PDA

View Full Version : Hex stuck in tiny window - please help!

Mascus
05-25-2014, 08:00 PM
I sent a support ticket for this, but I'm not sure if it's a problem with Hex or something in my computer so was hoping someone in the forums could help.

Involved account:
Vermin

When does the problem occur?:
After disconnecting an HDMI cable.

Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
Laptop

Problem description:
I was playing a draft tournament with an HDMI cable connecting to a TV so some friends could learn how to play. When I disconnected the HDMI cable Hex went into a windowed mode and I can't get it out of it. The window is so small that I can't play. When I click on the button to go into the settings menu nothing happens. I can't drag the window to resize it. I uninstalled, emptied recycle bin, restarted, reinstalled the game and it still only opens in a tiny window. All my other games work fine, it's just Hex.

Any suggestions would be amazing!

Incindium
05-26-2014, 04:34 AM
You try pressing alt enter to make it go back to full screen?

Yubar
05-27-2014, 08:03 AM
This happened to me after I had an hdmi cable in as well. I pressed the alt enter but now the resolution is waaay off and is too zoomed in to confirm a change within the settings of hex. I even unistalled the game and it is still stuck like this

Yubar
05-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Is bumping this spamming? I wanna play!

Xenavire
05-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Is bumping this spamming? I wanna play!

When it is a legitimate issue that requires immediate help, I would say it is not spamming (within reason, no need to bump it every 5 minutes :p)

Sadly, I have no idea about the HDMI cable issue, but the tiny window thing sounds like the ini file might have been forced to change somehow and the settings are stuck. I can't remember the way to fix it, but if anyone remembers what I am talking about they might be able to post it so you can try it.

DionyzRex
05-30-2014, 01:39 PM
You should be able to fix this by adding the following lines to your config.ini in the hex folder:

ResolutionX=1920
ResolutionY=1080

If that doesn't work, try using Alt+Enter to make it full screen and then changing the resolution within the settings.

Gulbech
06-28-2014, 10:58 AM
I have same problem. After i changed rotation on my computer hex is locked in a very small window. (1/10) of the screen. When i enter the game or go into full screen (Alt+enter) i cant change setting because the option window dont scale with the rest.

Also tried to change the config.ini but does not help, it is the window size that wont change. Checked it after launch again, and it keeps:
ResolutionX=1920
ResolutionY=1080

But game dont change resolution.

DionyzRex
06-28-2014, 01:44 PM
You can use Windows Task Manager (ctrl+shift+escape) then right click on the Hex application and maximize it. This should get you to the point where you can change the resolution to whatever you'd like

Kalashnikov
06-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Doing it in task manager does not work, mine is stuck as well can not change the resolution