added value almost every time we interact with the game.

zadies
05-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Enh did a ticket on this issue with a screenshot of it, got a reply back that they found the bug at least which is what beta testing is about hopefully it will be resolved with the next patch..

fido_one
05-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Colin, I agree with you on this one for the most part. I am consistently amazed by the 'value' that the KS rewards netted and the angle Hex is taking at value per every USD spent when compared to other TCGs. I know this is an amazing example of first world problems but I was operating [maybe under the idiotic assumption] that the Wheels of Fate were running and paying out as they should be.

So this:

Trust me, I'm already looking a 50+ instances of not getting the right payout. I chalked it up to helping test the game (and got screenshots for the couple of things I really wanted resolved). You have to take the risk that WOF won't reward you as expected (because we know there are a couple of bugs), don't spin the wheels until they're fixed, or capture proof and send in a support ticket. We're getting so much added value almost every time we interact with the game.

is a statement I wholeheartedly agree with IF you are aware of the problem. My argument here is since I found out about it in a roundabout way via the HexTCG twitter feed that the payout was broken well after the fact. I'll start screenshotting stuff now and have zero room to complain about if I hit 3 red hearts and don't get an extra and/or don't screen shot it. If they had put this out front in center in an update as a 'use at your own risk' bug for the WoF than I would never have posted this.

...are there other WoF bugs that I'm missing (other than text stuff)? I know there is an active discussion on getting multiple sleeves, but I never saw that as a WoF issue as the 'what to do with extra sleeves' debate.

Gwaer
05-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Informative post. I've had the red three hearts a couple of times. I'll SS if it happens again.

ossuary
05-24-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm not playing any more tournaments, opening any more packs, or spinning WoF any more until these couple of little bugs are ironed out. Also because I'm getting tired of Kismet taunting me with the 3 mismatched red icons. I get that result almost as often as straight-up fails. ;)

Also, I don't want to mess with my inventory any more than I have to right now, since the bug I seem to be suffering from is proving particularly thorny to track down, and my inventory is convoluted enough already without risking another bugged result on top of it. :)

poizonous
05-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Colin I kind of have to disagree with you on that to an extent. There are plenty of people who werent fortunate enough to get KS rewards. I only slacker Backed because I missed the KS and being as how my supply of items is smaller compared to many people I can see why someone would be upset with getting a bug on the WoF. I have already thrown 30 bucks into the game since Beta for platinum to draft with so to say that we are playing with a ton of free bonuses is not the case for everyone

hex_colin
05-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Colin I kind of have to disagree with you on that to an extent. There are plenty of people who werent fortunate enough to get KS rewards. I only slacker Backed because I missed the KS and being as how my supply of items is smaller compared to many people I can see why someone would be upset with getting a bug on the WoF. I have already thrown 30 bucks into the game since Beta for platinum to draft with so to say that we are playing with a ton of free bonuses is not the case for everyone

Nothing I mentioned has anything to do with KS rewards. That's just all the free stuff you get from buying packs and playing the game.

poizonous
05-24-2014, 05:24 PM
No I know that colin but I am saying from the point of view from someone who doesnt have hundreds of packs where 1 bugged WoF spin wont be the end of the world. Take for example someone who didnt kickstart at all and just recently got a beta key? Lets say they buy 10 packs and 3 of their WoF spins were bugged. It is a lot different than those people who will have hundred of wheel spins

S117
05-24-2014, 07:25 PM
I'll play devil's advocate a bit (And preface it with the fact that I haven't had a bugged spin I'm sore about) here too to mention that really chests aren't 'free'.
They're included as a part of the pack that people pay for.
They may be an added value over physical TCG's, as something they would have difficulty providing, for no extra cost over those physical packs, and even possibly yield nothing for the gold spent spinning but they still are a part of a product people are buying.
A person could theoretically buy a pack just for the opportunity to get a good chest and a good spin on the WOF. I'd argue that's a horrible investment, sure, but it is something a person may decide to buy packs based on.

hex_colin
05-24-2014, 07:33 PM
A person could theoretically buy a pack just for the opportunity to get a good chest and a good spin on the WOF. I'd argue that's a horrible investment, sure, but it is something a person may decide to buy packs based on.

No "theoretically" about it. I've opened hundreds of packs to farm common chests to roll them for prizes. :) The AH will make my life much easier. ;)

S117
05-24-2014, 07:49 PM
The AH will make my life much easier. ;)

I know right? And, though further off, PvE to farm gold.
Though at least the AH will let me sell some stuff for gold to roll my chests (still have 10+ legendary chests to roll...30k apiece...owie).

hex_colin
05-24-2014, 08:09 PM
I know right? And, though further off, PvE to farm gold.
Though at least the AH will let me sell some stuff for gold to roll my chests (still have 10+ legendary chests to roll...30k apiece...owie).

Unless we're rolling in Gold Scrooge McDuck style, I don't think rolling Legendary chests will ever be worth it. Better to roll rare chests and look for the double upgrade. Looks like single upgrades are twice as common as double upgrades, but you can roll 3.4 Rare chests for that 30K. Seems like the best strategy to me.

Athravan
05-25-2014, 02:59 AM
The thing is, no one needs to roll their chests right now. It's not going to be wiped, those chests, and your gold, will sit there indefinitely. I see no advantage to rolling them now, in the early stages of beta, when there are definitely bugs. As far as I'm aware, there are no special early-beta prizes that will disappear (someone will correct me if I'm wrong). If anyone is bothered about the fact that the rewards could well bug out right now - just save your chests until we're further along.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-25-2014, 04:08 AM
Bugged or not, I'm having fun rolling those chests. Always cool when I get an alternate art card!

chromus
05-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Unless we're rolling in Gold Scrooge McDuck style, I don't think rolling Legendary chests will ever be worth it. Better to roll rare chests and look for the double upgrade. Looks like single upgrades are twice as common as double upgrades, but you can roll 3.4 Rare chests for that 30K. Seems like the best strategy to me.
Actually, single upgrades seem to be about 4 times as much as double upgrades (12% vs 3% - see here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34986)). As 4*8500 = 34000, spending 30k on Legendary chest spins is not unreasonable. :)