PDA

View Full Version : Card Transformations and Card Spawns

Ordic
05-25-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm relatively new to the game so maybe i'm missing something. But Certain cards transform into other cards while others will spawn new ones entirely. However without intimate knowledge of the game and the cards they spawn/transform I feel like I'm playing blind.

Wouldn't it make sense to have these cards show the stats and abilities of the new cards? Some kind of hover over like when you need the definitions of a term.

For example;

The first time I played "Te'talac Orc Gladiator" Which allows the card to transform into "Te'talac High Cleric" and I had no idea that the cleric would allow me to double the dmg of all my cards and spells which is huge!

Second Example;

"Incubation Slave" spawns a number spiderspawn however are they 1 1s or do they have any special abilities? Obviously they are not coming out as 5 5s with crushing but to accurately plan ahead and create combos it crucial to know these stats.

These are just a couple of examples and coming from the perspective of someone new to the game but I feel like this would be something that becomes and issue to a lot of new players.

I love this ability to spawn new cards and or transform them and heck some are even shuffled back into the deck. Its something more than just keeping coin counters on a table, an aspect that could only be realized through advent of a digital TCG.

These are just my thoughts but I would love to hear others.

Xenavire
05-25-2014, 11:06 AM
You can click on the name of the new cards (the white, bolded portion of the card.)

Ordic
05-25-2014, 11:17 AM
haha I see now thank you. But to be honest white bold with white text doesn't really stand out.

YourOpponent
05-25-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah the down side is the cards they transform into are only sometimes shown. For example they aren't able to be seen when drafting except when it's the deck building part of drafting. They are visible when playing matches though and when deck editing between matches.

Rendakor
05-25-2014, 12:51 PM
I thought you could click on the bold text after zooming to the card while drafting too.

hex_colin
05-25-2014, 01:49 PM
I thought you could click on the bold text after zooming to the card while drafting too.

You can.

Viziroth
05-27-2014, 06:57 AM
haha I see now thank you. But to be honest white bold with white text doesn't really stand out. It will probably be covered in a tutorial once the game is further along in development.

mudkip
05-28-2014, 12:02 PM
haha I see now thank you. But to be honest white bold with white text doesn't really stand out.

Correct.

I'm surprised it isn't underlined, a la an internet link.

Glae
05-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Does Vampire King still not let you see what a Vampire is?