PDA

View Full Version : Any update on the Tablet Version?

MugenMusou
05-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Currently I use Teamviewer to connect to my PC or Mac to play HEX on my iPad or Nexus 7. It works relatively well in terms of the UI. However, there is definitely a lag. But the major issue is I have to turn on my desktop/laptop.

I have not seen any update in this regard. Have I missed a news?

Xenavire
05-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Last we heard they had a working build that needed a LOT of UI work and polish. But it was functioning so it has to be coming along fairly well.

hex_colin
05-24-2014, 08:20 PM
Last we heard they had a working build that needed a LOT of UI work and polish. But it was functioning so it has to be coming along fairly well.

Yeah, the advantage of using Unity is that you can port the code with almost no work. The problem is that the current UI would suck on an iPad or any other tablet, and they need to redo all of the art assets, etc. I can't imagine it's a priority for now though given all they need to do for the PC/MAC versions.

ossuary
05-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Keep in mind that even during the kickstarter, this was always an "at launch" feature, not a "during development" feature. I wouldn't expect to see this, or even hear anything about it, for quite some time yet. We'll probably get to play around with it at least a little bit before official full release, but not very long before. There's WAY too much to get done in the actual game client first before they start worrying about getting it working on tablets.

Athravan
05-25-2014, 02:55 AM
I definitely remember them saying at one point that this would come after the launch; so that's going to be quite a long way away. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we saw it in 2014 but maybe I'm being pessimistic. I know that even after Hearthstone had a working prototype that was being played internally, it took another 6 months to be ready for release and, without wanting to sound insulting at all, that's a much simpler interface to port.

deathandtexas
05-25-2014, 07:26 PM
2054 +/- 10 months

ossuary
05-25-2014, 07:43 PM
That's the spirit... never give up.

the_artic_one
05-26-2014, 11:55 AM
I would not expect the iOS version before release/open beta as there's not really a good way to distribute it to only people in the beta.

bojanglesz
05-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Years away, easily

MugenMusou
05-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks guys,

It sounds like I haven't missed any big news here i.e there is no news... :(

As far as I know there has been no true dTCG that provide PvP with dynamic interactive play system like HEX in the mobile platform before, so I think this is one of the feature it sets this game apart from others, which is one of the many reasons I backed this game. So I hope it won't be their last priority.