PDA

View Full Version : Effigy of Nulzann w/ Ruby of Flames

darkwonders
05-24-2014, 11:29 AM
I had an Effigy of Nulzann out w/ Ruby of Flames attached. I had the proper ruby threshold, but the opponent was still able to block with a Wild Troop.

Shouldn't Effigy only be able to be blocked by Artifacts since they are the only ones that share a shard with him?

ossuary
05-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Did you already have the 2 ruby threshold in play BEFORE you cast the Effigy? Because there's a known bug right now where the Ruby of Flames only works if you already have enough threshold in play when it first enters play - if you add the required threshold afterwards, it doesn't gain the ability.

This is supposed to get fixed in an upcoming patch.

darkwonders
05-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Yup. That was it. Thanks for that!

ossuary
05-24-2014, 12:38 PM
No problem. Hopefully, fixed next patch. :)

fido_one
05-25-2014, 10:28 AM
No problem. Hopefully, fixed next patch. :)

Interesting, I thought when I encountered this that it was a ruleset - a.k.a. if you don't meet the gem threshold when you put the card on the board you'll never get the ability. Now that I think about it, yeah, of course it's a bug...

ossuary
05-25-2014, 11:54 AM
Yeah, it behaved that way for awhile during alpha, but it wasn't the intended behavior. The gems were first put into the game as a comes into play trigger to permanently add the listed ability, but that was just to get them out the door and not how they were actually supposed to work. They're SUPPOSED to be a continuous effect so long as you meet the threshold requirement (so reversion can't get rid of them).

They got updated / fixed at some point, but every now and then when CZE is putting in a new feature that's the same as an existing feature, they accidentally use the old code instead of the new code - that's why Cerulean Mirror Knight didn't work with Legionnaire of Gowaine when they first put it in, even though Legionnaire's inspire triggers had already been fixed. This is the same scenario - gems work properly now, but Ruby of Flames is a new one that they accidentally put in with the old code, so it's functioning like the old version as a comes into play trigger instead of a continuous effect.